New Gozips.com

this is what we were sent regarding the new site, however on first look i liked the old layout better...

As of midnight tonight, our contract with our current Web site provider, CSTV, ends.  We have entered into a new agreement with XOS Technologies. http://gozips.cstv.com/genrel/063006aac.html The new-look GoZips.com will debut at the end of August with a number of new features.  However, we will not be able to access all of our current content on the "shell" GoZips.com.  Each sports page will some have recent stories as well as schedules and rosters. XOS is working to get the new site up and running as soon as possible so please be patient.

Its pretty crowded with stuff. It would have been nice if they would have spread it out some and not tried cramming everything into a 500 PX wide frame. go the full 1024, or at least 800 x 600
I can't tell if it is a Zips site or a Serius Radio site? Jesus, are there enough advertisements??!!Here is NC State's. Same format, but much cleaner:Click Me

capt... NC State site is ran by CSTV throguh your link. The new Zips site (which by the way is just shell for right now) is now run by XOS, not CSTV. Give it time. I have seen some awesome XOS sites and some awesome CSTV sites. It's all preference and based on functionality for the fan.... all in due time.

capt... NC State site is ran by CSTV throguh your link. The new Zips site (which by the way is just shell for right now) is now run by XOS, not CSTV. Give it time. I have seen some awesome XOS sites and some awesome CSTV sites. It's all preference and based on functionality for the fan.... all in due time.
I hope so. I've seen NASCAR bodies with less advertising and more easily-readable text.

Right now there are two different sites that are marked as the Zips site. If you type gozips.com you get one and if you use the link off of uakron.edu you get a different one. Neither site is the new site. The new site will be 100% different. I am hearing in the next couple of weeks it will be up.

I wonder if the old content is lost for good now....think the final version of the new site will have any stories, stats, etc. in the archives? The Team Shop online is "coming soon"....too bad they didn't have the new site completely ready to go when they unplugged the old one. The AK-Rowdies link also leads to a page that has no information. I know they say August, but they should have this stuff up now. They could have tried to have some of this stuff ready in the interim version anyway.US Airways did a similar thing with pulling the plug on the previous web site and implementing their new web site before it was really ready, and their customers were pretty mad. At least gozips.com isn't selling airline tickets and stuff.....The new site wastes a lot of space on the right side of the screen. And the abbreviations are wacky....MSOC? BSB? Just spell it out.....Mac-sports.com also moved (as noted above), and I can't click on any sport links because the pop-out menus of sports disappear when I move the mouse pointer over them! What a mess.....

This new site is pretty bad. You would think the new one would be better from day one rather than have a shingle on the main page saying improvements are on the way. Bad customer serivce here because once you go to a bad site you rarely go back for more.