Marla Ridenour on Future of Zips

Blue & Gold

In the original discussion, the description of "hitting" was disputed by some who described it more as "pushing away." In the absence of indisputable, proven evidence that any male was guilty of striking any female in a manner that could have caused injury, care should be taken in how one chooses to describe such incidents. I trust that neither the Zips coaching staff nor players would want to have a player back on the team who was guilty of hitting a female with intent to injure.

Is everyone really so naive as to think he was suspended for a year for "pushing away"? Harney and Treadwell were listed as witnesses, so they would have stuck up for him if that's all it was. If it was just a push, he wouldn't have been suspended.

If you've watched Quincy play, you really wouldn't question the allegation. Hopefully he learned from it and can move forward a better person.

I'll phrase it a different way - how many people on this board have done pot, and how many have hit a woman? Again, I'm not making excuses for Alex, but in general people seem ready to forgive Quincy and bury Alex. We'll see what happens before next season. Hopefully they both can move forward.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is everyone really so naive as to think he was suspended for a year for "pushing away"? Harney and Treadwell were listed as witnesses, so they would have stuck up for him if that's all it was. If it was just a push, he wouldn't have been suspended. .....

That speculation addresses only one incident. In fact, there were multiple incidents. There were no reported injuries nor any indication that either party wanted to physically injure the other. Multiple incidents over many months suggest that this was a classic case of two people who couldn't live without each other and couldn't live with each other. If they remained in close proximity, based on previous incidents there was at least a possibility that future incidents might occur. UA decided that the prudent course of action was to create physical separation between the two by excluding one from the UA campus.

Is everyone really so naive as to think he was suspended for a year for "pushing away"? Harney and Treadwell were listed as witnesses, so they would have stuck up for him if that's all it was. If it was just a push, he wouldn't have been suspended.

If you've watched Quincy play, you really wouldn't question the allegation. Hopefully he learned from it and can move forward a better person.

I'll phrase it a different way - how many people on this board have done pot, and how many have hit a woman? Again, I'm not making excuses for Alex, but in general people seem ready to forgive Quincy and bury Alex. We'll see what happens before next season. Hopefully they both can move forward.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

So says the expert that doesn't know when the victim was in school (not sure why that even matters). Or as you refer to her, "alleged victim".

If you're cool with abuse that's fine, it's clear from your posts. I'm not ok with what either guy did, but hopefully they can learn and move one.

So says the expert that doesn't know when the victim was in school (not sure why that even matters). Or as you refer to her, "alleged victim".

If you're cool with abuse that's fine, it's clear from your posts. I'm not ok with what either guy did, but hopefully they can learn and move one.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

That speculation addresses only one incident. In fact, there were multiple incidents. There were no reported injuries nor any indication that either party wanted to physically injure the other. Multiple incidents over many months suggest that this was a classic case of two people who couldn't live without each other and couldn't live with each other. If they remained in close proximity, based on previous incidents there was at least a possibility that future incidents might occur. UA decided that the prudent course of action was to create physical separation between the two by excluding one from the UA campus.

And as ALWAYS it is the MAN who is guilty and has to leave.

The whole concept of men taking primary responsibility for anything involving any physical contact with women is based on the sound principle that men are generally more physically powerful than women and are more likely to do physical harm in an altercation. In reality, there have been documented cases of powerful women physically abusing slightly built men. Beyond that, there are cases of females using mental and emotional abuse to try to offset the male's physical strength advantage. So these situations are not always as obvious as they might appear on the surface. Anything that is done to de-escalate any situation where there's a potential for minor incidents to evolve into major incidents is a good move, even if the solution might not be 100% fair to both parties. Both men and women need to try to understand where their vulnerabilities lie, and try their best to avoid situations where they put themselves in jeopardy.

The whole concept of men taking primary responsibility for anything involving any physical contact with women is based on the sound principle that men are generally more physically powerful than women and are more likely to do physical harm in an altercation. In reality, there have been documented cases of powerful women physically abusing slightly built men. Beyond that, there are cases of females using mental and emotional abuse to try to offset the male's physical strength advantage. So these situations are not always as obvious as they might appear on the surface. Anything that is done to de-escalate any situation where there's a potential for minor incidents to evolve into major incidents is a good move, even if the solution might not be 100% fair to both parties. Both men and women need to try to understand where their vulnerabilities lie, and try their best to avoid situations where they put themselves in jeopardy.

Or to put it more simply:

Some women drive men to smack them around.

But it is always the man who goes to jail.

I'll say it again. if we wish to think bigger and beyond the MAC we must get much quicker at the 1-2-3 spots. Hey, I think it's great that we have some 6'7" wings that can shoot it well. That will win us a lot of MAC games but it won't cut it vs a top 30 type team that has quick, athletic guard play.

Having Q back would be one step forward to achieving this. What we really need is a quicker point that gets into the paint.

Yes 71;very cave manish of you. Everyone knows that so much abuse occurs not because women egg men on but because they just don't listen.

LOL

After 28 years in the Courts I can not tell you how many times I have seen men get screwed over. The system is stacked in favor of the woman.

But they are all not so sweet and innocent. It does take two to tango.

Let me clear this up for everyone (by the way, the following is based on facts reported and facts gathered by talking to several people present at each 'incident'):

--Diggs wasn't charged...period.

--He did NOT hit her...period.

--BOTH incidents were not reported until at least a day later, at the urging of others who were not present for either of them.

--We wouldn't even be talking about this if it weren't for a few people blowing it out of proportion.

Also, let me say that it is absolutely ludicrous to insinuate that this was the sort of thing that would have come down to real physical abuse if not for the U stepping in. There are no facts to support that, and no person who knows either of the two would agree with such a prediction.

I also don't know if it's fair to say that Q was "screwed over" because he was a guy. Don't get me wrong, that's the culture we live in these days, but nothing points to that here...at all.

I think this whole thing has been speculated on enough, and people have jumped to conclusions far too much after facts have already been laid out. I for one am rooting for Q to make it back, if not only to finish his degree and achieve something important for himself. If he also gets back on the court in a Zips uniform? That's icing on the cake.

(by the way, from what it sounds like, him coming back is looking more and more like a certainty)

--He did NOT hit her...period.

Your own website has an article titled "Akron Police Report: Diggs Hit Ex" and yet now you say it didn't happen. What is your evidence that contradicts your own reporting and the filings in the police report?

Just saying something emphatically doesn't make it true.