Jump to content

exit322

Members
  • Posts

    1,262
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by exit322

  1. Luckily CMU's offense is also really bad.
  2. Certainly can't pick up extra blitzers.
  3. CMU found something on the line, not sure it'll help...but Roggow's not going to play four quarters anyways if they keep running free at him.
  4. CMU found something on the tape about Roggow and the O-Line. Luckily we have an offensive genius that has proven his ability to scheme his guys up.
  5. Took all of three plays for the color analyst to say (paraphrased) "maybe next time Akron's offense will do what they say they need to do." Defense capitalized on a CMU mistake, though. Gotta score points here.
  6. Good kick return to start Aaaaaand it's second and 20
  7. I like Roggow, but he's definitely QB2 (Poffenbarger was apparently here to take reps from the guys who are eligible, so I'm not counting him)
  8. I think they might want to get to 7-5 to be comfortable about making a bowl this year.
  9. Moorhead isn't required to say this, so he doesn't. Why break what isn't broken?
  10. I similarly feel pretty good about this one.
  11. You're not wrong, but this is the fun of the English language. I meant "volume" as in the number of commercials, haha I don't think the Akron sound volume is too high. Don't want them to go any higher because it's close, though.
  12. I know we've had the discussion ad nauseam on "is FCS or D2 better" for costs. As NIL and related costs increase...is it becoming where FCS could present enough savings? I'm still not sure (and in terms of local travel, D2 still has a ton more teams, though if half the MAC drops to FCS that mitigates a bit). I just don't know. 138 is clearly too many teams for the "top level" of the sport, but is FCS too big a drop in revenues for what it brings otherwise? We are losing some of the money game potential as the P4 are going to be playing fewer and fewer of these sorts of games...
  13. The asinine commercial length and volume is the worst thing about college football. But ratings are still OK so they're not gonna change it.
  14. I like this approach. Enter each game with a "we must win," possibly also because I'm not convinced 6-6 gets a bowl game with some bowl consolidation.
  15. Well if true, that's a good thing. Yeah, I think he'd have been better against UNLV, but these last 8 games are where you want to be at your strongest. Akron still has shown enough that...if the cards fall right...they could contend in the conference.
  16. I don't think the line's been all that bad, really. Sure, struggled a bit against the P4 teams a bit, but even then wasn't that bad. Roggow has proven, though, that CB is QB1 here (though I'd argue Roggow hasn't been awful). CB's going to have to learn how to slide, though, or we'll get 3-4 more games of Roggow throughout the rest of the season.
  17. The 10-day forecast in Mount Pleasant says dry and mostly cloudy. Akron's defense seems like it's been pretty OK against the run and (especially Game 4) had some "minor" issues against the downfield pass. CMU might play into Akron's strengths. Definitely feels like a winnable game.
  18. And the most successful MAC schools are going to effectively do this AND get that higher-caliber freshman.
  19. I dunno, he was coaching under Kenni Burns. Doesn't seem he was a particularly popular commodity.
  20. Imagine if our rivals had that happen, only they were replacing a guy that made Ianello and Arth look good, and that "all we can afford assistant" coach matched Joe's best 5-7 season in his first year and is 2-2 in his second.
  21. Yeah Michigan kinda needed to give a couple seconds back in that one!
  22. UMass is also missing, but they're going to fix that this year. Just need more time to build the program.
  23. You're losing a number of the teams when you do that, but I don't have an answer otherwise.
  24. He needs more time to install his program.
  25. Surely you're not questioning the offensive genius.
×
×
  • Create New...