akron vs. indiana

I haven't looked at the stats but I believe Indiana had two shots on goal for the game and scored on both. We had only one shot on goal and nothing to show for it. For the first half it was pretty even with us having a little more of the run of play. As has been evident from the previous games we are horrific in the final third. Unless something dramatically changes look for this to be the theme the rest of the year. There is just no pure goal scorer on the team as in years past. Sinisa will score on free kicks and occasionally from the run of play but we just don't have that deadly finisher. The second half I would give the edge to Indiana as they put in an insurance goal with about 15 minutes left. Akron should drop from all the rankings after this game. I'm actually surprised we were ranked as high as we were with us strugging to score against inferior competition. We have played two ranked teams this year and have now been outscored 7-0. Hopefully they pick things up or it could be an ugly stretch of games coming up.

I haven't looked at the stats but I believe Indiana had two shots on goal for the game and scored on both. We had only one shot on goal and nothing to show for it. For the first half it was pretty even with us having a little more of the run of play. As has been evident from the previous games we are horrific in the final third. Unless something dramatically changes look for this to be the theme the rest of the year. There is just no pure goal scorer on the team as in years past. Sinisa will score on free kicks and occasionally from the run of play but we just don't have that deadly finisher. The second half I would give the edge to Indiana as they put in an insurance goal with about 15 minutes left. Akron should drop from all the rankings after this game. I'm actually surprised we were ranked as high as we were with us strugging to score against inferior competition. We have played two ranked teams this year and have now been outscored 7-0. Hopefully they pick things up or it could be an ugly stretch of games coming up.
I see the same thing. I went to the IPFW...or whatever that school's initials are...last week. They were the worst soccer team I've ever seen at Jackson Field and we only beat them 3-0. The week prior the same IPFW team lost 9-2 to Wisconsin Green Bay. IPFW has been outscored something like 35-3 in 7 games this year. Last year's Zips squad might have hit double digits against them. BTW: Why the hell did we allow these clowns in the MAC? I guess so we can keep our automatic NCAA bid after Kentucky departed. IPFW will bring down MAC soccer much like the addition of Temple football is embarassing the MAC.