The GIANTS Win

akronzips71

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the beginning of the game when they went through the starting lineups and each player said who they were, he said "Chase Blackburn, Akron".

That's the only time I heard "Akron" too.

The Cleveland news stations lasdt night were loving mentioning local high school players that were in the game, but never mentioned that Chase played at Akron.

That's the only time I heard "Akron" too.

The Cleveland news stations lasdt night were loving mentioning local high school players that were in the game, but never mentioned that Chase played at Akron.

Typical. Then people wonder why we have an inferiority complex about OSU and why many of us consider Cleveland to be an adversary. There was no mention of this in the Leaking Urinal and worst of all, OUR OWN ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT has not made a related media release. If we don't promote ourselves, who will? Sad.

The Browns have NO DEFENSIVE BACKS who would've made that interception that Blackburn did. None. How many times have we witnessed the ball bouncing off Cleveland hands, followed by the obligatory mock-fit, stomping, shaking the head, clutching the fists, looking to the heavens.... Gets real old, real fast.

Frankly, the Browns have no WIDE RECEIVERS who would've made the catch that Blackburn did. Imagine being THAT FAR down the field! Not in the vaunted West Coast Offense! Ha!!

These might be tongue-in-cheek statements....but, sadly, we all know there's a LOT of truth to them both!

Typical. Then people wonder why we have an inferiority complex about OSU and why many of us consider Cleveland to be an adversary. There was no mention of this in the Leaking Urinal and worst of all, OUR OWN ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT has not made a related media release. If we don't promote ourselves, who will? Sad.

Man, I figured the Beacon AND UA would be all over this. I'm shocked. What an opportunity for Bowden to capitalize on an Akron player making THE KEY PLAY to win the freakin' Super Bowl! Come on, GoZips.com, what gives over there? Someone's asleep at the controls.

Man, I figured the Beacon AND UA would be all over this. I'm shocked. What an opportunity for Bowden to capitalize on an Akron player making THE KEY PLAY to win the freakin' Super Bowl! Come on, GoZips.com, what gives over there? Someone's asleep at the controls.

His story is amazing too...Blackburn was starting to substitute teach in Columbus mid-way through the season when he was called back to the Giants. Although he was already a Super Bowl Champion, this really is a dream come true. And what an ideal story for UA to share with the public...especially given all the prior negativity surrounding UA football. This one is nothing but positive and continues the momentum of excitement following Coach Bowden's hiring and of signing day.

And let's not forget Hixson's acrobatic touchdown catch to win the Giant's first game of the season. Though forced to retire, what a way to go out, and he's still a Super Bowl Champion this season. He should not be left out of the story.

Four things won that game yesterday for the Giants.

1. The Giants had 19:45 TOP in the first half and 37:05 overall. An OFFENSE keeping the ball that long early destroys a defense and eventually they prevail late. The winning drive was against an exhausted NE defense.

2. The Giants punter had three punts inside the 20 last night. One resulted in a bad call by the refs on the intentional grounding. I rooted for the Giants, but that was a terrible call. If you spoon feed a defense, they can do these types of things. If not, they aren't smart enough to win games on their own.

3. For a team that only scoered 21 points, Giants moved the ball like crazy totaling 410 yards total. Yards = change in field position and long drives for the other teams offense. Again, if you spoon feed a defense, they can actually do something and create the illusion they are the reason for the victory.

4. OFFENSIVE big plays always dictate the course of a game. Usually, those plays are 40+ yards, but the 38 yard pass late (longest play of the game) in the game set up the Giants to win against a defense they had worn down throughout the game. NE played excellent defense on that play and the Giants still completed the pass.

I'll throw in one more. Talent won the game for Giants. Would a GM rather have the receivers of the Giants or the Wes Welkers of the world and a couple of decent tightends? They take the WRs eveytime because of the talent and big play potential. In almost every positon, the Giants are more talented than NE. People are questioning if Belichick has lost it or not?....They are crazy. The guy almost won the Super Bowl with not the best talent. Give NE the Giants talent and they win easily.

Congrats to Chase and having a great game. I'll be interested to see what happens to him next year. This was his best year on the field and he was cut by the Giants early for whatever reason. Almost out of the league. I don't believe there weren't at least a few teams who took note of his play this year and will try to sign him next year. He proved a lot as a starter. He also continues to be very good at special teams. There is a spot out there somewhere for him.

BTW, congrats to Hix. While he didn't play yesterday, he was still part of that team and will collect a ring along with the others.

The Browns have NO DEFENSIVE BACKS who would've made that interception that Blackburn did. None. How many times have we witnessed the ball bouncing off Cleveland hands, followed by the obligatory mock-fit, stomping, shaking the head, clutching the fists, looking to the heavens.... Gets real old, real fast.

These might be tongue-in-cheek statements....but, sadly, we all know there's a LOT of truth to them both!

yea...the Browns actually have a pretty solid secondary..but lets not use facts here.

I am busy traveling today and only had a short window of time to comment here, but I give anyone else permission to contact him with reference to my posts. Let us know what he says.

I emailed Gregg today and he responded in a thorough and timely fashion. He mentioned that he put Marla Ridenour in contact with Chase a few weeks ago. He gave me several links to numerous pertinent articles, a few of which I had not yet seen. Most importantly for me, he showed me an underused (for me anyway) tool at GoZips.com, the “In the News” tab on the front page of the site. Today’s coverage provides numerous links related to Chase and the Super Bowl, including video of the interception and a PD story by Mary Kay Cabot that clearly connects Chase to the U of A.

yea...the Browns actually have a pretty solid secondary..but lets not use facts here.

Seriously? Are we watching the same team? You've not seen catchable balls bouncing off our defensive backs' hands? If not, you're clearly the only one. It's what Browns LBs and DBs are known for...dropping sure-thing interceptions. But yeah, why use facts?

Never heard of the guy. I guess it just goes to show that with the number of media outlets out there right now, there are a lot of people who get nonsense printed.

Any writer who in this era still claims that "defense wins championships" has obviously never watched a Cleveland Browns game. Our defense could hold the opposition to 3 points and still lose. OFFENSE wins championships. Without it, you're not winning any games, period.

Any writer who in this era still claims that "defense wins championships" has obviously never watched a Cleveland Browns game. Our defense could hold the opposition to 3 points and still lose. OFFENSE wins championships. Without it, you're not winning any games, period.

Normal, everyday cliches don't apply to the Browns.