Ohio High School State Championship games

I am watching some of the OHSAA state championship games today. Does anyone know if Akron is actively recruiting anyone playing any of the games today?

If anybody else is watching have you seen anyone you'd like the Zips to pursue?

I thought it may be an interesting topic to start.

John Glenn looked to have a lot of really good players but they s3emed like a balanced team without any one or two players that stood out above the rest.

I thought Lima Central Catholic looked to have  some really good individual talent. They were a senior oriented team though so probably not any way the Zips could in on any of those guys. The same is true for Westerville South, they starts four seniors and their 280 pound junior in the middle is already an OSU commit. Lima Senior had some good players too.

The one guy (other than SVSM guys discussed in other threads) that stood out to me as far as a potential Zips recruiting target was a guard for tiny Willoughby Cornerstone Christian. His last name is McQueen and I think I heard the announcers mention that he is just a junior. Would the Zips look to Division IV for a player? He plays for a northeast Ohio school so that would probably increase the chances of landing him if he was offered. I assume looking at the current makeup of the Akron roster that we will need a good ball handling guard as we get closer to Antino and Noah reaching their senior seasons.

Edited by GJGood
  • Like 1

For what it's worth I work with a guy that goes to most of the state semifinals and all the state finals every year. He told me KD was sitting three rows in front of him during the Friday night D-1 semifinal game between Westerville South and Garfield Heights. Since I saw Westerville South in person I know their top 6 players are 5 seniors and a junior Ohio State commit so I think it's safe to say if he was there with recruiting in mind he was looking at someone from Garfield Heights.

• Like 1