Zips twitter

zippy_ua_00

I follow a few of the zips bball players and coaches on twitter. Most are pretty well mannered and seem decently educated but josh egner seems like hes a kid straight from the projects of detroit and not a tall white kid from jackson twp. Lets be a little more selective with our words and act like ur getting a college education. Theres no need for anyone to drop the "n" bomb let alone a white kid. On a better note, walsh just posted a pic of tree sleeping on the bus trip to muncie. Good stuff

I follow a few of the zips bball players and coaches on twitter. Most are pretty well mannered and seem decently educated but josh egner seems like hes a kid straight from the projects of detroit and not a tall white kid from jackson twp. Lets be a little more selective with our words and act like ur getting a college education. Theres no need for anyone to drop the "n" bomb let alone a white kid. On a better note, walsh just posted a pic of tree sleeping on the bus trip to muncie. Good stuff

He bleeped it, and i'm pretty sure it is from a song or something.

EDIT: I know it is. Warning language is obviously vulgar.

I agree with RowdyZip, if you don't like it, don't follow them. I've followed most of the team from time to time and subsequently unfollowed many of them. I personally don't care too much about their personal lives, but many of them tweet mainly about their personal lives. That's fine with me, I just unfollow them. Guys like Walsh on the other hand tweet a lot about team life, which is why I enjoy following them.

Honestly, unless you're a fellow student or know the athletes personally, you're probably better off just following the coaches and official accounts.

The athletes are college kids and their twitter pages are used for personal reasons, not to keep fans updated on how their team is doing. It's not much different than friending them on Facebook.

If you don't like what people are tweating I agree -- unfollow. This does not mean however that one would want to see a college student or anyone for that matter tweat differently and expect more of a division 1 athlete than Joe Akron.

Twitter and Facebook illuminate a huge divide in how "our" generation communicates versus "today's" generation - and it's frankly very disturbing. When my kids were in high school at a local Catholic institution, I was horrified by the FB posts by 9th and 10th grade students (large percentage girls, BTW). The language they used - the "N" word, "bitch," "whore,"...these were white girls who had attended St. Sebastian and St. Hillary, for gosh sake. Twitter just takes it down to the next level of the gutter. Our society is in trouble today, but I can't imagine in 15-20 years...

Twitter and Facebook illuminate a huge divide in how "our" generation communicates versus "today's" generation - and it's frankly very disturbing. When my kids were in high school at a local Catholic institution, I was horrified by the FB posts by 9th and 10th grade students (large percentage girls, BTW). The language they used - the "N" word, "bitch," "whore,"...these were white girls who had attended St. Sebastian and St. Hillary, for gosh sake. Twitter just takes it down to the next level of the gutter. Our society is in trouble today, but I can't imagine in 15-20 years...

Just curious how old you are?

Every generation thinks the younger generation is "stupid, lazy, blasphemous, hooligans that don't know their a$$ from a whole in the ground." Some of that comes from not understanding the technology of the younger generation, some of it is from being set in your ways. Youth culture for some reason scares the older generations. Not sure at what age people start thinking that the generation beneath them is off kilter, but it always happens.

With that said, the younger generation always thinks the older generation is out of touch, know-nothings, that have ruined their chance a decent life through their actions and greed. They also think the older generation is bent on ruining their lives and their chances to have fun. Most of that is from not having life experience and fully developed brains.

Unfortunately for the older generations, they are finally right. This younger generation is a bunch of entitled, lazy, stupid, blasphemous hooligans that are going to be nothing but a nuisance to anyone. I blame the generation before me for not smacking their kids like they should have. :D:D:D

Just curious how old you are?

Every generation thinks the younger generation is "stupid, lazy, blasphemous, hooligans that don't know their a$$ from a whole in the ground." Some of that comes from not understanding the technology of the younger generation, some of it is from being set in your ways. Youth culture for some reason scares the older generations. Not sure at what age people start thinking that the generation beneath them is off kilter, but it always happens.

With that said, the younger generation always thinks the older generation is out of touch, know-nothings, that have ruined their chance a decent life through their actions and greed. They also think the older generation is bent on ruining their lives and their chances to have fun. Most of that is from not having life experience and fully developed brains.

Unfortunately for the older generations, they are finally right. This younger generation is a bunch of entitled, lazy, stupid, blasphemous hooligans that are going to be nothing but a nuisance to anyone. I blame the generation before me for not smacking their kids like they should have. :D:D:D

I am 49 and a member of the faculty in Akron. If you saw the "writing" I do or tried to have meaningful conversations with a large percentage of today's students, you would consider moving to New Zealand. Imagine discussing global terrorism and its impact on the future of our nation and then noticing that most students are reading text messages.

I am 49 and a member of the faculty in Akron. If you saw the "writing" I do or tried to have meaningful conversations with a large percentage of today's students, you would consider moving to New Zealand. Imagine discussing global terrorism and its impact on the future of our nation and then noticing that most students are reading text messages.

Global terrorism? Who is this? I think I had you in class haha.

I was trying to be part funny part serious. Maybe you should try texting them some of the lecture. When you aren't a digital native you have to re-learn too. Most of these under 25ers can't learn the way you or I did.