exit322
Members-
Posts
1,261 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by exit322
-
Given they're certainly the team most like Akron in terms of "wow there's no one here," at least they'll feel somewhat at home in the cavern (even if the turf is green). While that 45-17 result may be "too early" in Joe's 14-39 tenure, it's going to limit excitement anyways.
-
Losing 45-17 to a bad CMU team will do that.
-
Well, the "we're" here was probably him and his wife.
-
Tone at the Top
-
If it were feasible to do the FCS move, I am operating under the assumption that Kent would make the same decision. As we're probably seeing that it's really not, I'm mostly just wasting keystrokes here.
-
That's what makes it a tough decision. They are getting some extra revenue being in FBS, and the expenses saved likely aren't wildly significant. There's no change that can be made that will fill the stands. Akron likely has (at least) 10,000 too many of those. This is solely relative levels of increasing attendance (which, getting rid of the empty stadium games would help accomplish year-long). Adding a close game with YSU would help both sides for that one (as Kent on a Saturday helps both sides when it's not an empty stadium game).
-
Then the question becomes...is there a path to the dollars making sense in FCS? You do lose some revenues (though less than a couple years ago as the P4 teams are scheduling fewer and fewer buy games), though you open up a little bit more revenue by removing the empty stadium games. Can't be done alone, but there's possibly an angle here.
-
Yes, they punted on 4th and goal from the 38. Long sack followed by an offensive personal foul.
-
Given the program success, I don't think Akron was looking outside the building. And I don't disagree with it. It might not work, but "run it back with next man up" isn't unreasonable.
-
I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment. We have the premier basketball program in the MAC...our coach leaves for a better job, and we have a top assistant from said premier program to try and keep things moving in the same direction. I'm not sure they seriously looked outside the program, and I don't think that's a bad thing. I don't think this correlates to the football program struggles.
-
Until he learns how to slide, I don't think we can safely call him a multi-week starter.
-
There's absolutely zero evidence to refute what you're saying here.
-
Well in this case, they don't have the dollars. We also don't know if they actually have the desire...
-
Sac State is angry now that "we paid you all this money and you didn't even put Akron on our schedule?!"
-
Moorhead is a good offensive coordinator if he has elite talent that can do exactly what he wants. Beyond that, we have limited evidence. Agree, Akron can't afford to fire him. The best they can do is see if there's a way in the contract to make him annoyed enough to leave. Maybe 10 "OC of the game" each week, one for each game, and the winners can veto Joe?
-
Great writeup as always. EMU by 20. Akron isn't winning another game this year with how it's looking right now.
-
Nice recap. They're certainly discussing if the money to make a move can be found. I don't think they're going to find it. MAYBE this time next year when he's only got a few games left. But what's the point then? That season's already lost by then, because all you have left are the empty stadium games anyways. Akron will always have significant disadvantages because of the NIL situation. As a result, Akron desperately needs a coach who can get his undermanned team to believe, while also having a coaching staff that can coach guys up. We don't have either of those right now.
-
Both. I'll settle for playcalling duties replaced for both. What was done to Roggow today was reprehensible. What in the DeShone Kizer Browns was that?
-
Especially in the PAC-12.
-
You could well be right. $61.6M doesn't go all that far, even in 2008. That said, I think we'd all be a little happier had they gone with the $55M option. Loss of revenue for one game (the opener that sold out), and that much less to pay. But, can't put that toothpaste back in the tube. We can't be sure Proenza hadn't convinced everyone that they wouldn't need to game the system to average 15K... (fwiw the NCAA enforcing this on Akron might not have been a bad thing, haha)
-
After a coaching performance like today while the entire Athletic department is doing excellent work in creating a great gameday atmosphere... They can't afford to fire Joe, but they certainly are having discussions to see if it's somehow possible anyways.
-
Are we sure it wasn't repairable? It was very old, but it wouldn't have cost anywhere near $70M to fix up. The biggest problem with InfoCision's plan is that it's just too large for what Akron is. A 20,000 seater probably would have been ample, if even that much.
-
Not that we know anything about a boondoggle athletic facility.
-
I mean, yeah. That would be nice when you can't throw. I was just remarking that it wasn't actually as "throw throw throw" as it felt
-
Correct. He isn't in consideration for an offensive coordinator job for any school with a pulse.
