Giants (Zips) vs. Browns

zip81

Browns
I love Hixson, but here's hoping he does not have a big game against the Brownies like he did during the preseason. Here's my "homer" prediction: Browns 17, Giants 15. If a home crowd, in front of a national audiance on Monday night can't get these guys fired up, nothing will. Plus, the giants road win streak has to end at some point. Why not tonight? It's been a week of upsets so far in the NFL. The Brownies will continue that trend.

I don't even know if Hixon will play after getting hurt last week.I will be rooting for the Giants, for multiple reasons. Former Zips for one reason, and because the Browns need to be embarrassed one last time before the administration grows some balls and puts an end to the power struggle going on between the coaches and management.

I've been a browns fan since I was 9. Even though I find the NFL intolerable anymore (sporadic moments of football dispersed among the constant parade of commercials) watching football and the browns is a lifelong habit.I'm going hope Hixon has a good game but that his team loses.

Giants WR Domenik Hixon practiced in full on Friday and is probable for Week 6 at Cleveland. He expects to play on Monday night in Cleveland. He understands he will again back up Plaxico Burress, who leads the team with 18 catches, after having four catches for 102 yards and one touchdown in a Week 5 win against the Seahawks.(Updated 10/10/2008). PS MNF needs to be DVR'ed.

With all due respect to the former zips, i can't root against the brownies. By the end of each browns game, i am mad and swearing not to watch another browns game ever. By Thursday-Friday of the following week, i can't wait to see the browns again. I guess i'm crazy... i don't know... i can't explain it myself.

Even though I find the NFL intolerable anymore (sporadic moments of football dispersed among the constant parade of commercials)
And this is different from college football, how?
Exactly!Televised college football games are 3+ hour death marches with a halftime that is way too long. The NFL is the greatest sports entertainment in this country and they only last 3 hours.

I'm not a fan of any NFL team, but enjoy the games. I'll be watching tonight mostly to see Hixon and Blackburn. Unfortunately for you Browns fans out there, I think this game might be the beginning of another major change. This franchise simply has not been able to put it together since expansion. What are the major problems right now?1) A passive coach trying to tame too many babies.2) Not enough draft help to rebuilt the defense, thanks to giving away too many draft picks for a QB who does not play.3) Signing your other QB to a rich contract after he compiles some good numbers against some nobodys, flops during the final part of last year (most people knew that was coming), and continues his downward slide during the following preseason and regular season. Two high paid quarterbacks....and neither one of them is helping you.....brilliant.

Even though I find the NFL intolerable anymore (sporadic moments of football dispersed among the constant parade of commercials)
And this is different from college football, how?Maybe you mean the (non-televised) MAC games. :D
woah, I wasn't trying to make a distinction between NFL and college in that regard, but since you brought it up, I am willing to bet that the total average commercial intermission times for pro football is higher than college.The reason I said what I said was that when I was a kid, it wasn't nearly as bad. They slowly increased the number and length of time for advertisements over the years. Sometimes, now, I'd almost swear that the ratio is more ads than football. I'm sure that's not true, but it feels that way. When I am at a sports bar, I don't mind. Lots going on. But at home these ad-time seems tedious. Even when you are at a game, the time between play doesn't seem as bad, because of the people around you and the atmosphere.