NSCAA Poll - 9/2/08 Edition

1 Wake Forest (21) 525 1 2 - 0 - 0 2 Boston College 470 4 1 - 1 - 0 3 Connecticut 440 2 1 - 0 - 1 4 Creighton 423 6 1 - 0 - 0 5 Akron 422 12 1 - 0 - 1 6 Indiana 407 7 1 - 0 - 1 7 SMU 379 17 2 - 0 - 0 8 Notre Dame 317 3 1 - 1 - 0 9 Maryland 309 8 1 - 1 - 0 10 Ohio State 306 9 2 - 0 - 0 Great weekend at the Indiana Tournament... nice to see some college soccer in HD on the Big Ten Network. The foul call on Bunbury that negated his goal looked pretty bogus to me, especially as loosely as the game was officiated otherwise. Games upcoming with #32 West Virginia and #28 New Mexico in the next couple of weeks, can't afford a letdown. Home opener on Friday!!!

We smoke Notre Dame 3-0, yet ND stays in the top 10. If we'd have lost 3-0 to ND we wouldn't have seen the Top 25 for a month!
I hear what you're saying about ND's incredible "poll buoyancy" Cap'n, but they DID beat Duke 4-1 the day after the 3-0 Zip win. Hey, I guess we should oot for them to stay highly ranked. This way, come NCAA tourney seeding/selection, it will go down as a true, undeniable quality win.

We smoke Notre Dame 3-0, yet ND stays in the top 10. If we'd have lost 3-0 to ND we wouldn't have seen the Top 25 for a month!
I hear what you're saying about ND's incredible "poll buoyancy" Cap'n, but they DID beat Duke 4-1 the day after the 3-0 Zip win. Hey, I guess we should oot for them to stay highly ranked. This way, come NCAA tourney seeding/selection, it will go down as a true, undeniable quality win.
I think the pollsters were just giving them due credit for not getting a bigger beat-down from the Zips. They stayed within 3, quite an accomplishment. :lol:

Good point Johnnyzip. I am actually happy with the jump we took and I think it showed a lot of respect for our program. I agree with MDZip above also.....BC moves up to #2 in the polls going 1-1-0 to unranked teams?? How about SMU jumping 10 spots after beating Old Dominion (has not scored a goal in last 3 games) and UVA (who are usually good but unranked) :rolleyes:

Good point Johnnyzip. I am actually happy with the jump we took and I think it showed a lot of respect for our program. I agree with MDZip above also.....BC moves up to #2 in the polls going 1-1-0 to unranked teams?? How about SMU jumping 10 spots after beating Old Dominion (has not scored a goal in last 3 games) and UVA (who are usually good but unranked) :rolleyes:
Folks, it sounds as if you are not familiar with the history of the NSCAA poll. :rolleyes: There are unwritten rules about voting. As I recall, all voters must select at least four schools from New England, including two Ivy League schools, (where did Brown go to? -- they were in the top-10), along with four ACC schools, and must place either Indiana or Notre Dame in the top-10, or else a minimum of two Big-Ten schools.. That along with either UCLA or Ohio State in the top-10, and something about the ratio of Big Ten to Missouri Vallry teams, ensuring that either St Louis, Creighton or SMU is in the top-5, or two of these make the top-10. Are therre any Billiken fans out there? If so, please tell us what a Billiken is. I think Indiana had more kids from St Louis than St Louis has. How about Will Bruin -- is he the best freshman in America? ;)

Folks, it sounds as if you are not familiar with the history of the NSCAA poll. :rolleyes: There are unwritten rules about voting. As I recall, all voters must select at least four schools from New England, including two Ivy League schools, (where did Brown go to? -- they were in the top-10), along with four ACC schools, and must place either Indiana or Notre Dame in the top-10, or else a minimum of two Big-Ten schools.. That along with either UCLA or Ohio State in the top-10, and something about the ratio of Big Ten to Missouri Vallry teams, ensuring that either St Louis, Creighton or SMU is in the top-5, or two of these make the top-10. Are therre any Billiken fans out there? If so, please tell us what a Billiken is. I think Indiana had more kids from St Louis than St Louis has. How about Will Bruin -- is he the best freshman in America? ;)
Our #5 ranking is fair for us.....if we keep winning-I never want to see it drop. Screw the rest of em' - This will be our first National Championship team.

Our #5 ranking is fair for us.....if we keep winning-I never want to see it drop. Screw the rest of em' - This will be our first National Championship team.
Be patient. The Zips are a year away from challenging for the national championship. We are reallyyoung. Also, judging by the sparsity of substitutions the Zips are not deep.Give these great kids a year to play together and add in another great recruiting class. Then, Katie, bar the door. Back to back and possibly back to back to back are real possibilities.If only Hula Z.I.P. wasn't stuck out in Hawai'i. He would really enjoy the home game atmospherewith the rest of us lucky ones freezing our arses off those cold November nights.Go Zeke ...!!!! Go Tervor ...!!!! Go Zips ...!!!!

If only Hula Z.I.P. wasn't stuck out in Hawai'i. He would really enjoy the home game atmospherewith the rest of us lucky ones freezing our arses off those cold November nights.Go Zeke ...!!!! Go Tervor ...!!!! Go Zips ...!!!!
Okay, I give up! Who the heck is Tervor? :P P.S.: Talk about a cold Z.I.P. The place I'm headed trout fishing next Thur in New Mex had a high of 46 yesterday! :blink: Brrrrrrrrrrrr! Please warm up.

Z.I.P., Trevor is the five year old son of men's basketball assistant Terry Weigand.Trevor is in a life and death struggle with brain cancer. Yes, that serious.Trevor has had several operations and is currently in chemo. Reports are that Trevor is doing wellwith the cancer currently in remission. Keep praying.p.s. Start saving your aluminum cans (soda pop and beer) for the "Cans for Trevor" fund. You savethem and we'll get the cash they produce to Trevor's family. This activity has already yielded over $100 for Trevor's expenses