Anyone going to Kentucky?

InTheZone

I'm going. I spent a couple years at UK before coming to Akron and my family is still down there So basically it's a win-win, no matter how good or bad the game could potentially be. Plus I have a friend who has season tix to UK and is out of town so I didn't even have to buy them!

Take it from me Dr. Z, Ramsey's is awesome if you're looking into local joints. Go to the one on Maxwell, close to campus, for the most authentic experience though. If you are looking for an awesome beer selection, the Old Chicago the UK fans mentioned is nice, but they are a chain, try Pazzo's on Limestone St. at the north end of campus (across from the bookstore). They have 100 or so beers on tap and awesome pizza, oh and get a soft pretzel with cheese.

If you have any other questions, let me know, I'd be glad to help out being a reformed Zips fan from KY!

Take it from me Dr. Z, Ramsey's is awesome if you're looking into local joints. Go to the one on Maxwell, close to campus, for the most authentic experience though. If you are looking for an awesome beer selection, the Old Chicago the UK fans mentioned is nice, but they are a chain, try Pazzo's on Limestone St. at the north end of campus (across from the bookstore). They have 100 or so beers on tap and awesome pizza, oh and get a soft pretzel with cheese.
Thank you, I marked both on my map. Getting ready to get on the road.

The Kangaroos are leaving for Lexington in about 2 hours. :wave:
Keep your ears on channel 19 and watch out for the bear in the air.

Wildcat Nation Knows How to Tailgate

Looks like a lot of bars (DeVassa/Horse & Barel/DaSha's/Cheapside/Big Blue Martini (for the chics)) around Rupp Arena.

If anybody is out tonight drinking, and wants to hook up, pm me.

Cant make the game. Does anyone know what thread that link was on to help people find where to watch the games? It was an SEC fan site i think that had broken down exactly what channels shows what games...

Also, since bars only hire the most intelligent people and Can't grads, does anyone have any pointers on exactly what to ask them to make sure they have the specific channel you are looking for? For example this week, I need a bar that carries Fox Sports South. If a bar has direct TV, does it show anywhere in the menu what fox sports channel/local it is?

Other than the game quality itself, what a great trip to Kentucky, great fans, very hospitable.

Hooked up with wildcatnation.net for a shrimp boil tailgate before and after the game.

Ate at Pazzo's Friday night and hit a bunch of local pubs. Here are a few snap shots from the day/night.

Good road trip.

kentucky1.jpg

kentucky2.jpg

kentucky3.jpg

kentucky4.jpg

kentucky5.jpg

kentucky6.jpg

kentucky7.jpg

kentucky8.jpg