The Worst Football Schedule Ever

KingZip

now that all of the mac schedules are i out i took some time to really look at the other mac schedules and i am feeling a little better about how akron's schedule plays out for expamle akron's last game is against wmu and you can make a case that they'll be a tough home game. one thing to keep in mind is that wmu faces florida sate the week before and should be beat up coming to akron .... also the game at cmu has some of the same features as cmu plays at the team up north ... i know that akron is coming off two very tough road games but i feel that akron is the deeper team and should come into that game more fresh.....looking at the two conteders in the mac east bgsu has by far the toughest schedule not only do they play ohio state and wisconsin but they finish the season at akron miami at home and at toledo... as for miami they should have the softest schedule as the akron game is sandwiched inbtween ball state and ub... the red hawks even have very winnable non conference games but this is all hanging on their qb situaiton....as for the make or break portion of akron's schedule look no further than the middle part were the zips go at uc, miami at home, at toledo, and bgsu at home... if akron wins three of four they should have a good chance at 8-4 and a mac east titlelets hope for the best and stay away from the injury bug... can't wait for the season to start this could be a big year! :screwks:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking...for those who think the 5-of-6 roadies to begin the football season is bad...the Zips women's softball team had their first THIRTY games on the road this season! They came through around .500, with wins over Oregon State and Notre Dame.Can the Zips football team "sack up" and become road warriors, following the example of the Zips women? BTW: Can female softball players "sack up?" Or, do they "labia up" when the odds are against them?Yes...it is the off-season...the comedy gets a tad weak in the spring...

Just happen to be going through some old school stuff when I found this old schedule.I thought a few of you would appreciate seeing it.It's funny to read people complain about our schedule for next year.PS Notice the WZIP logo when they used to broadcast games in sparkling FM.(Somewhere there was a thread discussing why or why not WZIP would broadcast games.)schedule.jpg

not to get off topic, but looking at the helmet in the old schedule, my first thought was, "I'm so glad someone finaly figured out that a capital letter A with horizontal streaks in it is NOT an inspiring logo"
It's better than what came after it, worse than what we have now. All in all, just okay.Not digging the jerseys, though. They have a kid's pajama top quality to them.Your mileage may vary.

Just happen to be going through some old school stuff when I found this old schedule.I thought a few of you would appreciate seeing it.It's funny to read people complain about our schedule for next year.PS Notice the WZIP logo when they used to broadcast games in sparkling FM.(Somewhere there was a thread discussing why or why not WZIP would broadcast games.)schedule.jpg
Thanks for the old schedule DrZ. Jeff is a good friend of mine and introduced me to Mrs. GP1 (redhawk). Ten years later, she still thanks her luck stars she met such a great guy and I really can't blame her. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I crack myself up.

• 2 weeks later...
Getsy has a knack for having big yard games when he needs them. the 06 Zips are light years ahead of the 04 team. Sorry Charlie Frye, but look for Getsy to break most of your records this year. The Penn State D will be tough. Paul Posluszny is an amazing player, but lets not forget he finished last year by tearing ligaments in his knee. He won't be in mid season form, just like the rest of the players. I think Getsy will light up Penn States secondary.
1. PSU is also light years ahead of where they were in 2004. That was one of PSU's worst teams going 4-7 but still pulling out a 48-10 win .2. Paul P did not tear any ligaments in his knee. His knee is back to 100% and he participate din spring drills. He did sit out of contact drills as a percaution. He should be in great shape by game 1. PSU linebacker depth is amazing.3. While Getsy might get his yards i don't think he will light up the secondary. This secondary is more talented then last years. They just lack in experience.

Getsy has a knack for having big yard games when he needs them. the 06 Zips are light years ahead of the 04 team. Sorry Charlie Frye, but look for Getsy to break most of your records this year. The Penn State D will be tough. Paul Posluszny is an amazing player, but lets not forget he finished last year by tearing ligaments in his knee. He won't be in mid season form, just like the rest of the players. I think Getsy will light up Penn States secondary.
1. PSU is also light years ahead of where they were in 2004. That was one of PSU's worst teams going 4-7 but still pulling out a 48-10 win .2. Paul P did not tear any ligaments in his knee. His knee is back to 100% and he participate din spring drills. He did sit out of contact drills as a percaution. He should be in great shape by game 1. PSU linebacker depth is amazing.3. While Getsy might get his yards i don't think he will light up the secondary. This secondary is more talented then last years. They just lack in experience.
Sure you beat us 48-10 and that is putting it nicely, JoePa chose not to run up the score and i have great respect him and the PSU program. The game was over after PSU's second touch down (i believe) when your running back proved our defense was just.... too slow. THat was it game over, everything after that was just theatrics. As for your defense, well beyond Charlie we were pretty 1 dimensional at that point. New coach, new system, new recruits, etc. etc. THere was a big difference by the end of the season. Still I was not overly impressed with PSU's defense in that game. Although they are now much improved. I still see PSU winning, but I beleive the Zips will be a lot more competitive.Ps. The paw of a Nittany Lion doesn't have 5 digits unless they are severly imbred, and the dew claw doesn't make an impression. Seriously, you guys need to do something about that, i like the old design much better. :rofl:

Ps. The paw of a Nittany Lion doesn't have 5 digits unless they are severly imbred, and the dew claw doesn't make an impression. Seriously, you guys need to do something about that, i like the old design much better. 
The paw has 5 digits because clemson sopyrighted the 4 digit paw before PSu did.

Ps. The paw of a Nittany Lion doesn't have 5 digits unless they are severly imbred, and the dew claw doesn't make an impression. Seriously, you guys need to do something about that, i like the old design much better. 
The paw has 5 digits because clemson sopyrighted the 4 digit paw before PSu did.
That's a stupid workaround to the copyright. It's like UMKC was revealed to be the only college allowed to use a kangaroo, so Akron responds by adding a third eye to Zippy.

Isn't there a grandfather clause for that. Besides how many schools use that design. I know several HS teams that still do, and Ohio U. did for awhile as well.

That's a stupid workaround to the copyright. It's like UMKC was revealed to be the only college allowed to use a kangaroo, so Akron responds by adding a third eye to Zippy.
:laugh_up: Roo's have retractable balls for fighting. They look like they're dangling from a string, maybe we could add a mechanical pair to zippy. Balls up.......... it's GO time! Blow the Whistle! :rofl::cheers:

:laugh_up: Roo's have retractable balls for fighting. They look like they're dangling from a string, maybe we could add a mechanical pair to zippy. Balls up.......... it's GO time! Blow the Whistle! :rofl::cheers:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Isn't there a grandfather clause for that. Besides how many schools use that design. I know several HS teams that still do, and Ohio U. did for awhile as well.
I believe it became an issue when we played them in a bowl game one year. I am sure for high school teams it has never been an issue. there are several high schools who use PSU's logo but it never has been an issue.