give the devils their dues

so as I mentioned before I was played a gig with the OSU athletic band (say what you want a guys gotta eat) and as much as I love to hate on them they did do a couple things I could see Akron bring in.1) I don't know why we've never done this but during some timeouts they had some fun little interviews with the players. they did a "how well do you know your teammate" thing where they would ask one member of the womens b-ball team a question about a team mate that was sitting next to them and see if they could answer it. this would do a lot to make the comunity feel more conected to the team.2) the band would yell "hey fans O-H" and you can see where that would go. it would work great wiith our band yelling out "hey fans AK" and would go a bit further to connect the fans to the band wich can only help3) THEY HAVE A DRINKING SONG!! "I wanna go back to Ohio State" I think this would be an awesome thing to get going. either someone in the band writes one or we take an old drinking song and make up our own words to it. could you imagine getting together at some bar before/after a game and lifting some brews with fellow zippers singing our very own drinking song?again for what it's worth I did warm up in their arena by playing the blue and gold

3) THEY HAVE A DRINKING SONG!!
So does Akron.
I tried to find the thread on here, but I couldn't come up with any unique qualifiers from the lyrics. So here is the gender-neutral version we came up with a while back.DRINK BEER!DRINK BEER!DRINK BEER G-- D---DRINK BEER!I WON'T DRINK BEER WITH ANY FANWHO WON'T DRINK BEER WITH AN AKRON FANAKRON ONCEAKRON TWICEHOLY JUMPIN' J---- C-----G-- D---SON OF A B----G-OOOOOOOOOO ZIPS!!!

So does Akron.
I tried to find the thread on here, but I couldn't come up with any unique qualifiers from the lyrics. So here is the gender-neutral version we came up with a while back.DRINK BEER!DRINK BEER!DRINK BEER G-- D---DRINK BEER!I WON'T DRINK BEER WITH ANY FANWHO WON'T DRINK BEER WITH AN AKRON FANAKRON ONCEAKRON TWICEHOLY JUMPIN' J---- C-----G-- D---SON OF A B----G-OOOOOOOOOO ZIPS!!!
I was thinking more along the lines of something that could be a bit more official and main stream. something with an english tavern melody that the band wouldn't get in deep $hit for playing in the stands and that the rowdy's and other fans could sing to at a game

So does Akron.
I was thinking more along the lines of something that could be a bit more official and main stream. something with an english tavern melody that the band wouldn't get in deep $hit for playing in the stands and that the rowdy's and other fans could sing to at a game
I like your idea. We could be like English football hooligans in "full voice". You're correct in that the "song" I posted is really more of a monotone "chant".

So does Akron.
And better than Can't using "Beer Barrel Polka"

So does Akron.
I like your idea. We could be like English football hooligans in "full voice". You're correct in that the "song" I posted is really more of a monotone "chant".
don't get me wrong I like what you guys have I'm just looking for something the University could get behind (although I would pay to hear DR. P chanting this)

1) I don't know why we've never done this but during some timeouts they had some fun little interviews with the players. they did a "how well do you know your teammate" thing where they would ask one member of the womens b-ball team a question about a team mate that was sitting next to them and see if they could answer it. this would do a lot to make the comunity feel more conected to the team.2) the band would yell "hey fans O-H" and you can see where that would go. it would work great wiith our band yelling out "hey fans AK" and would go a bit further to connect the fans to the band wich can only helpagain for what it's worth I did warm up in their arena by playing the blue and gold
On the first thing:Maybe instead of a "how well do you know your teammate" thing, how about "how much do you hate Can't State"? On the second thing:How about a "Z-I" on one side then "P-S" on the other side? Good job with the warm up. Keep up the good work. :thumb: