NIU prediction and post game thread

zippyfan34

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The descrepency in the number of foul shots attempted was ridiculous!!
honestly..i cant really blame the Zips too much, they may have come out slow but they weren't hitting shots and NIU was hitting everything. Then add to that the very fishy officiating that makes you wonder how many of those refs had money riding on it and you have a recipe for disaster.

the more I think about this the more I can't help but think of it as a good loss. yeah it's a game we shoulda won and coulda won but this will teach our young team a thing or two about looking past someone in the MAC and that is a lesson I would rather these guys learn in the regular season then in Cleveland

the more I think about this the more I can't help but think of it as a good loss. yeah it's a game we shoulda won and coulda won but this will teach our young team a thing or two about looking past someone in the MAC and that is a lesson I would rather these guys learn in the regular season then in Cleveland
no more lessons...wins...NOW

I don't think it had anything to do with looking past someone. Keith doesn't allow his teams to be unprepared to play. We simply didn't play well in either of the last two games. But this time, we payed the price. As I've said before...that's college basketball. It's tough for kids to get through a stretch like that without a loss. My only hope was that someone didn't do better than whatever we did. And unfortunately, Can't State did that, and are now in a good position to get a bye again. They also have 3 of their last 5 conference games at home, including getting to play us at their place to close the season. That could just be the game that decides the #4 seed. The only good thing that happened yesterday is that BG got a big upset loss at home. If not for that, we would have been sitting in 4th place, and would have had our work cut out for us to get back into bye position. As it stands now, we're in a 3-way tie for that #4 seed in the tournament.

Well..here is yet another way to look at all of this.......at least the MAC West part of the schedule didn't do the damage to us that it has the past two years.2007 - We had the misfortune in the scheduling of having to play Toledo (by far the best team in the West) on the road, while Can't State got them at home. That loss cost us the #1 seed in the MAC tournament, and made us have to pull off that dramatic overtime win in Can't on the final day of the regular season just to get the #2 seed. Would it have made a difference if we had played Miami in the semis instead of the finals? Who knows. We got beat up a little physically in the semifinal game against Can't (remember Jeremiah's cut eye?), and had to mount a big 2nd half comeback. Plus, we played the late game, while Miami rested and watched us after defeating Toledo. And maybe the worst blow of all....Toledo was "declared" the regular season MAC champ by being the #1 seed, and got the only NIT bid.2008 - We lost 3 games against the West. An inexplicable collapse against an average (at best) CMU squad, that bewildering loss at home to NIU, and the big loss to WMU on the road. This ultimately cost us our chance to play Can't in that season finale at the JAR for the MAC East title, and the #1 seed in the MAC tournament. 2009 - We don't know for sure if 5-1 against the West will cost us anything. But we did move ahead of Ohio during this time, and lost no ground to anyone else who was ahead of us, or tied with us. I just sure hope that Can't getting through that stretch at 6-0 doesn't come back to haunt us all.