Official 2010 Tailgate Photo Thread

Dr Z

As a new season (Sept 4th) draws near, and other threads have got me thinking, I would like to collect some photos from various tailgating parties throughout the season. Since our stadium is new and there are many different lots, I think it might be a good idea to post photos from various lots that show examples of your setup for tailgating. Examples could include your food table, grill, drink table, games, TV setup, or just the atmosphere that is college football. This way current Zip fans can get an idea of what is going on in various lots. We will also be able to reference visiting fans with photo examples. So take your cameras to your tailgate and refer back to this thread throughout the season. :wave:msn24.gif

PS Any photos from last year are welcome also.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great time tailgating at the game. I met a lot of really nice people and lots of true Zip fans. Thank you again to Zips Win and his family for making me and my family feel so welcome. I am hoping we can all get together for breakfast next week! I will bring a camera so I can take pictures and post next week.

post-379-1283808691_thumb.jpg

This year's stereo in Lot 34. The little monitor on left is fed an internet stream via channelsurfing.net. Surprisingly the wi-fi in Lot 34 is pretty damn good.

im surprised you can stream period. Depends on what network youre on. I know UA's wireless "rootown" essentially blocks pandora from streaming :(

Lot 34 wasn't bad -- seemed like a mix of fans, but mostly Syracuse fans near us. I did get to meet Texan Mark.

Of course Lot 9 was never open when I was ready to show up (7AM). I understood it being closed since you need a pass to park there, so I was excited to roll into the lot that on the map says, "Opens early for tailgating" - not so much. I pulled up at 7 and there was a chain blocking off one entrance and a barricade on the other. After perusing the area, I eventually drove on the sidewalk and through the common area to get into the lot. Something I guess a few other people got in trouble for doing after my recommendation. Sorry. The lot across the street (43, I think) was open, but I told all of my friends to meet us in 34, so I just decided to be a rebel.

I was able to set up in a nice little spot with a couple of picnic tables and those were a nice feature. The walk is a lot longer than Lot 9, but still not bad, and to be honest it wouldn't kill me to walk a little further.

One of my friends who is still a student set me up on the RooTown wifi. I was on the city's free downtown wireless before he showed up and my video was all choppy. Once he hooked me up with RooTown, the video looked a LOT better, and the computer I was running it from isn't anything special, just a netbook, plus it was running iTunes at the same time. I'm thinking about trying out Napster next week. I've used their free trial in the past and it's pretty nice to have their entire collection at your fingertips.

I'll post a few pictures later.

• 1 year later...
The one photo we absolutely NEED in this thread, is Dreal in his Zippy costume :gun:
Johnny,Looking forward to seeing you and all the ZNO this coming Saturday. Gonna be there for the next 2 games. Man I'm already pumped!!GO ZIPS!!!!
Dreal's in the house! That's good for a couple of machine gun salutes :gun: :gun: :gun: