MAC West Showdown Tonight

Bleacher Bum

Anyone else as excited about this game as I am? It's on ESPN2 tonight at 7:00 and if it's a close game, it could be great for the conference. Ball State is ranked number 14 in the country and CMU has received a few votes in both polls (along with Western Michigan as well). The line is Ball State by 7. If I were a betting man I may take CMU. I've got LeFevour.

Thanks for the reminder Bleacher. I've been enjoying Tu/W/Th MAC football on TV. Sure glad Time Warner added ESPNU.By the way, in the area of smack, official attendance at last night's NIU rout of Can't (42-14) at Dix Stadium as reported on ESPN ...ATTENDANCE: 2,267 :rofl: WHY do they continue to try ???

Anyone else as excited about this game as I am? It's on ESPN2 tonight at 7:00 and if it's a close game, it could be great for the conference. Ball State is ranked number 14 in the country and CMU has received a few votes in both polls (along with Western Michigan as well). The line is Ball State by 7. If I were a betting man I may take CMU. I've got LeFevour.
This may be the biggest regular season MAC game in the history of the conference. Because of another commitment, I'll only have a chance to see part of the game but it should be a good one indeed. I'll be very curious to see the size of the crowd in Mt. Pleasant.

I'll be very curious to see the size of the crowd in Mt. Pleasant.
I'm banking on a great crowd. I was at Kelly Shorts Stadium the last time Akron played there and was thoroughly impressed (especially because it was the weekend of a big Michigan game -- yes, they have the same issue there). Their student section has some great tradition and catchy cheers...not to mention they were the first ones anywhere to chant "@$$-h0le" to my buddies and me. I'm looking forward to an awesome game.

5 Minutes into the game and the MAC refs already make a horrendous call to hurt CMU.
I watched two measurements in a row where the first down marker was clearly on say the 42 and half yard line, and when they brought it out to the ball it was miraculously on the 42. How do you lose half a yard when you bring out the sticks? I was watching as an impartial fan, but the way the refs called the game last night felt to me as if there is a mandate by the MAC to give Ball State as much benefit of the doubt (cough cheat for them cough) as possible to maintain the national ranking.

5 Minutes into the game and the MAC refs already make a horrendous call to hurt CMU.
I watched two measurements in a row where the first down marker was clearly on say the 42 and half yard line, and when they brought it out to the ball it was miraculously on the 42. How do you lose half a yard when you bring out the sticks? I was watching as an impartial fan, but the way the refs called the game last night felt to me as if there is a mandate by the MAC to give Ball State as much benefit of the doubt (cough cheat for them cough) as possible to maintain the national ranking.
I noticed the exact same stuff, and just like you, this time my sense of injustice ran deeper, because I knew I was observing without personal bias. The spots were blatant. One time, not only was the spot off by more than 4 feet, but the ref also had to NOT stretch the chains in order to give Balls State the first down.

:blink: wanna see 2 QB's who can take charge and make everyone else better? ...watch THIS game...
What did LeFevour do when the game was on the line? He basically threw two INT's on their last drive. One was dropped.IMO - LeFevour runs too much. Against a bad MAC team that works...he can overpower 6' 0", 205lb rovers. When CMU plays a big school like a Clemson, they get POUNDED. Why? Because LeFevour can't turn the corner...he can only run roughshod over smaller LB's and rovers.I like LeFevour. I'd kill for him on my team. But he's no Nate Davis. Davis lost his best WR early in the season and still has his team @ 11-0. When it came down to needing a TD late in the game, on the road, he delivered.

Wow, what a great atmosphere at this game. It looks awesome on TV. I can't help but get even more excited for the Info watching this game :thumb:
Looked like the Akron faithful by leaving early...At least they all rushed back in....
:lol: Good observation, Zips Win! If that had happened at the Rubber Bowl, the yellow jackets would have made them all buy new tickets!