Time Warner to Show UA/CMU game

br30302004

Time Warner Cable Northeast Ohio has agreed to carry the Comcast telecast of the University of Akron and Central Michigan University football game, which kicks off 1:00 p.m. (EDT) Saturday from Kelly/Shorts Stadium in Mt. Pleasant, Mich. Ben Holden (play-by-play) and Rob Otto (color) will call the action in the Mid-American Conference opener for both teams. Time Warner Cable customers will be able to watch the game live on Channel 23, and beginning Monday afternoon it will be available for viewing free to digital customers on cable system's local-on-demand Channel 1111.

Time Warner Cable Northeast Ohio has agreed to carry the Comcast telecast of the University of Akron and Central Michigan University football game, which kicks off 1:00 p.m. (EDT) Saturday from Kelly/Shorts Stadium in Mt. Pleasant, Mich. Ben Holden (play-by-play) and Rob Otto (color) will call the action in the Mid-American Conference opener for both teams. Time Warner Cable customers will be able to watch the game live on Channel 23, and beginning Monday afternoon it will be available for viewing free to digital customers on cable system's local-on-demand Channel 1111.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss

I made the event but didn't send out any invitations because I want to make sure this time that Panini's will actually have the game on. I messaged someone that worked there to find out. So if they will have the game on, Panini's it is. can't pass up $1 drafts

Hey Dr. Z!Any chance you could drop your buddy @ TWC a note and ask if it's going to be shown to ALL TWC customers in NEOH, or just the immediate Akron area.How about those of us that were Adelphia (Suburban Cleveland) and were just acquired by TWC? Are we getting some love too? They've got a local access / information channel, it's just not 23 .. I think it's 15 or 17.Thanks!

When OSU played NIU while Akron played Penn State, both at 3:30, there was maybe no more than 4 OSU fans there. They had planned on putting the OSU game's sound on and had it on most TV's until I regulated on them. I got my way after bitching to the manager and they turned the Akron game on almost every tv and had the sound up really loud. Soooooo,,,, there's a good chance that there wont be a lot of people there for OSU at 12:00, and if we can get at least 20 + people to go to Panini's we shouldn't have a problem.

Here is an update email from my new friend at Time Warner.Just goes to show what a few emails can do (unless it's the BJ)--------------------------------Dr Z,I was out yesterday, but I wanted to get back to you. First, I apologize for not getting the first half of the game on. There was a problem with satellite reception on our end. Second, I want to thank you for offering up the idea in the first place. YOU are responsible for us working to get the game (at least the second half) on local cable. THanks very much.-- Bill--------------------------------No disrespect to anyone at the university that worked on this. I'm sure he was just being nice.