Jump to content

phil

Members
  • Posts

    308
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

phil last won the day on April 4 2016

phil had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

5,511 profile views

phil's Achievements

Rookie

Rookie (2/14)

  • Dedicated Rare
  • Reacting Well Rare
  • First Post Rare
  • Collaborator Rare
  • Week One Done Rare

Recent Badges

18

Reputation

  1. Another unwatchable Akron Zips football game. I think in the last 10 years, about 75% of our games have been games where Akron was not competitive like today. Just hard to watch through the years.
  2. The weekend started well with a Zips win on the road in soccer. I then watched the Guardians get crushed. I was looking forward to this game thinking we would be competitive against a MAC team. Watching the 1st quarter was tough. Watching the rest of the game is impossible. We cannot compete. Very dissapointed.
  3. We are just not a very good football team. The opposing team scores right before half. One year that happened almost every game. Based on what I have just watched I just don't see this team coming back.
  4. On those QB runs, not one Zip has any penetration. They are just pushing the Zips backwards. It looks like it will be 21-7 by half. Look back at all those squandered opportunities in the first quarter.
  5. He has to have an internal clock that tells him his protection will not last forever and he needs to throw the ball. What happened to our quick pass offense?
  6. The keys to that drive were the Central Michigan penalties. Yikes!!! This game is how not to play football.
  7. 1st and 10 from the 10 becomes 4 and 40. Central Michigan cannot even give us 3 points. This is why there are 12 people on this board.
  8. I thought we had a really good run game last week and everything was going well until we outthunk ourselves and called the trick play that lead to the interception. I hope we establish the run game and keep the ball in akron hands. After we show we can run the ball the passing will open up. Our QB can throw given the time.
  9. I thought Reggow got noticably worse after he took a hard shot on a safety blitz. Nobody picked him up at that was a 10 yard sprint right into the QB. After that hit I would be getting rid of the ball a little faster.
  10. Did you see the new MAC hashtag: From sea to shining sea
  11. Just returned from the game. I am very disappointed we could not give them a competitive game. After scoring a touchdown in our opening drive, we were outscored 38-3. That is pathetic!!!! In the first half we were running the ball extremely well. We are moving to our second score on their 20 yard line and the coach calls a trick play and the receiver or running back gets the handoff and throws a pass that is tipped and is intercepted. No points. On our next drive we are moving the ball on their thirty with a fourth and two and try a roll out pass that is batted down and turnover on downs. When you have success running the ball, run the damm ball!!!! And yes, for the first time on a fouth and short, we had a snap under center and picked up the first down. Finally, our coach puts a guy under center for a fourth and inches. Success!! Our defense just gave up too many big plays in the air. Not one sack all game. The defensive backs were so bad today and just let receivers run past. I do not know what defense the defensive back were playing but on one long pass you had 3 defensive backs looking at the QB and the receiver 15 yards behind them. On another play nobody covered the back out of the backfield. Too many bad plays to talk about today. Not sure who is coaching these guys but that was ugly. I really thought this team was getting better. I was wrong.
  12. Great first half of basketball. Really playing well as a team. Large number of assist and great job of feeding the dog and finding the open outside shooters.
  13. Great article. To say that Kwan has been inconsistent offensively is an understatement. It would be great if he could have a great game on the road. If he plays well consistently it would really help this team. The last road game was a disaster so it will be interesting to see if this team can pull it together with a good team effort. Go Zips
  14. Year of the Big Dog? After 20 games, here are the best offensive improvements from last year: Big Dog 6.9 points Antino 5.2 points Jake 3.6 points Reggie 3.6 points
  15. Thanks for updating the site and being the administrator. I enjoy talking about Zips basketball with other fans. With the new change in the web site my name changed from 1981 grad to Phil. When you have the chance I would like to return to 1981 grad. I tried to make the change with no success. Thanks, Phi,l aka 1981 grad.
×
×
  • Create New...