Past Zips Rosters

FearTheRoo

It's time-consuming, but you can reconstruct rosters of any Zips basketball team by going to page 90 of the Zips media guide and searching the all-time letterwinners list (players listed in alphabetical order) for the years of the specific team you're looking for.

Zips Media Guide Records PDF File

Try statsheet.com. There's a pretty good record of things there. You might need to walk backwards using the schedules tab, and then hit a boxscore to see who was on there.

Like this gem of a game.

Go Zips!!!

B) B) B) B) B)

Oh what a night. I guess you didn't have to look past the fact that Bryan Hipsher started and got 17 minutes to understand what went wrong. Also interesting is that TV Ted was officiating.

Some fans will remember that night as one where OT was needed for the over. A certain Zips player went to the line down 1 with essentially no time left on the clock, shooting 2. Make 1 for OT, 2 for the win.

Guess what happened.

Lets see, the only guy on that night to go 0-2 at the line was..........

BHip. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh what a night. I guess you didn't have to look past the fact that Bryan Hipsher started and got 17 minutes to understand what went wrong. Also interesting is that TV Ted was officiating.

I also glanced at the season stats and was sadly reminded that he AVERAGED 17 minutes per game that year, while shooting 31% from the field, and 17% on 3-pointers. I guess this explain why the guy calling the shots that year has never returned to a D-1 head coaching job anywhere.

Some fans will remember that night as one where OT was needed for the over. A certain Zips player went to the line down 1 with essentially no time left on the clock, shooting 2. Make 1 for OT, 2 for the win.

Guess what happened.

Well, since you brought it up I need to get this one off of my chest. I can not recall all of the details but I believe the opponent was Western Ky. We had seats near the visitors bench and the time was winding down, way down and I needed two pts to cash my ticket. The Zips had an insurmountable lead with just a few seconds left and the W Ky coach had called the dogs off and was content to hop on the bus to get home. Andy Hipsher had the ball and I just started shouting " Foul... Foul" at the top of my lungs. So this kid from w Ky runs clear across the floor to grab Andy as time was winding down. I guess he's the only one that heard me. Anyways, Andy hit one of the two so I turned a loser into a push. My wife turned 5 shades of red but money is money.

True story

Well, since you brought it up I need to get this one off of my chest. I can not recall all of the details but I believe the opponent was Western Ky. We had seats near the visitors bench and the time was winding down, way down and I needed two pts to cash my ticket. The Zips had an insurmountable lead with just a few seconds left and the W Ky coach had called the dogs off and was content to hop on the bus to get home. Andy Hipsher had the ball and I just started shouting " Foul... Foul" at the top of my lungs. So this kid from w Ky runs clear across the floor to grab Andy as time was winding down. I guess he's the only one that heard me. Anyways, Andy hit one of the two so I turned a loser into a push. My wife turned 5 shades of red but money is money.

True story

Epic! Thanks for sharing.

There is a great free app called "Zips Update" and the rosters go back to 1996-97 season.

The app is on stats heel.com?

Never intended this thread to be a historical look back, but thanks for sharing. Makes me even appreciate more (is that possible?) what we hae today.

Akron BasketballStatSheet, Inc. - Android App

According to the Android Market Web Site Description:

Stay up-to-date with Akron basketball.

If you are a fan of the Akron Zips and college basketball, this is the one app you must have. Akron Basketball gives you previews, recaps, unique statistical nuggets, scoring and analysis based on real-time stats and historical trends. We leverage our advanced technology and database of over two billion statistics to give you unique insights and proprietary metrics, including team power rankings and individual player rankings and grades. We even arm you with fact-based “statsmack” to send to your friends. Download the app and prepare to unleash the power of data!

Akron Basketball App includes:

-Sortable scoreboard by conference

-The Akron Zips' full schedule with quick-view access to full game boxscores and player stats

-Daily articles and analysis throughout the season, including previews and recaps for every game

-Sortable team and player stats for every team in the league

-Proprietary StatSheet metrics like StatRank, which algorithmically ranks every player and team

-Stat-based grades for the season and for each game for every player

-Continuously updated standings

-Full rosters for every NCAA team

-StatSmack - our stat-based trash talking app that arms you with irrefutable data to send to your friends on why the Zips are better than any other team on the planet.

-Links to our StatSheet NCAA Twitter and Facebook accounts for every team. Follow us for dynamic in-game updates on scores, big plays, win safety and more!