Summer 2017 workouts

zzx

1 minute ago, K92 said:

I'll take that bet.

I mean he had 71, on 7 carries...against 10th ranked Wisconsin last year.  Gets a couple more carries he gets 100.  It all depends if the Zips are behind double digits or single digits.  Zips barely ran the ball in the second half against Wisconsin.  I'm just staying, it's not as unbelievable as you're making it out to be Keener.

2 minutes ago, Balsy said:

Am I not allowed to be optimistic?  Because if he can bust out 100 against top-tier teams, that'll be good for us against MAC teams.

It doesn't mean anything. What if they are up 30 and playing 3rd stringers? Does that impress you?

i care more about what he does against MAC teams. 

2 minutes ago, K92 said:

I don't think he'll get 100 and I hope he gets 0 because we have 0 chance of winning that game.  Sit him on the bench and let someone else get hurt.

I won't go that far. However, if we are getting housed in the 1st half he needs to get a nice comfy seat on the bench. 

12 minutes ago, K92 said:

I don't think he'll get 100 and I hope he gets 0 because we have 0 chance of winning that game.  Sit him on the bench and let someone else get hurt.

My opinion - He didn't stick around for a 6th year of eligibility to sit out the Penn State game. He returned to play football. As a P5 recruit, the nationally televised Penn State game is where he'd like to strut his stuff. The Zips OL is pretty good. I think he can do some damage against Penn State. And that would be a big help to Woody and the air attack.

An argument could also be made to sit him against AK PB. Why play in a meaningless blowout? So if he skipped both, he's down to 10 games left in his career. Is the kid here to play football, or make weight lifting videos?

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. At least for the 1st half of each game, and then make a decision to sit him based upon the scoreboard.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

My opinion - He didn't stick around for a 6th year of eligibility to sit out the Penn State game. He returned to play football. As a P5 recruit, the nationally televised Penn State game is where he'd like to strut his stuff. The Zips OL is pretty good. I think he can do some damage against Penn State. And that would be a big help to Woody and the air attack.

An argument could also be made to sit him against AK PB. Why play in a meaningless blowout? So if he skipped both, he's down to 10 games left in his career. Is the kid here to play football, or make weight lifting videos?

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. At least for the 1st half of each game, and then make a decision to sit him based upon the scoreboard.

If he hadn't have gotten the 6th year, you would be saying "Why didn't we sit him for Wisconsin".  (On the inside.)

52 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

It doesn't mean anything. What if they are up 30 and playing 3rd stringers? Does that impress you?

i care more about what he does against MAC teams. 

53 minutes ago, K92 said:

You're right.  I should just give up.  The Zips are going to Suck.  Warren Ball is going to suck.  Everything about the Zips suck. Doom-and-gloom doom-and-gloom doom-and-gloom. :rolleyes:

Like seriously guys get a clue, all I was doing was calling a shot.  I mean good god, go get something better to do.  You're telling me you wouldn't be at least a little hopeful/interested to see what he can do againtst MAC teams busting out 100 yards on a big-ten team?  GET REAL.

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

An argument could also be made to sit him against AK PB. Why play in a meaningless blowout?

This has always been my opinion, no matter what valuable player we're talking about.

When you are an AKRON, you have to give everything you've got in those games, like a Penn State game.  They are program changers.  For those who were also in Ann Arbor in 2013, you know what I mean.  What if we had been sitting starters that day?  We wouldn't have been sitting on the 2 yard line with a chance to win the game with a few seconds left.  And that Win would have meant more than any in our history.

I agree.  If you want to sit him, sit him when we don't need him during the UAPB game.   

12 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

This has always been my opinion, no matter what valuable player we're talking about.

When you are an AKRON, you have to give everything you've got in those games, like a Penn State game.  They are program changers.  For those who were also in Ann Arbor in 2013, you know what I mean.  What if we had been sitting starters that day?  We wouldn't have been sitting on the 2 yard line with a chance to win the game with a few seconds left.  And that Win would have meant more than any in our history.

I agree.  If you want to sit him, sit him when we don't need him during the UAPB game.   

Here's a little clue for you.  Michigan sucked in 2013.  Penn State is trying to make the CFP in 2017.

1 hour ago, Balsy said:

You're right.  I should just give up.  The Zips are going to Suck.  Warren Ball is going to suck.  Everything about the Zips suck. Doom-and-gloom doom-and-gloom doom-and-gloom. :rolleyes:

Like seriously guys get a clue, all I was doing was calling a shot.  I mean good god, go get something better to do.  You're telling me you wouldn't be at least a little hopeful/interested to see what he can do againtst MAC teams busting out 100 yards on a big-ten team?  GET REAL.

Suck it up buttercup. I am not even worried about the penn state game. It has zero to do with how our season will turn out. No need to get all emotional. We haven't even played a snap yet. 

2 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

NFL scouts seem to value good individual performances against top teams regardless of the final score

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, K92 said:

Here's a little clue for you.  Michigan sucked in 2013.  Penn State is trying to make the CFP in 2017.

Looking at how Michigan's season turned out in the end?  Yes.  

But at that time, they were carrying a Preseason #17 and had just moved to #11 after upsetting #12 ND the week before.  

However, since you point out that Penn State would be a bigger prize than Michigan, then for me that would be even MORE of a reason to play to WIN.  

13 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

But at that time, they were carrying a Preseason #17 and had just moved to #11 after upsetting #12 ND the week before.  

However, since you point out that Penn State would be a bigger prize than Michigan, then for me that would be even MORE of a reason to play to WIN.  

#12 Notre Dame. Lol

2 hours ago, skip-zip said:

You can't be serious, Skip.

6 hours ago, K92 said:

If he hadn't have gotten the 6th year, you would be saying "Why didn't we sit him for Wisconsin".  (On the inside.)

I think your post is roughly as accurate as me saying your dream tailgate party consists of funneling warm Schaefer beer with Zach the Zip at an indoor 4H auction site.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I think your post is roughly as accurate as me saying your dream tailgate party consists of funneling warm Schaefer beer with Zach the Zip at an indoor 4H auction site.

You left out a couple things.  Can we jam some Nickelback, eat stale graham crackers and stream a replay of Akron losing to Buffalo on the big screen?