ZEKE had his first TRIPLE DOUBLE......

Hi all..HAPPY NEW YEARS to the ZipNation!!! I know its been awhile since I've posted anything. Zeke is doing great...we had an AWESOME holiday break and now its back to business. Well, as the title states...Zeke had his first TRIPLE DOUBLE---They played against Penn Hills (a section rival) and although they won 67-63..they should have won by more than 4 points...but a WIN is a WIN!!!!His stats:

25 POINTS15 REBOUNDS10 BLOCKS

It was a sight to behold....There will be an article about the game probably tomorrow or Monday.

AND GUESS WHAT ZIPFANS?????????????

YOU READY FOR THIS..............................................................

ZEKE WILL BE FEATURED ON THE COVER OF ESPN MAGAZINE IN FEB.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah.....you read right...ESPN MAGAZINE...BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will be doing the photo shoot this Wednesday. I'll let you all know how it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He talked with their reporter for about 45 mins. and his coach talked to the reporter for about an hour. We are soooooo excited. Don't know how it happened, don't know why....but "to God be the Glory"!!!!! HOLLA BACK ZIP FAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all..HAPPY NEW YEARS to the ZipNation!!! I know its been awhile since I've posted anything. Zeke is doing great...we had an AWESOME holiday break and now its back to business. Well, as the title states...Zeke had his first TRIPLE DOUBLE---They played against Penn Hills (a section rival) and although they won 67-63..they should have won by more than 4 points...but a WIN is a WIN!!!!His stats:

25 POINTS15 REBOUNDS10 BLOCKS

It was a sight to behold....There will be an article about the game probably tomorrow or Monday.

AND GUESS WHAT ZIPFANS?????????????

YOU READY FOR THIS..............................................................

ZEKE WILL BE FEATURED ON THE COVER OF ESPN MAGAZINE IN FEB.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah.....you read right...ESPN MAGAZINE...BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will be doing the photo shoot this Wednesday. I'll let you all know how it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He talked with their reporter for about 45 mins. and his coach talked to the reporter for about an hour. We are soooooo excited. Don't know how it happened, don't know why....but "to God be the Glory"!!!!! HOLLA BACK ZIP FAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Zeke! Very impressive triple double. I love the 10 blocks, to me that is the hardest stat to get. Now if he can work on the assists, perhaps he can get a quadriple double someday! ;) We could really use Zeke's inside presence this year. Seems like the Zips have zero inside game at the moment.

Wow!!! Now that is an impressive triple-double! Sometimes you see a triple-double @ 10-10-10, but to score 25 in a triple-double effort is outstanding! Zeke must be getting quite comfortable scoring the ball? He sure looked comfortable and confident on the court when I was able to watch him play in the LeBron-Akron AAU tourney.ESPN The Magazine?!?! Don't get TOO big a head big fella!!! ;) I know I sure would!!! :P Lol

Excellent news, Zeke's Momma! It look like the Tigers are starting to gel after running off 4 straight. Good luck against Gateway. Keep it up Zeke! I think the WPIAL Quad A will be up for grabs. It'd be nice to get a shot at some of those early season teams once again, this time with a well-oiled, Zeke-lead, Tiger machine! But of course, take 'em one at a time :thumb: Go Zeke!Go Tigers!Go Zips!

Hey Zeke's Mom-- Congrats to Zeke on his first of what I am sure will be many triple doubles!! And the ESPN Magazine things is AMAZING!!So glad things are going well-- we're incredibly excited to have Zeke become a Zip. There's alot of us out here on the West Coast so I'm hoping KD will get a game scheduled with UCLA or USC or LMU during the Zeke era.

That's great - though I was hoping for the third of the triplet to be steals. ;) In the very few years I played, I never even to get a single double in a game. :) The cover of ESPN. Wow. What's the angle? Are they just highlighting good young players? Good young players who are smart and have a mind of their own and don't just automatically grab onto a basketball factory lifeline? Just curious as to what they're shooting for with this issue. Or is that a secret until it comes out? Ironically it appears that Zeke may be getting more press because he chose Akron.

Hey Zeke's Mom-- Congrats to Zeke on his first of what I am sure will be many triple doubles!! And the ESPN Magazine things is AMAZING!!So glad things are going well-- we're incredibly excited to have Zeke become a Zip. There's alot of us out here on the West Coast so I'm hoping KD will get a game scheduled with UCLA or USC or LMU during the Zeke era.
Hey L.A., there's this little chain of islands, just off the coast... :D Also: Zeke's Mom, Does Zeke da Zip have his own page on Youtube yet? I've spent the last few nites watching videos from Akron soccer and our upcoming Major League Soccer #1 draft pick, Steve Zakuani. Steve has a page where you can send messages, along with comment on his vids. Can't wait to see Zeke's Greatest Hits!And, Zipgrad 1990, I loved your reference to Zeke's "Quadriple Double". Reminds me of one of Fred Sanford's favorite beverages, the QuadRipple Double. Maybe in the future, it will be known as the Quad-Zipple-Double! ;) Go Get 'em Zeke! I'll have to buy up the supply of next month's ESPN the Magazine from the local bookkstores for my familly Around the Globe.

