2015 Zips in Pro Leagues International & Domestic

And Mattocks scores to lead Jamaica to a 2-1 upset of the USA. Amazing stuff.

Happy for Darren but can't like this...a USA loss. Well-prepared Jamaican team and legitimate win (unlike the 2nd game). Kudos and Congrats to them. I'll be rooting for them to win the Gold Cup.

Disappointment with the JK era continues. I still don't see US Soccer making the significant changes needed to improve US mens soccer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to see my favorite MLS team, the Montreal Impact, play at home in Stade Saputo last night. It didn't hurt to have Evan Bush maintain the lead late with a fingertip save with a few minutes to go and the Impact down to 10. He was put in some difficult spots by numerous giveaways. The goal from Drogba was a beauty though - a straight down header at the end of a long cross from Reo-Coker.

Still hanging onto the last playoff spot in the East.

Allez, allez. Allez, allez, allez. Montreal, Montreal, Montreal, allez, allez!

• Like 3

Another example of the crap referees in MLS. I love Wil Trapp, but a pk should have been called when he pulled on Darlington Nagbe's jersey/shorts then rolled over his legs without getting any ball, all in the penalty area. I was there, and it was obvious when it happened. The ref was in position and had an easy view to make that call but didn't. Approximately 34 seconds into video. Oh well, the Timbers went on to win 2-1, but again, Darlington gets nothing for his effort on that one.

EDIT: Darlington did get an assist on the Timbers' first goal.

DeAndre played the full 90 minutes for Sunderland (2-2 draw) this past Saturday. He's back with USMNT for Oct 10th match v Mexico. Hopefully he gets more minutes at Sunderland when he returns.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't find much on it, but Scott Caldwell was voted 2015 NE Revs MVP and honored prior to the match with Montreal last night.

“We’re disappointed in the results we’re getting, but we still have belief and we still know we can do it,” said the Revs' Scott Caldwell, who was voted the club’s most valuable player prior to the match. “We can turn this thing around and get some results.”

The Montreal Impact, with Evan Bush in goal, won the match 1-0 and clinched a playoff berth. I hope that the Revs can get a win or draw at NYCFC next week to clinch their spot.

I couldn't find much on it, but Scott Caldwell was voted 2015 NE Revs MVP and honored prior to the match with Montreal last night.

“We’re disappointed in the results we’re getting, but we still have belief and we still know we can do it,” said the Revs' Scott Caldwell, who was voted the club’s most valuable player prior to the match. “We can turn this thing around and get some results.”

The Montreal Impact, with Evan Bush in goal, won the match 1-0 and clinched a playoff berth. I hope that the Revs can get a win or draw at NYCFC next week to clinch their spot.

On a related note, this article was written before the Impact clinched the playoff spot. Evan truly has had a breakout season in 2015.

The 29-year old native of Concord Township, Ohio son has been nominated five times and twice has won the MLS Save of the Week. Only two other goalkeepers in the league have recorded more wins than Bush, who also has eight clean sheets to his name this season. You would think that hese statistics and stellar performances would register on the radar of the US Men’s National Team.

When asked if he had heard from the USMNT, Bush confirmed he had not.

"That would be a nice thing to hear about or know, but that’s nothing I’ve heard about so far," Bush said of an international call-up. “It would be nice if I could some recognition in that department, but it’s not something I am waiting to hear for and not necessarily the reason I continue to try and play every game to the best of my ability.”

• Like 1

Gutty 2nd half tonight by Caleb porters team tonight with darlington nagbe getting a goal

EPIC is the word. Down 1-0 at halftime at the LA Galaxy, the Timbers score 5 and only give up 1 in the 2nd half to win 5-2. If you missed it, definitely check out D Nags' goal. Wow, that was fun. PTFC control their destiny for a playoff spot.

Darlington's goal 4-2

The Timbers' goals were fun to watch.

Adi's 1-1

Chara's 3-1

Uruti's 5-2

Gutty 2nd half tonight by Caleb porters team tonight with darlington nagbe getting a goal

By the way, it was fun to see Twitter "blowing up" with Timbers' and Zips'/Timbers' fans comments during and after that incredible 2nd half onslaught.

Edited by Zip_ME87