Jump to content

ZippyDoo

Members
  • Posts

    337
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

ZippyDoo last won the day on August 30

ZippyDoo had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

ZippyDoo's Achievements

Rising Star

Rising Star (9/14)

  • One Year In Rare
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Conversation Starter Rare
  • Collaborator Rare
  • Reacting Well Rare

Recent Badges

269

Reputation

  1. Lee Adams, yes they did. They first and goal from the 9 ended up being a fourth and goal from the 38 and they punted. It was actually worse than their first and ten from Minnesota's 11 yard line and they had back to back 15 yard penalties that drove them back to Minnesota's 41 and they turned it over on downs.... That was pretty sad too...
  2. My coaching experience is limited to youth baseball, basketball, and football. I stopped when my kids got to middle school. My job was done at that point. So my expertise is zero or very minimal. But IF I were a coach that wanted to coach at a Division 1 program and dreams of being successful being the next Cignetti, starting lower level and climbing to the national championship, would Akron be the place? They have no money to attract transfer/portal players. The ones that they do get say that the conditions are often times worse than the JUCO schools that they left, and we have upper class transfer students, seniors and juniors, that cannot get on the field when they do come and couldn't last year, that talk to future prospects. Future coaching staffs are going to be limited to trying to convince high schoolers to come here while other schools are going for the older more physically mature students. Players are going to be given the "car salesman" speeches and pipe dream routines to come here and then rot into oblivion and for what? I think it was Villanova but I saw a coach openly admit the other day that they will not be offering any scholarships to high school kids now. They are simply going to transfer/portal players and they are going for the more mature players to win now. I think it is the Indiana mentality. Of course the committee that interviews the next potential hire is going to hear wonderful plans and visions on how they are going to change the program around and what their plan is. But from listening to what you guys have been saying on here for the last almost two seasons and from what I have witnessed, the school is not committed to financially supporting a winning program or they cannot support a winning program or a combination of both. Whichever the case is, no matter who they brought it is going to be extremely difficult to compete even in the MAC. There may be that diamond in the rough that nobody knows about that can come in and maybe motivate the players to get that upset win, and play above their level for a game or maybe two, but the money is going to talk and the truly talented players are going to go elsewhere. Whenever the time comes, the replacement is going to be some jagoff that nobody else wanted and had nowhere else to go, or someone that is trying to start from ground zero but unfortunately just wont have the financial backing to get the talent to be successful and this program is going to continue to slide worse and worse. It truly is a shame. This team currently has the talent. They are certainly hurting at some positions for sure. At this point, I'm actually very curious about Beals, but then I'm not sure about throwing him to the wolves to early and ruining him. (I know it isn't all Roggow's fault and I'm not saying that at all, but I have seen highlights and Beals is similar to CB and he has a canon also. This team with this O line needs a running threat qb in my opinion.) This weekend showed me three things, Toledo probably is the strongest team in the MAC after Western barely survived Buffalo, I think any team in this conference can beat any week so the conference is really up for grabs or at least getting to the championship is, and most importantly after being at the game this weekend--- I have zero faith in this coaching staff can prepare to beat a 0-10 high school team anymore. This staff had no answers for anything at any facet of the game. I suffered through watching the game again and truly was as bad as it could possibly be. It was like every coach that I admired for the last season and four games just handed their whistles off to someone in the stands and said here you go. Even Rod... CMU was often rushing FOUR guys... FOUR and our offensive line had no idea how to stop them.. NONE... It was like our offensive line had never lined up against anyone in their entire lives. On the defensive side it was like the defense never saw an RPO offense before when all week long every predictor including the great CAT told everyone this team's quarterback is GOING TO RUN THE BALL!!! Yet time and time again, man in motion, ball snapped, man in motion goes through the hole, followed by the rb, followed by the qb and nobody gets touched, not a linebacker or safety in site.... It is just sad. I feel duped, snake bitten. Came into this season with such high hopes. Dreams of a six or seven win season. Defended Joe Moe and the staff for a season plus now feel completely foolish...
  3. it falls solely on the coaching... rewatch the game... i can tell you watching it live players are tired it's natural and probably has a lot to do with why the run game of CMU continued to improve after the first quarter. Playing two edge rushers every snap an entire snap is as dumb as can be. they were alternate choices. Frazier could barely move at halftime. Not his fault, Mixon played EVERY snap the entire first half, again not his fault... i don't think he came out until near the end of the third for a snap... williams kavals brown, ross graves all available ... ross graves didn't play a snap ... but mixon played damn near every snap ... again NOT his fault why against a running team would you NOT want to keep your players fresh???? stopiak is 6'7 320 your telling me that kid can't help on goal line defense with williams and brown??? 335 yards rushing... in basically 3 quarters ... nothing will change
