You can call me crazy...

Valpo Zip

I keep seeing that word used. Over all the threads talking about this game. Momentum...The interesting thing about momentum is that long stoppages disrupt momentum. Say the long stoppage between the end of the game and the start of OT.Then there is GP1's argument that MAC schools do everything they can to lose a game. From the rest of the season that you have seen, who is better at giving away a game? The Zips or the Chips? Because I've seen us fail in the redzone multiple times. Going to OT gives us plenty of opportunity to screw up one more time.
Momentum is one thing, but what also comes with momentum is confidence. The Zips had to be playing with both at the end of the game Saturday. Confidence is not broken with a break.We gave away a game on Saturday against the Chips. I wouldn't describe any game the Zips have lost this year as one where they gave it away. They are barely in every game and the scores are rarely close. To give away a game, you have to be in the game to give it away.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the ball on their own 5 yard line would have been good field position?
My bad. I thought we were farther out than that on that one. I still stand by the fact that everything up to the final play is hindsight and that going for the win was a better choice than OT. The problem with the whole thing is we know what outcome A is and we can only speculate what outcome B would have been. I feel that given our inexperience and inability to score in general we lose the game if we go to OT anyway. With those two things I say keeping CMU on their heels and trying to win with the 2 point conversion is our best option. The play selection was very uncreative and with CMU gifting us a timeout I thought we could have chosen a better play.

Getting the ball on their own 5 yard line would have been good field position?
My bad. I thought we were farther out than that on that one. I still stand by the fact that everything up to the final play is hindsight and that going for the win was a better choice than OT.
Rock on, Don Quixote.

Can i change the title of this thread to: "I am crazy... I thought I saw progress"
No problem. We were all 'blinded by the light ' last week.
:lol: ol' Brokenheart doesn't seem so bad right now, does he Lee? Just messin' with ya :wave:
LOL. I still think given what was going on JD needed to go. BUT,I assumed obviously incorrectly that Wistrcil would actually try to bring in a coach with some sort of track record for winning football games at some level. Hell,my 8th grade coach at least went 3-2 against Bolich. JD was a better representative for the program too. Oh well,maybe Louie Pro will tire of this and order a change.

Can i change the title of this thread to: "I am crazy... I thought I saw progress"
No problem. We were all 'blinded by the light ' last week.
:lol: ol' Brokenheart doesn't seem so bad right now, does he Lee? Just messin' with ya :wave:
LOL. I still think given what was going on JD needed to go. BUT,I assumed obviously incorrectly that Wistrcil would actually try to bring in a coach with some sort of track record for winning football games at some level. Hell,my 8th grade coach at least went 3-2 against Bolich. JD was a better representative for the program too. Oh well,maybe Louie Pro will tire of this and order a change.
I actually wanted JD gone after the 2008 season. I felt at the time we needed a fresh face to maximize the potential advantage afforded by the new digs. Who knows if that would have turned out any better, but at least TW couldn't possibly have made the hasty hire at that point in time.