Mt. Union exhibition game

MDZip

I second the comments about Swiech and also i feel that the "well deserved" Zeke attention made us overlook another newcomer in Sullivan.Alex showed me a lot of great positive things. If it wasn't for Zeke's debut, i know he hould have received a lot more attention but oh well.
I thought Sullivan looked promising also. He looks to be a great athlete with a lot of leaping ability. Don't get me wrong about Swiech though, I do like the guy. Its just that KD isn't going to play someone who is a liability on defense. Bardo may not contribute much on offense, but he is a good defender and thats why he gets playing time. I wish there was a way you could combine Bardo And Swiech into one player! :rofl:

Since Steve Swiech's shortcomings are often posted on this forum, I think it's only fair to point out what he did right. He tied Chris McKnight for team leadership in rebounding with 9. Swiech got his 9 in just 14 minutes compared to 21 minutes played for McKnight. Swiech also had 2 blocks, 1 assist and was 1 of 2 from both the field and the free throw line. Whatever his shortcomings and his future may be with the Zips, he deserves credit for his overall performance in this exhibition game.
There is more to Steve than what he is often unfairly critizied for. Steve has the task of toughening upZeke Marshall. Steve's job is to beat up on Zeke every practice. He is doing a good job of teaching Zekehow to play the inside. Yes, the coaches, especially KD, oversee this process, but, it is Steve doing thework.Zeke's step-dad mentioned to me at half time that he thought (via Zeke) that Zeke has improved greatlysince the start of team practice. And, that Zeke had excellent coaching in AAU over the Summer. Zeke'sstep-dad credited Steve with being a large part of the process. I seriously doubt that Steve would be one of the players likely to leave for playing time. I think Steveis enjoying this important role. Thank you, Steve.

I took some video at the game, got some decent clips of Zeke and everyone else. Made a quick little highlight video (God forbid the Athletic Department ever would do the same).Here's the LINKSorry i did it on Facebook, everyone should be able to view still. I just hate Youtube and it's quality downsizing/audio copyright flags.
Haha, I remember watching your camera screen when you were shooting. I was literally right behind you lol. As for the game, I'm not even taking this one into consideration. I'm not going to be a Jerk and down play Mount Union or anything but I was kind of upset that this was scheduled. The difference in schools was just too great, D3? and D1... I understand that this was an exhibition game and that it may hold some value in establishing team confidence and testing out plays in actual competition but my god.. I would say so and so "did good" or "has improved" but I honestly can't gauge our skill level because of the immense difference in play. It was nice to be back in the JAR again though, and both teams and teams family members seemed to be having a good time, which is what it's all about.

Listened to about 3/4 of the game after having to skip out of this one. Payday is Friday and I'll be picking up the family pack that day.Rasor has an interesting final quote from Coach Dambrot on the liveblog of the game:"We have some guys that have told us that if they don't play, they will go somewhere else and play."Thoughts?
Most likely suspects would be Swiech and Sullivan. Both look to be at the back end of a logjam of depth at their respective positions. I think Swiech would probably benefit most from a change of scenary. Sullivan seems to have potential, but I don't know if it will be enough to get minutes over Humpty, McNees, Roberts, McClanahan and if/when he comes back Steward. Both have enough eligibility left where transfering makes some sense. Guess we will see here.

Haha, I remember watching your camera screen when you were shooting. I was literally right behind you lol. As for the game, I'm not even taking this one into consideration. I'm not going to be a Jerk and down play Mount Union or anything but I was kind of upset that this was scheduled. The difference in schools was just too great, D3? and D1... I understand that this was an exhibition game and that it may hold some value in establishing team confidence and testing out plays in actual competition but my god.. I would say so and so "did good" or "has improved" but I honestly can't gauge our skill level because of the immense difference in play. It was nice to be back in the JAR again though, and both teams and teams family members seemed to be having a good time, which is what it's all about.
Watched a bit of the UNC vs NC-Central debacle in ESPN tonight. Yeah, I guess beating the crap out ofhapless D-1 team trumps beating the crap out of a hapless D-3 team. Didn't we pull the same nastyagainst NC-Central a year or two ago?

Watched a bit of the UNC vs NC-Central debacle in ESPN tonight. Yeah, I guess beating the crap out ofhapless D-1 team trumps beating the crap out of a hapless D-3 team. Didn't we pull the same nastyagainst NC-Central a year or two ago?
Yes. 2007-2008 season. Zips 96 NC Central 49.

Since Steve Swiech's shortcomings are often posted on this forum, I think it's only fair to point out what he did right. He tied Chris McKnight for team leadership in rebounding with 9. Swiech got his 9 in just 14 minutes compared to 21 minutes played for McKnight. Swiech also had 2 blocks, 1 assist and was 1 of 2 from both the field and the free throw line. Whatever his shortcomings and his future may be with the Zips, he deserves credit for his overall performance in this exhibition game.
There is more to Steve than what he is often unfairly critizied for. Steve has the task of toughening upZeke Marshall. Steve's job is to beat up on Zeke every practice. He is doing a good job of teaching Zekehow to play the inside. Yes, the coaches, especially KD, oversee this process, but, it is Steve doing thework.Zeke's step-dad mentioned to me at half time that he thought (via Zeke) that Zeke has improved greatlysince the start of team practice. And, that Zeke had excellent coaching in AAU over the Summer. Zeke'sstep-dad credited Steve with being a large part of the process. I seriously doubt that Steve would be one of the players likely to leave for playing time. I think Steveis enjoying this important role. Thank you, Steve.
WOW It's about frinkin time!!!!!!!! I was begining to think Swiech Who??? Is he a Zip?????? I have wait Two long yours for some on this board to recoginize Swiech's telant. Thanks Go Zip your alright in my book!!!! I nearly fell off my firkin chair!!!No I don't see Swiech getting quailty minutes this year; not until Bardo graduates. No I don't See Swiech Leaving Akron for playing time at a D2 school why would he. From what I understand He should Graduate next Dec. with honors and Start his Masters Program. (Beside isn't education is what the boys are really her for)? with even that being the case, he still should have a year left to play after his gets his Masters.I has broken my heart to see him sit on the bench time and time again, But I know this I watch him on the bench always the first one to get up and congradulate his teammembers. Swiech does more in team spirt then the AK- Rowdies on and off the court. I mention this before people Swiech does the same hard practice with the Zips as Rudy did for the Notre Dame Football. he is Akron's own Rudy like able and deicated. It is my opinon that Swiech is a good place mentally and will be happy for the free education Akron has givin him. He will leave without regret and be happy as an air traffic controller. Thanks again Go Zips you made this old man's day. I bow to Swiech and You :bow: I know your all going to look up to see who I am and why I have always been so passionate abot Swiech. Don't bother I'm Swiech Uncle.

I've both seen and talked to Steve and he's a class act. He is one of the most approachable guys on the team, and from what I've seen he is equally as hard working. If he keeps his dedication both in the classroom and on the court, things will work out for him no matter the situation. I really hope he picks up his game and makes it onto the floor!!

He will leave without regret and be happy as an air traffic controller.
Steve seems like a great guy, we were all excited when he joined the Zips, especially at his size. I love when he gets into games. Don't know what keeps him out but he does have some production when he gets in. Hope he gets some more playing time this year and that he really enjoys hs college experience (heck he already got to be a part of an NCA tournament team). And at 6'10" he might be able to talk directly to the pilots. Best of luck to him. :)I also think this is a good reminder to people who post on these boards. Family members do read tham and the attitude of fans can matter. Once a Zip always a Zip, I will always try to support anyone who decides to join UA. If I'm really annoyed I just won't say anything.