NIU prediction and post game thread

zippyfan34

i cannot believe no one is talking about the foul shots.i don't remeber any mac games where one team took 47 to 16 foul shots.everyone acts like the zips played bad.this loss was total bs.they took 31 more foul shots,and beat us by a few points.no team in the mac can beat another if they shoot 31 more foul shots.it's not like niu is a top ten team that is good enough to get all those calls.even kd did not sound happy about the refs,but was careful to choose his words.this is what happens when you go on the road.that's why i am suspect of the valpo game on the road.if the game is like niu it's almost impossible to make up 31 points.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cannot believe no one is talking about the foul shots.i don't remeber any mac games where one team took 47 to 16 foul shots.everyone acts like the zips played bad.this loss was total bs.they took 31 more foul shots,and beat us by a few points.no team in the mac can beat another if they shoot 31 more foul shots.it's not like niu is a top ten team that is good enough to get all those calls.even kd did not sound happy about the refs,but was careful to choose his words.this is what happens when you go on the road.that's why i am suspect of the valpo game on the road.if the game is like niu it's almost impossible to make up 31 points.
I've been talking about it. It was disgusting, there was something going on in that game and I have started to see it at other MAC games. That Crawford guy is someone in particular to keep an eye on.

Also, it hasn't been mentioned that our defensive intensity had to change throughout the game to adjust to the officiating. Suddenly, our #1 strength and overall aggressiveness was reduced to manage against touch fouls. There's nothing you can do about officiating but it changed Sunday's game past just their 31 additional foul shots. No excuses though…75-75….and still should have pulled it out (the charging call at that point would have helped though). It's ironic that just a week ago we were singing the praises of scheduling Sunday games to improve the officiating crews - Talk about being smacked back into MAC conference reality.

I'm getting quite sick of the reffing myself. This game was a fix with the ridiculous amount of free throws on petty foul calls.
HA! HA! Now its the officals fault,the huskies just took it to you hope we play you nextyear a sure win!!And we beat you with freshman and sophmores!
NIU fan, regardless your football and basketball teams both suck. Your school is a joke and isn't even the 7th most popular in your state. I'm sorry but it terms of lamest universities and mascots in the MAC, NIU is only second to Can't.

I'm getting quite sick of the reffing myself. This game was a fix with the ridiculous amount of free throws on petty foul calls.
HA! HA! Now its the officals fault,the huskies just took it to you hope we play you nextyear a sure win!!And we beat you with freshman and sophmores!
NIU fan, regardless your football and basketball teams both suck. Your school is a joke and isn't even the 7th most popular in your state. I'm sorry but it terms of lamest universities and mascots in the MAC, NIU is only second to Can't.
You call a stupid kangaroo a mascot!

No! we actually call the "stupid" kangaroo the best mascot in America according to the Capital One Mascot competition.

Are you friggin' kidding me? Your mascot is a guy in an NIU shirt wearing a dog's head. It's horrendous. Almost as bad and that stupid-ass Polly at EMU that broke my Z-Fence sign. (That sonofabitch still better stay away from me). When it comes to class, Zippy takes the cake.

yeah, original too. At least there aren't 18 teams named the "Zips" in the country like there are Huskies.