Northwestern game thread

bUAkronG

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys don't have the game on ESPN2 right now? Zips down 19-12, playing decent. Northwestern is hard to defend when they are hitting shots. Good thing is Zeke is playing real big right now. Gotta keep feeding him and play defense.

Shots aren't falling right now.

Now 22-12. Gotta step it up on defense.

We're getting waxed on national teevee (again), and you think it's a good thing? Our defense is terrible!

this is terrible. i cant stand to watch this stagnant offense. it is sickening. no wonder we are easily defended. :(

Happy to see the 7-0 run to end the half. Without Northwestern's hot 3 point shooting, this game looks totally different, score wise. If we can adjust to their offense (that I love, by the way), I think it'll be a close game in the second half.

Other keys:

1. No more McClanahan. Ever.

2. More Zeke Marshall. He's done good work inside almost at will so far. And he's dunking more!

3. No more 3 pointers from the Serb. It just looks desperate.

4. Walsh needs to hit a couple 3 point shots.

5. More Diggs and Gilliam.

The Zips are playing hard. Look at how they are controlling the boards. NW is just making all of their jump shots. I don't think that can continue. We need to keep attacking them down low. Zeke looks tough. We need to make our shots in the paint. Hopefully we can come back in the 2nd half. Go Zips

Happy to see the 7-0 run to end the half. Without Northwestern's hot 3 point shooting, this game looks totally different, score wise. If we can adjust to their offense (that I love, by the way), I think it'll be a close game in the second half.

Other keys:

1. No more McClanahan. Ever.

2. More Zeke Marshall. He's done good work inside almost at will so far. And he's dunking more!

3. No more 3 pointers from the Serb. It just looks desperate.

4. Walsh needs to hit a couple 3 point shots.

5. More Diggs and Gilliam.

Lots more Gilliam, please. :)

The Zips are playing hard. Look at how they are controlling the boards. NW is just making all of their jump shots. I don't think that can continue. We need to keep attacking them down low. Zeke looks tough. We need to make our shots in the paint. Hopefully we can come back in the 2nd half. Go Zips

The biggest difference right now is Crawford for NW. Unless we stop letting him have the open lane, he's going to go for 40.

No excuses for getting beat off the like they have been in the first half. I expected to see missed assignments but some of these baskets are just blowing by our guys like they are standing there.

Love to see some Zone with Zeke in the middle to swat away the driving layups. I am okay with making them make long jumpers but the guys need to get their arms up in the air -- they are offering little resistance.

Hopefully first half was butterflys and they'll get that worked out now.