More on the Rubber Bowl

There is no way this is going to happen. Riiiiight... a dome over a reconstructed Rubber Bowl! Sounds like a typical Akron/Canton boondoggle to me. Looks like zipsnation.org let some of its favorite Kooks out of the cage. How Akron can some people get? Can we say Ben Suarez or Gary and Karen Taylor anyone?

There is no way this is going to happen. Riiiiight... a dome over a reconstructed Rubber Bowl! Sounds like a typical Akron/Canton boondoggle to me. Looks like zipsnation.org let some of its favorite Kooks out of the cage. How Akron can some people get? Can we say Ben Suarez or Gary and Karen Taylor anyone?

except the guy is from my area, which doesnt surprise me at all :unsure:

While i wont argue this is dilusions of grandeur, their idea isnt just a minor league football team. It is to create a new venue to rent out for entertainment and sports. If domed it would be the largest indoor arena in Ohio. therefore basketball would be a possibility as well as football and concerts and graduations and trade shows. Maybe even soccer and hockey. The idea has some merit. To build an 8000 seat arena would cost us 60million plus.

However, With Akron Fulton still operating the same issue remains that they cant build higher than a certain point ( the light poles on field instead of on top)so Im skeptical that the FAA would ever sign off on such a plan. And as for 35Million? Can you say cost overruns? This will quite likely go the way of the Massilon sports arena back in the 80s