New Soccer Coach

I guess this is why we have no coaches.......Kudos to Coach Lolla and staff. BAH bye to our only nationally ranked program.
We will end up with a top flight soccer coach. I am 100% certain of that. I really have nothing left to comment on the coaching situation that I didn't already state below. I wish we'd hired one sooner, but I also want to make sure we get the right guy.When all is said and done I doubt it will take much longer to replace Lolla than it did Owens. It is also tough hiring around the Holidays.

SEARCH HAS BEEN IN HIGH GEAR FOR WEEKS - NEW SOCCER COACH WILL BE MADE PUBLIC IN NEXT 10 DAYS - LOTS OF BIG TIME COACHES INTERESTED IN JOB - ALUMNI GUY MENTIONED ABOVE WILL NOT BE A FACTOR - OTHER CANDIDATES ARE FROM MUCH MORE HIGH PROFILE PROGRAMS FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD - ZIP SOCCER SAFE AND SOUND. SIGNING DATE NOT UNTIL FEBRUARY. NEW COACH WILL KEEP CLASS. YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED.

Folks,With regard to the soccer coach search, consider where the past and current (interim) Athletic Directors came from. The University of Virginia. That should be enuf said. Who was coach of UVA men's soccer during their years in Charlottesville? Who is coach of the United States National senior (World Cup) soccer program? Bruce Arena chose UA's Ken Lolla to coach his national youth (15>) team program. The U of A has connections to the highest reaches of soccer coaching circles. Look for a coach with national name recognition. Possibly a former national or World Cup team member. Definitely someone with national and international recruiting contacts.Rest easy Zip fans. We are going to be a force in futbal for a long time. Let's look forward to the 2006 season when we could be ranked first or second in the preseason poll. :bow: