Looking forward to National Signing Day

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His academics are out of whack because he transferred to Orrville after the "incident" at Rittman.

His academics are fine. Word is his dad's buddies with one of the Akron coaches. They gave him the "offer" to try to generate interest from other schools. It all blew up in the Wayne county area and in his face. It got so bad a kid on his team wrote a nasty poem about him and his dad (the coach). It ended up on national television. They both quit before the end of the season. Akron is now listing him as a greyshirt to save the kid and his family the embarrassment in the community. The whole thing is a joke

So, 13 new players have signed today. One more is hopefully going to sign in the near future. Add to that at least four greyshirts from the previous class (and subtract one that's sitting out until next year) and some incoming transfers.

This class might be small, but it has some big time players in it.

In my mind, the highlights of the class are Chandler Kincade, Newman Williams, Anthony Clark, and Brock Boxen.

The four greyshirts that I know of are WR Anthony Lauro, LB Jerome Lane, LB Deon’Tae Moore, and DT Lavonne Gauthney. There might be one or two more.

We know Se'von Pittman should become eligible this season.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a couple 5th year transfers come in later on.

To me (the amateur casual observer of recruiting) appears to be a strong class, regardless of the number of recruits. How many times have we had a high volume of recruits and most of them don't pan out?

We have the foundational players for the OL and DL, which a lot of us were worried about. We got a future QB, and some SOLID recruits for the defensive side. I'd imagine there are some 5th years/transfers in the works to beef up for this year.

Overall, the question I throw out there to everyone is: Do you think that we gained more talent (or potential talent) in this recruiting class than we lost to graduation?

The O-Lineman from Willoughby apparently was committed to Can't according to the Plain Dealer. Nice to see us flip a kid away from Can't. Although the PD doesn't seem to understand St. Francis, Duquesne, Bucknell, Youngstown State and Davidson do not play Div. 1 football. I also found it interesting that in a list of "local recruits" going to Div. 1 programs it also listed "preferred walk ons".

http://www.cleveland.com/hssports/blog/index.ssf/2014/02/high_school_football_recruitin.html#incart_2box