QB

akron football

It's time to put in PN7. hopefully Ianello can bite the bullet and do what's best for the team. Also Happy 21st Birthday PN7....
speaking of bullets, what happened to THE LONE RANGER ,,almost everyone on this board was ripping on PN7 and all I would read was how great CM8 was and how he was going to save the day. Way to much hype.. and the record shows..lets get PN7 back,,he never got a shot this fall because RI was trying to make him the excuse for our bad season.. Go LOOK in the mirror Coach I.

... everyone on this board was ripping on PN7 and all I would read was how great CM8 was and how he was going to save the day...
Let's take a look back:In April, here is a 2 page thread titled Patrick Nicely , ....first when we start training camp -- iCoachIn July, here is a 3 page thread titled The QB battleIn July, before a starter is named, I predict we lose to Columbus by double digits no matter who the starter is.In August, JZ reports from practice that neither QB distinguished themselves from one another.Eight pages of debate when LR8 is named starter.The debate continues into SeptemberI get irritated when I read these generalized BS statements how everybody wanted or said this or that. There are some quality posters on this board, you just have to filter through some that are not. You can do this yourself by getting rid of the posters that do not contribute quality information/discussion to ZN"

I was not found of PN7 and saw from him the same thing I saw from him in high school. I think what you are seeing more of though is people deciding that neither of these kids has a chance to succeed with the Bozos running this show. To that.....we saw PN7 have an opportunity to succeed in an environment more conducive to him when he played seven games his Freshman year. We haven't seen LR8 in a an offense more conducive to his style. Both of these guys played in a modified spread and suceeded in high school. iCoach is fitting a square peg into a round whole, but I'm not sure I expect much else from him...he is terrible.

I think what you are seeing more of though is people deciding that neither of these kids has a chance to succeed with the Bozos running this show.
I wouldn't have used the word Bozos....Probably would have gone with something like "yahoos", but a good point. If they trade out Moore, the just get another set of problems and they aren't correcting the core issues.

... everyone on this board was ripping on PN7 and all I would read was how great CM8 was and how he was going to save the day...
Let's take a look back:In April, here is a 2 page thread titled Patrick Nicely , ....first when we start training camp -- iCoachIn July, here is a 3 page thread titled The QB battleIn July, before a starter is named, I predict we lose to Columbus by double digits no matter who the starter is.In August, JZ reports from practice that neither QB distinguished themselves from one another.Eight pages of debate when LR8 is named starter.The debate continues into SeptemberI get irritated when I read these generalized BS statements how everybody wanted or said this or that. There are some quality posters on this board, you just have to filter through some that are not. You can do this yourself by getting rid of the posters that do not contribute quality information/discussion to ZN"
+1. I honestly don't recall anyone predicting great success from LR8. It was just a general hope for better things and a comforting thought that LR8 couldn't possibly be worse than Nicely. However, LR8 just seems to be a tad better than Nicely. Sadly, with these two it seems to be pick your poison. God bless them both, but we just don't seem to have it at the QB position.

I was not found of PN7 and saw from him the same thing I saw from him in high school. I think what you are seeing more of though is people deciding that neither of these kids has a chance to succeed with the Bozos running this show. To that.....we saw PN7 have an opportunity to succeed in an environment more conducive to him when he played seven games his Freshman year. We haven't seen LR8 in a an offense more conducive to his style. Both of these guys played in a modified spread and suceeded in high school. iCoach is fitting a square peg into a round whore, but I'm not sure I expect much else from him...he is terrible.
^ There you go, Big Zip. I think I corrected your spelling error.

+1. I honestly don't recall anyone predicting great success from LR8. It was just a general hope for better things and a comforting thought that LR8 couldn't possibly be worse than Nicely. However, LR8 just seems to be a tad better than Nicely. Sadly, with these two it seems to be pick your poison. God bless them both, but we just don't seem to have it at the QB position.
That pretty much explains my thoughts. What did we have to lose? But, I think the difference is a little more significant than just "a tad". It's a 108 QB rating vs. an 85 QB rating, with an absolutely devastated OL in front of him, and a group of inexperienced receivers and backs. Plus, the ability to be another RB and gain positive downfield yardage when everything else fails. Plus, with Moore being only a Sophomore, and Nicely getting down to the last dozen or so games of his career, it certianly makes a lot more sense to be expending our development efforts on the guy who can possibly be more of a long term solution. I'll be watching closely tomorrow to see how a Mississippi boy responds to 30-some degree weather.

I was not found of PN7 and saw from him the same thing I saw from him in high school. I think what you are seeing more of though is people deciding that neither of these kids has a chance to succeed with the Bozos running this show. To that.....we saw PN7 have an opportunity to succeed in an environment more conducive to him when he played seven games his Freshman year. We haven't seen LR8 in a an offense more conducive to his style. Both of these guys played in a modified spread and suceeded in high school. iCoach is fitting a square peg into a round whore, but I'm not sure I expect much else from him...he is terrible.
^ There you go, Big Zip. I think I corrected your spelling error.
I fond your correction to be inadequate. :)

I'll be watching closely tomorrow to see how a Mississippi boy responds to 30-some degree weather.
Maybe he is a cold weather QB like Keith Byers was a cold weather RB!?!? Like an anti-Daniel McCoy.51c20c7f92b009f0894de180569d7ac6_0.jpgStudents sit on the hill at Infocision Stadium waiting for good play at the QB position for Akron.