HI all.....Zeke is really excited and very humbled by this all...ESPECIALLY the ESPN deal. His TRIPLE DOUBLE was just amazing...he took control of the game and did what he was suppose to do...PLAY ZEKE BALL!!! To answer those questions....Z.I.P. --NO Zeke doesn't have a YouTube page and he actually doesn't want one. He isn't into all of that and is actually a very private person. I don't think would "personally" do a YouTube page for himself. Things may change later on but for now its not his thing.MDZip--Hey there...How are you doing? Zeke would have gotten a couple of steals but he is afraid of getting called for those "stupid fouls" these refs ALWAYS call on him. He figures he would allow his PG's to do there job on defensive.....GOOD LUCK..YIKES!!!!!!!!!LAZips Fan...THANK YOU very much!!! We would LOOOVVVEEEE 2 come out to LA!!! Rhema to Disney Land, me to Rodeo (if only to window shop)-- :lol: Everyone else...the Hollywood Hills!!!!JohnnyZip84---THANKS!!! If we can get passed Gateway and redeem ourselves when we go against Fox Chapel..then we have a GOOD CHANCE of taking 1st place in the Section.Blue&Gold---YEAH..he is FINALLY getting to the point where he understands that HE MUST SCORE!!! and he really is getting more comfortable doing it.And don't you all worry about Zeke getting a big head....that is sooooooo not him!! He is still struggling with all of this attention...but as we all know when you are FAVORED OF GOD...there are some things you simply have to learn how to deal with and for him it will be all of the attention!!!!!!!!!!! He is going to be OK..still low key and down to earth...BESIDES momma is still going to make him WASH THE DISHES, TAKE OUT THE GARBAGE and MAKE UP HIS BED no matter how much money he makes or how many magazine covers/interviews he does. I'll snap him back to reality....dont worry about that!!! ;)

ESPN The Magazine?!?! Don't get TOO big a head big fella!!! I know I sure would!!! Lol
at this rate he might just have his own fat head one day.
I think zipseuph meant Fathead™
yes I did. thanks for clearing that up.as far as Zeke not getting a big head I must say that it self is impressive. if it was me the good year blimp wouldn't be the only dirigible in Akron.

Anybody find an article about Zeke's triple double?I found this when searching.Tiny blurb in the Trib
Hi there Dr. Z.....Thanks for finding those articles. I didn't know they were out there. As for the Trib (they really don't like us (us being McKeesport) and specifically Zeke). That article was done simply because he did the triple double. I'm not worried though about their lack of coverage because like I said he will be on the cover of ESPN Mag in Feb.

Well I'm sure you'll like this, Stan just announced Zeke is FSN's McDonald's player of the week.He announced his stats from Saturday and emphasized he is 7 foot. Photo of Zeke dunking popped up on the screen too.Congrats Zeke!
:blink: :blink: :blink: ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! OK...I take it back...LOL!!! I didn't know that either. I really need to listen to the sports radio channel more often. I have satellite radio so I don't know when the last time was that I listened to "regular" radio... :lol:Is there someway I can see or hear this online? I can't find anything.

It was on TV. FSN Pittsburgh's SAVRAN ON SPORTSBEAT. It air weeknights at 6:30 pm.For those Zip fans not familiar with the show, it's like Steve French's tv show but with more production budget. :D Anyway maybe you can email Stan and he can put you in touch with the right person to get you a tape or dvd?His email is ssavran@foxsports.net I found it here.Ad promo for the show

I wouldn't mind seeing the Zips play some west coast basketball a little further south, say against SDSU or USD. (San Diego has Sea World and LegoLand and Disney isn't that far away ...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Actually he is going to be on ESPN Rise. Not sure exactly when it is coming out. Sometime in Feb (I think at the end of the month)
ZEKE UPDATEThe McKeesport Area boys basketball team looked every part of a section champion through four minutes against rival Gateway. The Tigers raced out to a 9-2 lead on the strength of two Parris Perdue 3-pointers and five blocks by center Zeke Marshall to send Friday's large Neenie Campbell Gymnasium senior night crowd into a raucous uproar.Advertisement Then something happened.Just before the end of the first quarter, Marshall picked up his second foul and McKeesport coach Corey Gadson took his star center out of the game.When Marshall returned after sitting out the first five minutes of the second quarter, he quickly picked up his third foul and just as fast found himself back on the bench.While the 7-foot University of Akron recruit could only sit and watch, the Gators systematically ran their offense. Freshman Barnett Harris came off the bench to pour in a game-high 19 points for Gateway, while sophomore Devon Cottrell pounded his way to a 12-point showing and junior Craig Banks scored 15.In the end, the Gators survived a late Tigers comeback to steal a 52-47 win and ruin McKeesport's chances for an outright Section 2-AAAA title.