2015 Zips in Pro Leagues International & Domestic

Voted Dillon Serna's schwerving lefty blast. Wow!

But David Villa's first time heal pass was sick!

I also voted Serna. Amazing movement on that ball how it looked to be going right then swerved left just before entering the goal just inside the post and under the crossbar. Great movement and placement. No way the keeper gets a hand on that.

An assist and a goal for Teal Bunbury off the bench in the NE Revolution's 2-1 win over the Philly Union tonight.

EDIT: http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/video/2015/04/20/postgame-revolution-2-union-1

• Like 1

Guys tonight Evan Bush is becoming a man. Montreal is playing in Estadio Azteca against Club America in the CCL Final. 100,000 Mexican fans. I'm watching now (only on Fox Sports II or Unimas in Spanish) and every time he has a goal kick fans are shining lights in his face. And Montreal just scored!!!

• Like 3

Guys tonight Evan Bush is becoming a man. Montreal is playing in Estadio Azteca against Club America in the CCL Final. 100,000 Mexican fans. I'm watching now (only on Fox Sports II or Unimas in Spanish) and every time he has a goal kick fans are shining lights in his face. And Montreal just scored!!!

It's a real shame he won't be between the posts for the return leg at Stade Olympique :( Still hoping the Impact can pull off the improbable!

Edit: Impact will appeal, so hopefully Evan will still play.

• 2 weeks later...

Timbers Academy alumni Jesse Garcia-Aguilar (University of Akron) and Anthony Macchione (University of Akron) join the U-23 squad following their freshmen season in college.

http://www.timbers.com/u-23s/2015/05/portland-timbers-u-23s-add-five-more-players-2015-season

I don't follow the PDL league. Is this just a summer league or does this mean that these 2 will not play for the zips in the fall?

I don't follow the PDL league. Is this just a summer league or does this mean that these 2 will not play for the zips in the fall?

PDL is a development league in the summer. Timbers U23s are part of the Timbers development system. Just like DeAndre was a member of the Sounders Academy and played for the Sounders U23s in the PDL, Jesse and Anthony are members of the Timbers Academy and will play for Timbers U23. Btw, Saad and Victor played for the Timbers U23s. Jesse and Anthony will be back in the Fall just like DeAndre, Saad, and Victor returned to the Zips.

I think that whomever posted that hasn't done enough research on New Zealand Football. If you look at Wanderers SC, the entire squad is under 20 years old. Also, it seems that "premiership" as in ASB Premiership does not necessarily have the same meaning as in other areas. Finally, if you look at Regulation 10 ASB Premiership, page 13, section 18, it talks about Amateur Player Agreement. This doesn't appear to me to conflict with NCAA eligibility rules.

Also, I believe the BigSoccer poster identified that Stuart played for the NZ team in question in January. If playing for that team was an eligibility issue, Stuart would not have been able to participate in the spring matches with the Zips.

• Like 2

Upon further research, I found this New Zealand Football Regulation 5 Status of Players which states on page 5, Section 3.1 "All football played under the jurisdiction of NZF and its District Federations is amateur ..."

Wanderers SC is under the jurisdiction of NZF

EDIT: I should have read further before posting this. It appears that one can reacquire amateur status in New Zealand. Although I'm confident that Stuart has never become a professional, and there is no issues, I have to admit that I no longer think this and the other links I posted can be considered conclusive.