Caleb Porter

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for finding this article about IU Mens Soccer TennZip...http://www.idsnews.com/article/2017/11/sp-iums-2004-oral-history I was particularly drawn to this...

Porter: “What’s crazy about it is I look back now and think about it and reflect and think about how amazing it is, when I was in that moment it was, like, expected. I remember actually being upset after the game because I didn’t think we played well. We just found a way to win. I don’t think it was one of the most talented IU teams in history. Obviously, Coach Yeagley will tell you some of the best teams and most talented teams never won championships. Ones that did were really hard and tough and found ways to win games, and it wasn’t always because they had the most talent. I think this team in 2004 was kind of the epitome of that.”

1 hour ago, ZippyRulz said:

U.S. Soccer has had their eye on Porter as a potential future men’s national team manager for quite some time. He was in charge of the Under-23 side’s 2012 Olympics qualifying campaign, and was expected to receive consideration for the vacant USMNT job. But even if Porter doesn’t get that gig, he’ll be extremely in demand and is unlikely to have trouble landing a new job.

I'd love to see Caleb get his opportunity as USMNT Head Coach. But whether or not he lands that job, US [Mens] Soccer needs him...a YNT head coach, technical director, assistant coach...

The Colorado Rapids, among others, could also desperately use Caleb's skills.

1 hour ago, Zip_ME87 said:

I'd love to see Caleb get his opportunity as USMNT Head Coach. But whether or not he lands that job, US [Mens] Soccer needs him...a YNT head coach, technical director, assistant coach...

As long as the current structure of the USSF exists, Caleb will never be allowed re-entry into their coaching clatch.  He rankles them, he stands up to them, and he has shown there are different ways to accomplish what we all so dearly want, a competitive U.S. Men's team.  Obviously love the man.  Can't stand Sunil Galati and his lieutenants.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to ZIP, some more analytics (not as in-depth as the Nagbe article). I know Buflobo will enjoy reading. I think others will too. I did.

https://possessionwithpurpose.com/2017/06/28/gluck-getting-hot-in-portland/

https://possessionwithpurpose.com/2017/11/20/gluck-porter-pulls-out-of-portland/

Edited by Zip_ME87

• 7 months later...

Peter Vermes deserves chance to be next USMNT coach - Caleb Porter

..."If you're going American, Peter Vermes, for me, he is the guy that deserves the shot," Porter said. "I believe that. That guy deserves to carry the torch of our national team. Peter Vermes, in my opinion, based on what he's done in our league, he's proven it as an American coach.

"If you don't go with Peter Vermes, I think, based on what I've proven, I'm in the mix with another two or three guys who deserve consideration and I'd be open to talking."...

https://theathletic.com/473120/2018/08/15/caleb-porter-recharging-in-south-carolina-plots-his-return-to-the-sideline/

Edit: Appears that a subscription is required for this article. (Sorry, I didn't read before posting the link.)

Edited by Zip_ME87

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...