Michigan @ Akron

Some thoughts from the game -

We started out poorly in the first 20 minutes and had trouble dealing with Michigan pressing high. I know everyone is on the Abdul-Salaam train right now but he really isn't ready to be playing in bigtime NCAA games. Makes me wonder why guys like Foldesy, Morris, etc have been buried on the bench behind him but obviously hard to argue with anything the coaching staff does.

Stevenson was my M.O.T.M. He scored a great goal and did a good job keeping possession and being dangerous with outside shooting. Akron definitely misses Brenes, and to a smaller degree, Koroma.

I was happy to see Schmitt come in and make an impact. If the same players are available in the round of 16, expect him to start in-place of Abdul-Salaam.

Our finishing in the second half was very poor. There were many chances to put the game on ice and Akron was very wasteful. As the tournament progresses, these mistakes will prove to be costly.

Chad Barson was outstanding in the back as well. What a warrior. Same goes for Meves. What a big time save he made late in the game.

Anyone know the status on Brenes? Everyone says he is day-to-day but that's been going on now for some time. Also Koroma wasn't even on the bench? Are we sure he is just 'sick' and if he is, I don't wanna get whatever he's got because he's been out for some time as well now.

agree with you on Saad......this team needs Reinaldo back to win a national championship. Schmitt coming off the bench for 15 minute spurts is very effective...but they really need Brenes up top

Go zips! bring on (most likely) Creighton.