2012 Recruiting

The link doesn't work. Just tell us.

HEARD that Akron will be getting a ton of 5th year ND guys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next year.

Dayne Crist

Anthony McDonald

Dan McCarthy

Deion Walker

Brandon Newman

David Posluzny

Lane Clelland

Hafis Williams

Are all talking with Coach I and Powlus about transfering into Akron and playing 1 year to get a better shot at the NFL.

Not being totally familiar with the rules, but how would this be possible without sitting out a year?

Graduating players can go to a different school and play immediately if the school they are going to has a graduate program not currently being offered that their current school..

And how are we in deep crap if that happens? That is a great influx of talent, although just for one year. I cant imagine all of those players coming though, maybe one or two...

People have said iCoach ran off up to 50 people (although I think that is BS...would like to see 50 names). If we add these 8 guys it should help replace some of those 50...who would be Jrs or Srs next year. Can't see how this is bad or how any rational person could complain. I hope this happens.

Oh yea...and it adds 8 good students to the team for our acedemic statistics. No downside to this.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the ND rumor is true, it would help tremendously next year. I have witnessed at least 3-4 of those guys and, no doubt, they would be significant talent upgrades and do well in the MAC. However, by doing this, Ianallo would be doing exactly the opposite of what he said he would do:

“I knew when I arrived here that it would not be an easy task,” Ianello said. “We are just going to continue to build. That’s what you do. There is no magic wand. If you take shortcuts and you compromise, you really won’t get it fixed."

from this article:

http://www.ohio.com/sports/ua-football-coa...essure-1.245792