Charlie Frye

UA1987

An increasingly infrequent spin out of Z-P.............sorry to report.Charlie's schtick at UA was scrambling and throwing on the run. When successful (like at Wisconsin for example) he made broken routes and an overly committed pass rush (because of our paper thin O-Line in those days) pay with his ability to throw in motion. You can't do that at the NFL level..................so he never did get to utilize his strength. Now he's a little older, a little slower, and has been killed so many times he's gunshy.I think he should have his sights set on coming back to NE Ohio, starting a family, teaching or starting a small business, and coach...............his love of the game and leadership skills will take him far in whatever direction he chooses.Having said that however, I'll still wear my Seattle jersey #5 on Sunday and follow him on the game tracker hoping for a miracle.
Z-P does a good job of summarizing Frye's shortfalls as they realate to the NFL. He just isn't a QB a team could count on to win games.If I was Charlie, I would pull a Rick Dockery and move to Europe and play professionally or maybe be a player/coach. Charlie needs to get away for a while. What the Browns did to him last year with the trade after the first game had to be crushing. He can always come back and coach or do whatever he wants to do.

if I was Charlie I would go ahead and accept a roll as backup and collect those NFL minimum $500,000 paychecks for as long as I could
I agree! Lots of poor backups in the NFL so he should have no problem retaining that job for a while.It is a shame he doesn't seem to have the skills to be a starter. I hope someday the Zips can find another qb who will be successfull in the NFL as a starter.I bet the Zips would have won the 2 games against Cincy and BGSU if CF would have been the starter. I miss watching him in a Zips uniform!I also will continue to follow CF and hope for a miracle. I listened to all of last week's Seattle game on Sirius only because Frye was starting!

I bet the Zips would have won the 2 games against Cincy and BGSU if CF would have been the starter. I miss watching him in a Zips uniform!
19 D-1A wins in 4 years. I don't miss him for one second. I'd seen enough. It's funny how time is proving me right about his inability to win.

g-mann.....I hope you aren't implying that one good game between October of 2007 and now should change someone's opinion about him? Yes, it's been that long since he even hit a single game QB rating of 100. THAT'S A 14 GAME SPAN! And last time he did it was against the mighty Rams. Do you recall how good they were last year? Plus, his performance last night, as good as it looked, has now elevated his QB rating to a whopping 64.1....WOW.

I would hope for the rest of the time that Charlie is in the NFL and somebody posts an update on something he does, it doesn't turn into a bash Charlie thread.Have some pride people. I realize he played for the Browns and that skews a lot of peoples opinion, but come on, everybody that doesn't like him is WELL documented.

An increasingly infrequent spin out of Z-P.............sorry to report.Charlie's schtick at UA was scrambling and throwing on the run. When successful (like at Wisconsin for example) he made broken routes and an overly committed pass rush (because of our paper thin O-Line in those days) pay with his ability to throw in motion. You can't do that at the NFL level..................so he never did get to utilize his strength. Now he's a little older, a little slower, and has been killed so many times he's gunshy.I think he should have his sights set on coming back to NE Ohio, starting a family, teaching or starting a small business, and coach...............his love of the game and leadership skills will take him far in whatever direction he chooses.Having said that however, I'll still wear my Seattle jersey #5 on Sunday and follow him on the game tracker hoping for a miracle.
Actually, Z-P, I believe the Seahawks are nationally televised this Sunday night on NBC so you should be able to watch this week if you have the time available. I'm just hoping it is Frye who takes the snaps and maybe Wallace can play a little at WR. That would address Seattle's biggest need more than having Seneca Wallace at QB.

Seneca Wallace isn't going to let a sore calf keep him from trying to rescue the Seahawks' sinking season. After leading the first-team offense for most of Thursday's practice, the quarterback said he's ready to start Week 7 when Seattle plays at Tampa Bay. A day earlier, the backup split time with third-stringer Charlie Frye. "I feel better. I feel better every day," Wallace said of his strained calf, which he re-injured during a morning walkthrough on Oct. 8.Source: CBS sportsline

I don't understand all this negativity towards Charlie Frye. He has to be the best QB that we've had at Akron. You can't deny his leadership role and how hard he played, sometimes even injured. I don't recall him ever complaining about his situation unlike most players who shoot their mouths off. I wish more players would have the heart he does. He was actually at the game when we played Cinci. It was great seeing him back. I wish we had him back since it's frustrating to watch the qb situation now. He got a bad deal playing in Cleveland. It was a no-win situation for him with the changes in coordinaters, players (how many offensive line changes did the Browns have one year) and everybody's favorite player being the back-up. I'm sorry but Anderson is not impressing me and I've lost respect for that organization years ago. I hope Charlie does well and I'm cheering for him. I want all the Zips in the pros to do well. People have their opinions, but I would think if you're a true Zips' fan that you would want our former players to do well.

Let's see now, Matt Hasselbeck is the lowest rated quarterback in the league and Seneca Wallace's halftime statistics tonight are 4 of 10 for 26 yards, 1 interception and 0 touchdowns.And exactly why would anyone think CF would do any better with this year's Seahawks than he did with the Browns?CF just has to hope that he hits the right team at the right time before his NFL career ends.

g-mann.....I hope you aren't implying that one good game between October of 2007 and now should change someone's opinion about him? Yes, it's been that long since he even hit a single game QB rating of 100. THAT'S A 14 GAME SPAN! And last time he did it was against the mighty Rams. Do you recall how good they were last year? Plus, his performance last night, as good as it looked, has now elevated his QB rating to a whopping 64.1....WOW.
No I can't stand Anderson, But anyone on here that is a Browns fan, who apparently suffer from major short term amnesia (probably from banging their heads against a wall as Anderson performs horribly yet again) will retort that "Anderson and the Browns are back baby". (I just wish I had posted this before last nights shamble)

If I was Charlie, I would pull a Rick Dockery and move to Europe and play professionally or maybe be a player/coach. Charlie needs to get away for a while. What the Browns did to him last year with the trade after the first game had to be crushing. He can always come back and coach or do whatever he wants to do
.GP, you really should watch the news every now and then. :wave:http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true
The NFL has determined that it will switch the focus of its international business strategy to presenting the NFL to the widest possible global audience, including broader media visibility and the staging of international regular-season games, and will discontinue NFL Europa.