Geek Life

GoZips

I see that Mike Rasor is taking the AK-Howdies to task for their dismal attendance.Good for him. They need a trip to the wood shed. A trip to BUGS on Saturday would be better.When I entered the JAR (North entrance) I was pleased to see the end zone bleachers nearlyfull of kids (students?). Can't be UA students. I kept looking up all game to see how many hadexpired as in died. They cheered like they were all dead.After the game I saw sheets of paper saying the seats were reserved for "Greek Life" Here's a tip.Geeks. Yeah, I said it. A pack of geeks, not Greeks. Actually, I hate to put down geeks. You so called, lame assed geeky Greeks. Get up off your Pepsi soaked bums and cheer.Are you morons expecting to be at the CANT game? If you are ... go sit with them. For shame.You lame assed Howdies ... get to the game and join the few real AK-Rowdies who were outstandingagainst Buff-a-lu. That team from Canada. Good job ... !!!!!

I see that Mike Rasor is taking the AK-Howdies to task for their dismal attendance.Good for him. They need a trip to the wood shed. A trip to BUGS on Saturday would be better.When I entered the JAR (North entrance) I was pleased to see the end zone bleachers nearlyfull of kids (students?). Can't be UA students. I kept looking up all game to see how many hadexpired as in died. They cheered like they were all dead.After the game I saw sheets of paper saying the seats were reserved for "Greek Life" Here's a tip.Geeks. Yeah, I said it. A pack of geeks, not Greeks. Actually, I hate to put down geeks. You so called, lame assed geeky Greeks. Get up off your Pepsi soaked bums and cheer.Are you morons expecting to be at the CANT game? If you are ... go sit with them. For shame.You lame assed Howdies ... get to the game and join the few real AK-Rowdies who were outstandingagainst Buff-a-lu. That team from Canada. Good job ... !!!!!
wow... trash talking our own fans :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more, i didn't even realize they were sitting up there (they were directly behind me) until halftime. What an embarrassing show for the Greeks as well as a terrible turnout for Rowdies. I honestly dont get it. 1200+ at soccer games (SOCCER?!!?) but barely 75 at a basketball game...hmm.

so heres the thing. soccer is going after a national title. basketball is trying to make it to the big dance just to play a game half way across the country and get their @$$ handed to them. are there anymore questions about why the soccer team brings out more fans?
Oh, I see.tOSU wannabes. Front runners. Only root for a sure thing. Too bad those Howdies missed a wellplayed Zips basketball game. Let's see if the Howdies have enough nads to show for the Kant Sucksbeatdown.

so heres the thing. soccer is going after a national title. basketball is trying to make it to the big dance just to play a game half way across the country and get their @$$ handed to them. are there anymore questions about why the soccer team brings out more fans?
Oh, I see.tOSU wannabes. Front runners. Only root for a sure thing. Too bad those Howdies missed a wellplayed Zips basketball game. Let's see if the Howdies have enough nads to show for the Kant Sucksbeatdown.
Oh im sure most of them will. That's what the "Twice a years" do. They show up for games where it's socially important.

Yeah...it's SOCCER
it's a WINNER. I never had any interest in soccer until I came to Akron where I had a national title contender wearing my school colors

Do you guys realize that students sit all over the JAR, not just where the Rowdies sit? It seems like there were a lot more students at the soccer games, and there probably were for the big games, but they were also all grouped in the area behind the goal. Also, if anyone paid attention during the soccer games, it was mostly just the students near the front that were doing chants or anything. Some students don't want to put in the effort to cheer and would rather just sit down and watch the game, so they sit in the bleachers. As for myself, when I can, I try my best to sit with the Rowdies, but didn't last night because I got there late due to class and had to leave early to go support my roommate's band.

Hello? Pot? .. It's kettle calling!

Do you guys realize that students sit all over the JAR, not just where the Rowdies sit? It seems like there were a lot more students at the soccer games, and there probably were for the big games, but they were also all grouped in the area behind the goal. Also, if anyone paid attention during the soccer games, it was mostly just the students near the front that were doing chants or anything. Some students don't want to put in the effort to cheer and would rather just sit down and watch the game, so they sit in the bleachers. As for myself, when I can, I try my best to sit with the Rowdies, but didn't last night because I got there late due to class and had to leave early to go support my roommate's band.
+1 I consider myself a huge Zips fan. Thankfully I attended more soccer games this year but I never miss a home football game or basketball game.That being said, I am not a member of the Rowdies. I respect what they do, but I think I enjoy the sports themselves too much to be a hooligan. Sure, when the atmosphere is intense at the end of a close game, I'll scream and clap when a basket is made, but I do not join in any chants. It's just the way I am.This has been bugging me for a while. I think sometimes people forget that there are other UA sports fans other than the Rowdies.

I can GUARANTEE you that behind the Ak-Rowdies in support of our athletic teams is the greek community.
Then where have they been? And where were they in the second half? Their biggest cheer was during team leapfrog.
Can't argue that point. Greeks always make a mass exodus after halftime. It's been that way forever.But give them credit...the do show up for 1/2 game per gear. That's more than a lot of people who own lower level reserved seats. :D

Yeah...it's SOCCER
it's a WINNER. I never had any interest in soccer until I came to Akron where I had a national title contender wearing my school colors
Hmm, because Soccer has had a chance to win a national title how many times...TWICE! You have proven yourself to be the frontrunningest of frontrunners. And, if your definition of WINNER is national titles, the Soccer team is still a loser.I've really had with you and your ilk. You need to recognize every program matters, every program deserves the support of the students (free admittance), alumni and Akron. Just look at Kansas to see what "football sucks, basketball is better" gets you. I support every program, attend events for every program, I have season tickets for football and soccer, I went to everything when I was student. I did my homework watching the tennis team practice and soccer games, I've sat in the bleachers watching the volleyball with 70 other people spread out. Have some damn PRIDE and want success for everything at the University of Akron.

Yeah...it's SOCCER
So you're admitting to being a front runner?The basketball team is a winner too, in a sport that matters tenfold more. Soccer is great and all, and i definitely respect it and enjoy it. But im not in the majority and i know that, basketball is far more entertaining and should draw more fans. Maybe it's your front running attitude that too many people have and is why most students are too busy watching the Cavaliers this time of year rather than watching the Cavaliers AND the Zips.

ok rootforroo and g-man. you are both idiots and I'm gonna tell you why.where in my post did I say that basketball isn't important?where did I say students shouldn't show up for basketball?where did I say "I don't go to any other sporting event except for soccer"?here’s the answerI DIDN'Tfact of the matter is root is to dense to understand why students would rather go to watch a team that constantly beats bigger name people then a basketball team that plays in a crap arena. I agree more students should show up to basketball games and support all their school sports but to not understand why more students show up for our most successful program then they do for a basketball team that can't compete with the "big dogs" is flat out stupid (and I can't wait for the day that they can because I know it's coming). I've been to many basketball games (men’s and women’s) I've been to even more football games (can't even count how many times I've stuck around to watch those guys get there heads stomped in) and now I'm being called a front runner by two guys who don't even know how to read? look back at my posts and you will see that all I've done is explain simple facts to rootforroo because he/she simply doesn't get it.and for the record I'm the only Zipper in a family of Buckeyes and I've always taken flack and given it right back with the best of them. I was at the Barley House for the Akron CMU game and I was in the ear of the manager when he changed the audio over to the OSU game and I've never been back. I've gotten on countless people for wearing other schools crap on our campus and I've spent more than my fair share of time and money supporting our teams.