Spring Game Thoughts?

cornbread

4. Disappointed we didn't get to see Matt Rodgers play.

That's what I thought. As bad as PN looked at times, and there still was no time for MR to get in???

12. Interesting comment by my wife. . . "The team shop STILL not being open is an embarrassment to the University.

This is incomprehensible. They have the store on the SW corner, and a stand in the west wing, and they're selling crap OUT OF A TRAILER??? They have garbage bags over the windows of the store??? And they only had a handful of items in the trailer. I know they have a VERY limited number of items to sell anyway, but for crying out loud I've seen Division 3 schools that had a bigger inventory and a decent place to buy it.

They leave so much money on the table it's incomprehensible. It was 40' yesterday, think of the merchandise they could have sold, if they had it. What a joke.

My wife went to Akron 4 years, I've gone three, my oldest son is finishing up his first year. We've been to football games, soccer games, basketball games, baseball games. And still my 16 year old athlete son couldn't believe it yesterday when I said Akron was Division I. Other than being Big 10 fodder every year in football, how would he know?

Someone needs to wake up. Sorry, just felt like giving the dead horse a couple more licks yesterday.

Your powers of perception are very limited compared to several others on this board. Just ask them, they will tell you that the stadium was 100% complete before the first game last year.

When we do go shotgun with Nicely and we all of a sudden become sharp on offense, it makes me worry less about our players. The offense will slowly come together, the sacks are the biggest question I had.

I want to see us catch more balls, but don't people like the TE routes straight down the field? Those kind of plays, when we do hit them, are going to open up this offense and take linebackers with them hopefully.

Last, the concrete stuff is an eyesore, but when has any project this large not had some problems, it will get taken care of, Im sure the University is not going to keep sections of the stadium closed off forever.

Gozips.com photo blog #1 published 10/06:

The concrete had already been poured in some sections. The photos are probably from around 10/01. Looks like pouring in "winter" did not cause the issues.

http://www.gozips.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?SPSI...mp;PALBID=22979

Gallery from 11/11:

All of the sections in question are poured and apparently cured. They started on the West side first and some crumbling sections were done in the middle of October. Again, don't see an issue here with cramming to get done.

http://www.gozips.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?SPSI...mp;PALBID=24112

When we do go shotgun with Nicely and we all of a sudden become sharp on offense, it makes me worry less about our players.

That's because football has become a passing game with the QB in the shotgun. The game moves too fast to put the QB under center unable to focus downfield.

When we do go shotgun with Nicely and we all of a sudden become sharp on offense, it makes me worry less about our players.

That's because football has become a passing game with the QB in the shotgun. The game moves too fast to put the QB under center unable to focus downfield.

That is unless the o-line plays well.

It is disheartening to know that the project has started to disintegrate before completion.

Try to look at it philosophically....the day you are conceived is the day you start to die. Buildings are the same. The day they are finished is the day they start to die.

Think of the replacement of the concrete as a sixth toe. It does happen, but can easily be fixed the first couple days after birth. UofA is just removing a sixth toe.

Nope.

I think Lee Corso has had too large an influence on your football knowledge. The are disadvantages and advantages to both. For example, the QB gets a better read on the secondary when under center as opposed to being in the shotgun.

Nope.

I think Lee Corso has had too large an influence on your football knowledge. The are disadvantages and advantages to both. For example, the QB gets a better read on the secondary when under center as opposed to being in the shotgun.

So you are saying a QB gets a better read hunched over with his hands on the sweaty ass of a center than he does standing erect in the backfield with a wider range of vision? It's amazing anyone would even type that. If that was the case, wouldn't every QB have his hands under center on 3rd and 10 so he could get a better read instead of in the shotgun...they could always run that play action fake on 3rd and 10 running from under center. We all know how well that works.

Are you also saying football has not become a passing game? That would sort of fly in the face of reality. Football has not just become a passing game, the rule changes have made it so you almost have to pass to take advantage of them.

Not sure where the Lee Corso comment comes from.

Nope.

So you are saying a QB gets a better read hunched over with his hands on the sweaty ass of a center than he does standing erect in the backfield with a wider range of vision? It's amazing anyone would even type that. If that was the case, wouldn't every QB have his hands under center on 3rd and 10 so he could get a better read instead of in the shotgun...they could always run that play action fake on 3rd and 10 running from under center. We all know how well that works.

Are you also saying football has not become a passing game? That would sort of fly in the face of reality. Football has not just become a passing game, the rule changes have made it so you almost have to pass to take advantage of them.

Not sure where the Lee Corso comment comes from.

