Today's MAC Games

Zipsrifle

I don't have cable, but I was lucky enough to find the BSU vs. Toledo game on Channel 5. I have to tell you, we've got to get our act together because these two teams don't look too bad. Both teams are relying on their passing game, but have some good receivers and can air it out. BSU's RF QB Paige looks to be pretty darn good! He's got a good pass and he can run the ball. Toledo seems to have some pretty good guys on D that are bringing it. Toledo has made quite a few crutial mistakes, however. Temple is pounding EMU right now. They seem to have turned it around, beating Buffalo last week and taking it to EMU right now. I hope JD brings the change he promised, I think we'll need it.

NIU pummeled WMU! What a suprise they are! I think they are one of maybe 2 teams that may be able to knock off CMU. Who is the other? Well Buffalo was hanging pretty well with CMU, and I think Temple might be that other team. Miami continues to struggle and OU was up last I checked. It's going to be a rough year.

Fear the NIU. Looks like them vs. CMU may be the MAC game of the year. As was pointed out on this site in another thread, NIU rose from the bottom of the heap in two years with an excellent FCS head coach hire. Just sayin ...
Please! Northern lost last week to an awful Idaho Vandal club. Watching them struggle to beat CSU tonight at their cubby dome, I can see how they lost to EMU last season. While I've felt WMU is overrated all along, perhaps the Huskies can give as good an effort as UBuff, if that game's in DeKalb. But I think CMU will have their toughest contest vs Toledo. Where is that game at?It's nice to discuss the always exciting Mid American Conference! Is there a sarcastic/cynical version of :wave: I just wish my school were even competitive against these mediocre outfits. Ohio's surprise win @ BeeGee today might give them more momentum. Or it might make them overconfident. Let's hope its the latter! :rolleyes:

Fear the NIU. Looks like them vs. CMU may be the MAC game of the year. As was pointed out on this site in another thread, NIU rose from the bottom of the heap in two years with an excellent FCS head coach hire. Just sayin ...
Please! Northern lost last week to an awful Idaho Vandal club. Watching them struggle to beat CSU tonight at their cubby dome, I can see how they lost to EMU last season. While I've felt WMU is overrated all along, perhaps the Huskies can give as good an effort as UBuff, if that game's in DeKalb. But I think CMU will have their toughest contest vs Toledo. Where is that game at?It's nice to discuss the always exciting Mid American Conference! Is there a sarcastic/cynical version of :wave: I just wish my school were even competitive against these mediocre outfits. Ohio's surprise win @ BeeGee today might give them more momentum. Or it might make them overconfident. Let's hope its the latter! :rolleyes:
Idaho HAS been awful recently, but most definitely not this year. They are 4-1 with the only loss being 42-23 AT a much improved Washington team.I agree with Cap'n on OU. They are solid. A lot of people ripped me for calling the Central game a must win. And maybe I deserved that. I wonder if anyone thinks THIS (OU game) is must win?

I hate to say that I thought the must win was Indiana. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it was a lot to expect. I just thought that the team was going to be at least as good as last year on offense and much better on defense. Indiana poked the hole in the giant balloon that was the season and now the air is just slowly hissing out. It looked to me as though the team quit at CMU and that's why I've been so down about them since. If they play like that the rest of the way I'll be amazed if they win another game. If they do, even if they turn it around and maybe win 4-6 games (highly unlikely) it will be a disappointment. I'm already dreading attendance figures the rest of the way, and not looking forward to season's ticket sales this off-season. Yes, a complete bummer. I'll be there to root them on but am sick and tired of being among the very worst D-1 programs in the entire country. There is just no way to sugar coat it this year.Come on Zippers, shock us. Turn our collective frowns upside down.GO ZIPS!stz

Idaho HAS been awful recently, but most definitely not this year. They are 4-1 with the only loss being 42-23 AT a much improved Washington team.I agree with Cap'n on OU. They are solid. A lot of people ripped me for calling the Central game a must win. And maybe I deserved that. I wonder if anyone thinks THIS (OU game) is must win?
Have you seen them actually play? I see this team, since they play in the WAC. The way they played vs Col St., yesterday, they would have struggled against Akron or K-ent State. They're maybe in the top-90 this year, and I give you, that's their best performance in a decade. As far as Ohio and Bowling Green, Cap'n, Bee Gee looked like the favorites in the MAC East the first two weeks, playing a top-25 Missouri very close on the road. Somehow, they left their game in Huntington WVa. Ohio? What game indicates that they can claim to be a contender? Buffalo, even at 1-3 is still my pick in the East. Temple may be #2. We know who the bottom three are. :rolleyes:

Have you seen them actually play? I see this team, since they play in the WAC. The way they played vs Col St., yesterday, they would have struggled against Akron or K-ent State. They're maybe in the top-90 this year, and I give you, that's their best performance in a decade. As far as Ohio and Bowling Green, Cap'n, Bee Gee looked like the favorites in the MAC East the first two weeks, playing a top-25 Missouri very close on the road. Somehow, they left their game in Huntington WVa. Ohio? What game indicates that they can claim to be a contender? Buffalo, even at 1-3 is still my pick in the East. Temple may be #2. We know who the bottom three are. :rolleyes:
You're correct in that I have yet to see Idaho play. But they did BEAT CSU. Now I know the Rams aren't great, but they're not horrible either. Getting back to the original point (NIU), I HAVE seen them play against Wisconsin. They matched up physically very well versus the Badgers in a arrow defeat. I think the Huskies also overlooked Idaho, probably giving the Vandals about as much credit as you are :D If I recall, NIU dug themselves a hole in that one and their comeback fell short. NIU isn't built very well for overcoming large deficits. I still think they'll give CMU all they can handle. I'll bet Bill Cubit agrees with me.BTW while I think Buffalo was pronounced dead way too early this year, I don't think they have a realistic chance at the MAC East at this point. Time will tell.

BTW while I think Buffalo was pronounced dead way too early this year, I don't think they have a realistic chance at the MAC East at this point. Time will tell.
Does anyone think Temple can win the MAC East? Good MAC schools pile up the points against their competition and Temple did that against at least the defending MAC Champion.Last year I thought Temple could be really good in time, but not this soon.

My take on the MAC East:1.) Temple - Off to 2-0 start. One of them being on the road at E. MIch. They are far from the best in the West, but a road win for the Owls nevertheless.2.) Miami 0-2 start. A great football tradition has REALLY fallen on hard times. Redhawks may win only 1 or 2 conference games.3.) Can't 1-0 start. Yeah, but it was at home vs 2.) mentioned above. With Jarvis out, uh- no, no Can't.4.) Buffalo 0-2 start. First they are hammered at Temple, then lose a 7 pointer to C. Mich at home. C. Mich is the best in the MAC, but home losses hurt. Could they recover? Yes, but a home loss is a home loss.5.) BG 0-1 start. Home losses really do hurt. They will have to counter with a road win. They can score, but the way the Bobcats scored on them, they might have serious D problems. Unless OU has a juggernaut offense - uh I don't think so.6.) OU 1-0 start. A HUGE AND I MEAN HUGE road win for them against a divisional opponent last week in BG. They have to be thinking that a road win at INFO this Sat, will set them us nicely to win the East.7.) Zips 0-1 start. That loss was on the road to the best in the MAC. With the internal problems, the bye week could not have come at a better time. THIS IS THE CONFERENCE GAME OF THE YEAR IN THE MAC EAST. The Zips must get it done this Sat.