  4. yay another meaningless bullshit td against backups with under a minute left. there is nothing positive to take from this game. roggow got hit early, not his fault there was no blocking and that was game. he can't handle pressure and does not like getting hit. the only reason zips move the ball was there was ZERO pressure... that's the ONLY reason
  5. don't forget, that is to a team that 28 total yards after the first quarter... once again it is called coaching adjustments and lack there of
  6. 41-10 is embarrassing. coaches should donate their paychecks for this week
  7. time and time again it's the same thing same players big gain unsportsmanlike like penalty number 71. stupid undisciplined penalty. there are coaches on this staff refuse to play players because they "don't like" a player. personally not because the player isn't good but because they don't like them. top 100 tight end in the country transfer from michigan state can't get on the field? top ranked fcs transfer defensive senior tackle can't get a SINGLE snap cause the coach doesn't like him? we play two edge rushers an entire game with junior transfers ? why even bring them? we have a 6'7 320 lb freak that can't get on the field at ANY POSITION? i misspoke players do care, but they see the bullshit. FOUR defensive tackles play. FOUR. and two of them play nearly every snap. and nothing has changed and they are getting shredded still in the fourth. i'm not a coach but im in the bleachers and i can tell what the game plan is and i can assure every team moving forward is going to know what to do also. it is obvious the qb is audibling to run to a specific side ever time. and there goes another one
  8. there is no excuses... this is pathetic ALL AROUND. lack of preparation on the entire staff... players don't care at this point why should they
  9. i'm at the game and for the first time i'm going to say it publicly the whole staff needs fired. it's pathetic mixon has played EVERY snap. the qb is audibling and running right at him every play. EVERY PLAY. gould is in and helps block for the td is pulled and. doesn't get back in. special teams gets field goals blocked, punts fumbled and no kicker can make a field goal behind 30 yards. o line can't block and give any time coaching staff on both sides WAS NOT prepared for the first conference game in any way whatsoever. defensive line coach plays two edge rushers, 2 main starters, it's all a joke. this is embarrassing. the freaking coaches are talking to the players on the field and the f**n players watching the cow pig and chicken race down the field ... not to mention another game with pee poor discipline taking them out scoring territory for stupid lack of discipline after a play AND NO CONSEQUENCE ... they all need to go...
  10. Yep very true. Seems like their offense is very similar to a Wing T type offense. Hopefully our corners stay true and we just fill the gaps. I expect Flowers to be aggressive this game. I also think our linebackers should really stand out this game as well they are fast and cover ground so I do like this match up. But Zip is right Flores just has to lure the corner in like he is gonna run and then dink it over him. I do think this is very winnable though I'm taking the Zips by 9
  11. It's playoffs baby. That's how I think they need to approach the season. The best players need to play unless injured of course. and every game that is "winnable" must be won. No excuses can be accepted and none should be given. Miami and Western in my opinion are the two "hardest" games remaining on the schedule. I think every other game, except Western (it would take a perfect game on the Zips part and a lot of help) on this schedule is winnable. I'm still waiting to see about UMASS but this team should be able to win every other game and this conference schedule this year should be the one that they go 6-2. If this team does NOT finish at least 6-6 overall, that is three conference losses, then I would consider this year a failure, but again in my opinion looking at the rest of the conference, I really think that 7-5 is obtainable. I'm not starting the whole fire Joe Moe or anything like that. I'm just stating that our conference schedule is not that difficult this year and I do believe that we have the talent to win enough games to be bowl eligible. The coaching staff has had four games now to judge talent and to see what works and what doesn't. If they continue to play the same players and refuse to make changes then we can expect the same results and that falls on them. Hopefully, the coachable things have been addressed. From Cat has said, this week the team can focus on stopping the run. Central Michigan is Akron's super bowl. That's all they should be worried about right now. It's the most important game of the season.
  12. buffalo squeezed it out by 3
  13. ok thanks. That's the way i come in. it's easy and right off the highway. i just parked in that general parking and walked across that other lot across from scores in the main gate. it was nice and convenient. i was looking at that chart of the routes and it doesn't look like any of the routes are around that area so I was hoping it would be ok.
  14. in all honesty, only coming to there for game days, how much of a problem is the marathon going to be on Saturday if I were to arrive around 10:30? I usually park in the general parking at Spicer and E. Exchange St, close to the Score Draft Bar and Taco Bell entrance...
  15. Good to know... I have been wondering when they were going to release the start times and trying to figure out why they would not know already. The UMASS game is a Wednesday night, obviously that is either going to be 7:00 or 8:00 can't see it starting later than that.... Now the only two left to find out are the Miami and Kent ones like you said but at least I know when we will find out....
×
×
  • Create New...