O- line

PB1719

CJ is gone. Jacq is the QB now
Is that like when MC decided to only go by "Hammer?"
I'll leave myself open for "oldie" comments with this, but I'll throw in when Jefferson Starship (formerly Airplane, of course......not sure what would have come after Starship) decided to be just "Starship".As far as the original comment about CJ being gone, don't you think you might have jumped the gun a little uakronkid? I mean how do you necessarily know which CJ he was talking about? I'm just messing with you. YOU provide as much information and ENTHUSIASM as anyone on here (in all sports I might add), and I for one appreciate it :thumb: And I do agree, the O-LINE should be pretty good and pretty deep as well.

i agree with the one poster on the issue of the qb under center.cj is not a spread type qb,and running the spread does not give you much play action.i just don't see how the offense we run now fits our personnel.you need quick wr for the screen passes,and a fast qb to run the offense.cj scares no one in his running abililty,and the defense does not have to worry about contain.i wish we would go back to a i formation,and split backs.

I'll leave myself open for "oldie" comments with this, but I'll throw in when Jefferson Starship (formerly Airplane, of course......not sure what would have come after Starship) decided to be just "Starship".
Starship actually played the Rubber Bowl. I don't what year it was, as it was certainly well before my time. But Grace Slick apparently didn't like the presence of the police being at the show and she told the crowd to push through security and come on stage, thus leading to a riot. I don't know how it all turned out or the validity of the story, but this is what I heard from an old hippie from Texas when I told him I was from Akron.

I'll leave myself open for "oldie" comments with this, but I'll throw in when Jefferson Starship (formerly Airplane, of course......not sure what would have come after Starship) decided to be just "Starship".
Starship actually played the Rubber Bowl. I don't what year it was, as it was certainly well before my time. But Grace Slick apparently didn't like the presence of the police being at the show and she told the crowd to push through security and come on stage, thus leading to a riot. I don't know how it all turned out or the validity of the story, but this is what I heard from an old hippie from Texas when I told him I was from Akron.
Thanks for bringing the discussion full circle, back to a UA football related item, BB! That story sounds vaguely familiar. I'll have to ask around.

Read #9 response from a guy that claims he was thereI agree that I would like to see CJ take more snaps under center. As much as I dislike the 3-3-5, I might start to dislike this "spread" offense more.I sure hope that we don't line up and then look at the sidelines to get the play. Has that EVER given us an advantage? Doesn't seem like it to me.

Read #9 response from a guy that claims he was thereI agree that I would like to see CJ take more snaps under center. As much as I dislike the 3-3-5, I might start to dislike this "spread" offense more.I sure hope that we don't line up and then look at the sidelines to get the play. Has that EVER given us an advantage? Doesn't seem like it to me.
August 21st, 1972

I think that the Zips are actually strongest at OL and DL with the most experienced groups on the team there. The real questions will be how the secondary steps up after losing some great playmakers in Corner, Tate, and Jones. Also the highly touted recruits and JUCO players need to make a strong impact for the season to be a success. Andrew Johnson was one of the best RB coming out of high school, but that was four years ago. Also the recieving corps was virtually nothing without Arthur last year so Bowser, Fuqua, Owen and all the WRs need to play to their potential.

I think that the Zips are actually strongest at OL and DL with the most experienced groups on the team there. The real questions will be how the secondary steps up after losing some great playmakers in Corner, Tate, and Jones. Also the highly touted recruits and JUCO players need to make a strong impact for the season to be a success. Andrew Johnson was one of the best RB coming out of high school, but that was four years ago. Also the recieving corps was virtually nothing without Arthur last year so Bowser, Fuqua, Owen and all the WRs need to play to their potential.
Hey, is, uh, Harvey gonna play this year? :P