Northwestern game thread

bUAkronG

Less than 7 hours to tip off!

Who made the trip? I imagine with it being spring break the Rowdies would have to have organized a trip. I know if I wasn't working a full schedule this week I'd be there.

The Zips are getting 6.5 points, and I expect them to beat the spread as well as win the game.

Can't wait, is it 9PM yet?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Less than 7 hours to tip off!

Who made the trip? I imagine with it being spring break the Rowdies would have to have organized a trip. I know if I wasn't working a full schedule this week I'd be there.

The Zips are getting 6.5 points, and I expect them to beat the spread as well as win the game.

Can't wait, is it 9PM yet?

If we can guard the three-point shot (which we do pretty well, usually) and prevent the back-door, pick-and-roll stuff they like to run (which we really haven't seen much), and if we can neutralize their 1-3-1 zone with good three-point shooting, Northwestern has a serious problem.

I think we do all of the above at enough stretches throughout the game and win 67-61.

I expect them to beat the spread as well as win the game.
Here is the best advice anyone will ever give you if you honestly believe that...bet the money line.

No stock, will give you a better return in a few hours. If you just hope that, you probably should not.

Here is the best advice anyone will ever give you if you honestly believe that...bet the money line.

No stock, will give you a better return in a few hours. If you just hope that, you probably should not.

I never bet on my favorite teams, I just use the lines as reference.

I never bet on my favorite teams, I just use the lines as reference.
I've known other people that say the same thing. I don't understand it. My theory is, I don't watch any team more than the Zips, if I don't know when they are going to win or lose the majority of the time, then I am not a very smart sports fan. You don't even have to win the majority of the time when you are a 2.4:1 underdog and think they will win. I haven't watched one Wildcat game in my life, that's my issue. I like to know something about both teams.

B) The Zips have to win tonight it is my 72nd birthday today so it has to be a lucky day. I could use a win for my Birthday!! :lol:

I have them winning by 10 pts.

If they give it their best they will win, if they don't they won't it is that simple.

Late game, 9:00. I have to be up at 6 to be at school at 7 to give the OGT all week. Bummer. Will be a late night for me :rolleyes:

GO ZIPS BEAT NW

I'll repeat what I said in another thread.

Which team is really excited about playing in the NIT? Is that us? Do we play another game like we played in the CBI against Wisc. GB? Or, do we play a game like we did at Temple or Florida State, when our opponent was obviously the team that didn't care enough ?

Please....make it the latter.

Zips 61

NW 56

I'll repeat what I said in another thread.

Which team is really excited about playing in the NIT? Is that us? Do we play another game like we played in the CBI against Wisc. GB? Or, do we play a game like we did at Temple or Florida State, when our opponent was obviously the team that didn't care enough ?

Please....make it the latter.

Zips 61

NW 56

Let's hope we do what we did the last two times we had our first game in the NIT:

win.

Before we get ahead of ourselves...NW was 11-5 at home. Only two of those losses were buy greater than two points....Baylor and Michigan in OT.

http://www.dailynorthwestern.com/sports/me...akron-1.2714652

I think our team gets lost playing defense agains offenses they see regularly. I hope KD has come up with something to make it easy on them tonight.

Kind of sad watching the preliminary game on ESPN2, with UMass spanking Mississippi State. Who knew what an underachieving team MSU was going to turn out to be at the time the Zips beat them.

With any amount of good conference leadership, UMass would be playing basketball in the MAC in the next few years.