zips vs OSwho

Can someone find a video clip of the Warzycha Red Card play and post it here please? Would love to see it.

I can't find it anywhere online. Of course, OSU didn't include it in their highlight package. I think the only way to get a hold of the footage would be to buy a one month subscription to Suckeye Vision and watch the archived replay of the game. It really was one of the dirtiest fouls I've ever seen. Nagbe was on the ground, play was stopped, and Warzycha turned back towards his own goal and fired a laser at Darlington. Outrageous. That's what I love about UA soccer. Win, lose, or tie, we play with class.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-2 final. I hope the Zips learned something from this game!!!

the only thing the zips learned is "dont except to get ANY calls when you play the Buckeyes"

Yes, there were no penalty kicks awarded to the Zips or red cards doled out to the Buckeyes. We played a lousy game, get over it.

Spoken like someone who wasn't there. This wasn't a loosely officated game, this was a case of the Buckeyes pushing us around and when we attempted to push back WE GOT whistled and/or carded. The red card was one of the most blatant acts of unsportsmanlike conduct i've ever witnessed and to be honest, two of their players should have been ejected from that as another one took a swing at one of our players.

Like i said before, anyone that was there saw how bad it was.

So... you're blaming the officials for losing the game?

Not likely! They might have made calls, but did Akron play a perfect match? NO.

Now, we need to move on to tomorrow night's match and not worry about what happened last night.

can you explain to me where i said i blamed the officials for the loss?

btw, i have clips from the game, gotta see if i have the red card play. I'm not sure if i do though. I'll have them posted in a little while regardless.

the only thing the zips learned is "dont except to get ANY calls when you play the Buckeyes"

Yes, there were no penalty kicks awarded to the Zips or red cards doled out to the Buckeyes. We played a lousy game, get over it.

Spoken like someone who wasn't there. This wasn't a loosely officated game, this was a case of the Buckeyes pushing us around and when we attempted to push back WE GOT whistled and/or carded. The red card was one of the most blatant acts of unsportsmanlike conduct i've ever witnessed and to be honest, two of their players should have been ejected from that as another one took a swing at one of our players.

Spoken like someone who complains about the ref every time we lose or has some insane conspiracy theory every time something bad happens to us.

Actually I was there. I saw some lousy calls go both ways... and the refs had N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with last night's result. Lack of focus, shoddy execution, and an entirely too passive approach with a one-goal lead had everything to do with it.

oh im sorry, you were there...However i'm sure it was your first soccer match.

Records are wonderful consolation prizes, and beating OSU in any sport is always a big treat for Zips fans. But winning the National Championship is the big prize. The Zips have proven several times already this season that they can dominate top 5 teams. The fact that they were tied by a team that's barely in the top 20 is painful to Zips fans, especially when it's the team from Columbus. But it's not critical to winning the National Championship. I can't wait to see how they bounce back from this, and how strongly they peak at the end of the season.

Records are wonderful consolation prizes, and beating OSU in any sport is always a big treat for Zips fans. But winning the National Championship is the big prize. The Zips have proven several times already this season that they can dominate top 5 teams. The fact that they were tied by a team that's barely in the top 20 is painful to Zips fans, especially when it's the team from Columbus. But it's not critical to winning the National Championship. I can't wait to see how they bounce back from this, and how strongly they peak at the end of the season.

I agree with what you say, except for the part about not being critical. It's critical that they learn from this mistake (up a goal and a player). They need to take from this and move closer to the true goal of a national championship.

Spoken like someone who complains about the ref every time we lose or has some insane conspiracy theory every time something bad happens to us.

Actually I was there. I saw some lousy calls go both ways... and the refs had N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with last night's result. Lack of focus, shoddy execution, and an entirely too passive approach with a one-goal lead had everything to do with it.

:lol:

This is a link to game highlights on mlsnet. The reaction of Warzycha after the red card is bizarre. He just kind of walks away in a daze even as Akron players are shoving him. I will give OSU's coach the benefit of the doubt because he hadn't seen video of the incident but he says they were unlucky in getting the red card because it could have easily been yellow. OSU's lucky I didn't jump out of stands and throttle Warzycha

http://www.mlssoccer.com/videos?catid=112&id=9183

Awesome vid, thanks for sharing.

Did anyone else sense some animosity from OSWho's coach at about 1:30 into the video? He seemed almost happier to end our streak than he was to even remotely compete with us. There's definitely some jealousy in good old suckeye land.

Anyway, congrats to the OSU players. I'm sure that they will remember this game for the rest of their lives.

As for Akron...time to regroup and punish FAU.