When you are under center, it is harder for the defense to disguise their coverage. You don't have the line standing up immediately to block your field of view.

Shotgun has obvious advantages for the pass game.

Lee Corso has tormented video game players for years with his crazy in-game commentary in NCAA football.

When you are under center, it is harder for the defense to disguise their coverage. You don't have the line standing up immediately to block your field of view.

Sometimes when a person is wrong, they should just admit they are wrong and just move on. Digging the hole deeper is not the best thing to do.

Sometimes when a person is wrong, they should just admit they are wrong and just move on. Digging the hole deeper is not the best thing to do.

Please see page 2 of this thread. Your memry is not correct btw.

It is disheartening to know that the project has started to disintegrate before completion.

Try to look at it philosophically....the day you are conceived is the day you start to die. Buildings are the same. The day they are finished is the day they start to die.

Think of the replacement of the concrete as a sixth toe. It does happen, but can easily be fixed the first couple days after birth. UofA is just removing a sixth toe.

Oh it's "extra" concrete that is falling off. Thinking of it philosophically, I was thinking it was more like an ear fell off and we need to fix it so people won't stare at us cause we look like a freak. Thanks for splaining that to me Ricky.

I guess I don't know how to respond. Your years of trolling exp are showing their worth. By not addressing the point I made, and progressing right to a disparaging remark, you are successfully creating an illusion of authority. Good show.

Any QBs or Coaches in here know what I am describing? Taking snaps over center makes it easier to decipher the defense. I was pretty sure that was common knowledge among the football proletariat. All 6' of Drew Brees knows what I am talking about.

I guess I don't know how to respond. Your years of trolling exp are showing their worth. By not addressing the point I made, and progressing right to a disparaging remark, you are successfully creating an illusion of authority. Good show.

Any QBs or Coaches in here know what I am describing? Taking snaps over center makes it easier to decipher the defense. I was pretty sure that was common knowledge among the football proletariat. All 6' of Drew Brees knows what I am talking about.

Actually I believe the term is "under" center not "over." Otherwise, you are absolutely correct. There is no way a QB can read the defense as well from 6 or more feet behind the line compared to being right up behind the center unless the guy has like Superman vision. From the longer distance a 300 pound lineman looks to be the size of an ant, and forget about being able to spot them dinky linebackers and defensive backs.

Speaking of spotting the Tonganator on the sideline - what was he doing? I notice he is not on the roster. Will be play more downs than Bain next Fall or will they tie for snaps played in 2010?

I agree. What's up with that? One day he's on the roster, the next he's off. Was/is he just a figment of JD's? A make-believe anathema of some frustrated UA mad-scientist professor? I mean who really knows. I've heard about him but I've never really seen him. Who has! He's on the sidelines. He's not on the sidelines. I don't know that we need to rack our human brains over such apparently mythical sightings of this Tonganator. Amy such sightings or belief in the existence of The Tonganator are surely beyond perceptual and/or intellectual apprehension but central to being and directly accessible by intuition. His seemingly mythological proportion precedes himself. I mean Monster/Schmonster, how big can his hands really be. Let's focus on the really important stuff. Who likes the new color unis?

But then again..

How's that old Steven Tyler song go... "blessed are they that have not seen, yet still believe".

GO ZIPS!!!! :champs::D

Speaking of spotting the Tonganator on the sideline - what was he doing? I notice he is not on the roster. Will be play more downs than Bain next Fall or will they tie for snaps played in 2010?

I agree. What's up with that? One day he's on the roster, the next he's off. Was/is he just a figment of JD's? A make-believe anathema of some frustrated UA mad-scientist professor? I mean who really knows. I've heard about him but I've never really seen him. Who has! He's on the sidelines. He's not on the sidelines. I don't know that we need to rack our human brains over such apparently mythical sightings of this Tonganator. Amy such sightings or belief in the existence of The Tonganator are surely beyond perceptual and/or intellectual apprehension but central to being and directly accessible by intuition. His seemingly mythological proportion precedes himself. I mean Monster/Schmonster, how big can his hands really be. Let's focus on the really important stuff. Who likes the new color unis?

But then again..

How's that old Steven Tyler song go... "blessed are they that have not seen, yet still believe".

GO ZIPS!!!! :champs::D

:bow::bow::bow: Bravo!!!

you can't tell a thing from spring...nicely did nothing to indicate he will not be the starter...last year is a far better indication of his talent...its time to move on from guys who have not played and won't play under the new regime...if you couldn't get on the field with a bad team...well...running back?..need to see AA in a real game...defense?...come see after the 'cuse game...