Oh How the Mighty Are Falling

Dave in Green

Can't wins by 8. side note watched the last few min of the csu cuse game with csu winning on a 70ft bank shot. good for the vikes. :screwks:
ah that's too bad, but good for CSU...besides the Zips, cant help but root for them second.
WHAT?!?!?! :blink: CSU SUCKS ALMOST AS HARD AS K.E.N.T!!! :wall: They are HUGE rivals whom have refused to play us recently!!! Burn in hell CSU!!!

Can't wins by 8. side note watched the last few min of the csu cuse game with csu winning on a 70ft bank shot. good for the vikes. :screwks:
ah that's too bad, but good for CSU...besides the Zips, cant help but root for them second.
WHAT?!?!?! :blink: CSU SUCKS ALMOST AS HARD AS K.E.N.T!!! :wall: They are HUGE rivals whom have refused to play us recently!!! Burn in hell CSU!!!
No way i can put CSU anywhere near Cant state. They are a similar program that has few glory years and is an inner city university. Their story is amazing as well, they were destined for greatness in the late 80's/early 90's, they even built a 13,000 seat arena. The only problem was their coach was destined for crack houses.

Aaah! CSU, you RAT BASTARDS! The Vikings were the lead story on SportsCenter this a.m. :puke: They got a good 3-minute-ish story on their game last night complete with highlights, commentary, and a player-bio on their G Cedric Jackson. :wall: I wish the mistake up north would just fall into the lake. Then our local media would not be able to ignore us! (and the Mistake by the Lake wouldn't be trying to steal NEOUCOM from us!) Burn in hell Cleveland and CSU!!! Go Akron and go Zips!!!Remember folks, economically speaking, Cleveland is NOOOOOO friend of Akron. Don't deceive yourselves. They'd ABSOLUTELY WIPE US OFF THE MAP if they only could!!! Screw Cleveland! Screw CSU! Go Akron! Go UA! Go Zips!

I don't agree with all of the sentiments about CSU.They are not a MAC rival.... and let's be realistic, even if Akron had a big run, no one is going to drive down I77 from Cleveland and go to the JAR who isn't an alum or otherwise connected with the Zips and not do so because of how well CSU may be playing.

Timely follow up to the hot "Elton Alexander" thread of the last few days.CSU and Waters got their "head turning/attention-getting/tourney-impressing" Top 20 OOC win. Big one for the Vikings.
Yep. Huge win for them. :wall: Why haven't we been able to win one of those over the past 4 years?! Agh!! I'm SICK this morning!!!

I don't agree with all of the sentiments about CSU.They are not a MAC rival.... and let's be realistic, even if Akron had a big run, no one is going to drive down I77 from Cleveland and go to the JAR who isn't an alum or otherwise connected with the Zips and not do so because of how well CSU may be playing.
exactly...and what's wrong with rooting for the local team a bit in things? It's always good when the small school beats the perennial power house.

Timely follow up to the hot "Elton Alexander" thread of the last few days.CSU and Waters got their "head turning/attention-getting/tourney-impressing" Top 20 OOC win. Big one for the Vikings.
I know that Waters had his troubles at Rutgers, but I think John Wooden would have had trouble at Rutgers. Coach Waters is the IMHO the second best college basketball coach in Ohio behind Miller at Xavier (Miller has much more to work with though). He is a perfect fit for CSU as he does well taking a few at risk kids and turning them into a good team....he probably tried the same thing at Rutgers, but was crushed by the talet of some of the long time Big East powers (the last I checked, the Big East has seven teams in the top twenty-five...amazing). I think CSU has a good future in front of them with him running the show.

I don't get the idea some people have that CSU is no threat to us. Of course they are!!!!Sure, their fans won't drive down here to go to games.....but a strong CSU basketball program means competition for media attention and recruits.
I agree. They are a threat, but not an immediate threat.I worry that Waters will duck UofA for a few years and then when his team gets built at CSU he will put us back on the schedule. It always worries me when the Zips have to play against more talent and a better coach. I don't worry much about the recruits as we play a different style of BB than Waters and each school recruits for that style.I don't worry much about media attention because that is hard to control and quite frankly, the media attention the two schools get isn't much to worry about even if I had to worry about it. :D

CSU is winning without Zeke. I want to win too.I'm as into "Zeke Mania" as the next guy, but the MAC is there for the taking in 2008-9. Our talent is as good as anyone. It would be heartening for Nate Linhart to come out and say "I look forward to coming to games as an alumni next season and watching Zeke, but I want a ring on my finger when I do it. Zeke ain't gonna help me get that ring. It's up to me and the McKnights to get our act together and start hitting our stride.""Wait til next season" rings hollow for us older Zips fans. I wanna win now! Help me Nate!! Stop it with the 1-8 shooting and put us on your back! Beat VCU and get on a roll!

CSU is winning without Zeke. I want to win too.I'm as into "Zeke Mania" as the next guy, but the MAC is there for the taking in 2008-9. Our talent is as good as anyone. It would be heartening for Nate Linhart to come out and say "I look forward to coming to games as an alumni next season and watching Zeke, but I want a ring on my finger when I do it. Zeke ain't gonna help me get that ring. It's up to me and the McKnights to get our act together and start hitting our stride.""Wait til next season" rings hollow for us older Zips fans. I wanna win now! Help me Nate!! Stop it with the 1-8 shooting and put us on your back! Beat VCU and get on a roll!
I would like to see that also, but I think more than Nate stepping up, I think the Mc's (Chris, Brett, and Steve) need to step it up more. I think it's good for Nate to be the vocal leader, but just keep doing what he's been doing and get the rest to step up. Jimmy sure has and Humpty's showing some good stuff for a frosh.

I worry that Waters will duck UofA for a few years and then when his team gets built at CSU he will put us back on the schedule. It always worries me when the Zips have to play against more talent and a better coach. I don't worry much about the recruits as we play a different style of BB than Waters and each school recruits for that style.I don't worry much about media attention because that is hard to control and quite frankly, the media attention the two schools get isn't much to worry about even if I had to worry about it. :D
"It always worries me when the Zips have to play against more talent and a better coach." The Zips have played against more talented teams ever since going D-1. But a better coach than KD? Come on this guy ain't chopped liver!

I don't worry about cold shooting spells from from a good all-around player like Linhart who continues to contribute to the team in so many different areas. I'd be more concerned if he was slacking off in the other areas. But I don't see that happening. His senior leadership is especially critical to such a young team, and as the season wears on, I expect Linhart to live up to everyone's expectations.