This is a link to game highlights on mlsnet. The reaction of Warzycha after the red card is bizarre. He just kind of walks away in a daze even as Akron players are shoving him. I will give OSU's coach the benefit of the doubt because he hadn't seen video of the incident but he says they were unlucky in getting the red card because it could have easily been yellow. OSU's lucky I didn't jump out of stands and throttle Warzycha

thank you for that.

I wasn't at the game, but judging from the OSU coach's reaction to the game, I can see where the lack of class comes from. His reaction to the red card was unreal. That was in no way a yellow-able offense. The ref made the right call. Also, his reaction to breaking our scoreless streak was cocky and arrogant.

Please tell me we play them again at our place later in the year. If so the Rowdies had better show up in full force to heckle their team.

Does anyone know how to pull just the red card clip out of this video and put it on youtube? I'd love to be able to pull that clip up whenever we play the Bucks as a little reminder and extra inspiration.

This thread is so full of irony it is amazing. :lol

IMHO I think this is great. Yeah we tied, but we learned and got some great experience from it.

The thing that makes this so different than football is that in football we are happy to just be competitive.

In soccer we are pissed off for tying a top 20 team on the road. To me, that's awesome.

THanks for posting the videp clip from MLS. I thought it was well done. John Bluem was reasonable in it to my way of thinking. Sure he mentioned the streak and how he felt in played out in the minds of our players, but that is the gamemanship that goes on at this level. Caleb's comments were all class. Let's not get too deep into this resentment for OSU. They did what they had to do. We didn't! They played phsyical with 10 men behind the ball and they tried to get us more worried about them than playing our style. When Bluem brought on the extra forwards and dropped the defenders we should have picked up the pace. We didn't. In fact the last 3 minutes of the game OSU controlled the tempo. You could see it slide away.

For what it's worth in the Soccer America blog today Bluem saluted the great crowd Akron travels with. He knows it wasn't his team that 7,300 came to see. The number one player in the state, Tripp from Gahanna Lincoln who is coming to Akron, was there with his team. In fact, I counted many high school teams that came just to see the Zips. If we learn from this tie, which seems like a loss, this game could be a blessing as we win a national championship. Forget the other BS and whining that is being posted. We are better than that and we have more class than to bitch.

Does anyone know how to pull just the red card clip out of this video and put it on youtube? I'd love to be able to pull that clip up whenever we play the Bucks as a little reminder and extra inspiration.

ask and ye shall receive....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aDe05v2sOg

Just an idea for what could happen tonight...

We lose to USF 2-1, we go on the road and beat #4 UNC and #3 WF by combined score of 5-nil...

We beat Cincinnati 1-0 on a poorly executed game, and we come back and beat #2 Tulsa 4-nil...

We tie Oswho 2-2, and now our next opponent is FAU? :nutkick::rock::rofl::puke:

We lose to USF 2-1, we go on the road and beat #4 UNC and #3 WF by combined score of 5-nil...

We beat Cincinnati 1-0 on a poorly executed game, and we come back and beat #2 Tulsa 4-nil...

I think the owls are in for a treat tonight. My guess is 4-0.

Thanks for posting the videos.

Did anyone else notice in the video that just as the ball rebounds off Nagbe's face the coach says "I'm really proud of our team"? Good piece of video editing MLS. I might be biased and looking for something that's not there (a sort of "Dark Side of the Rainbow" you might say), but it made me laugh regardless.

Thanks for posting the videos.

Did anyone else notice in the video that just as the ball rebounds off Nagbe's face the coach says "I'm really proud of our team"? Good piece of video editing MLS. I might be biased and looking for something that's not there (a sort of "Dark Side of the Rainbow" you might say), but it made me laugh regardless.

haha yeah when I cut the clip I thought of just muting the video and putting music on or something but the timing was too great to mute.

Thanks for the video post, still can't believe that Warzycha did that... never seen anything like that before on the soccer field and hope I never do again. On the whole I think this result will be to our benefit... and it would be nice to meet them again in the tournament and show them what we've really got.

I expect a very hungry team of Socceroos to get back on track and probably win by a touchdown tonight.

:lol:

:rofl:

Thanks for the video. I have been involved with the game for over 25 years as a parent, coach and official. As an official, that was the easiest call I've ever seen an official have to make. It was a no brainer. Red card. That simple. That piece of video would be excellent tool for trianing officials.

I think the owls are in for a treat tonight. My guess is 4-0.

I've been saying the same thing the last couple of days. Would NOT want to be FAU tonight. Akron does not generally run up a score so 4-0 or 5-0 sounds about right tonight. Enough to vent and put #1 ranking back on display but not enough to humiliate/embarrass FAU coach and players.

Looking forward to another nice night at our newly-renovated pitch. GO ZIPS!