We're #83...We're #83...We're #83

Dr Z

Phil Steele picked Can't in the unlikely chance that they would win the MAC East. They are winning, so now he has more crediblity. People like him do this all the time. They pick somone with an outside chance of making it and if it happens they instantly get praised. If it doesn't happen, they just chalk it up to league parity, bad luck, ect.Phil Steele got lucky, thay is all.

i'm thinking Can't will not be ranked too high this season because of their opening blowout loss to minnesta, which is a team that is 0-4 in the big ten and 2-5 overall, beating only Can't and temple. give Can't credit. it hurts to say it, but they look good. in particular, their quarterback has done a fantastic job.this is shaping up to be a weak year for mac football, when the best team is topping out at 53. that's embarrassing but hard to argue with. doesn't the conference get three bowl bids this year? if so, that third team is going to be pretty lame.

Honestly, I can't believe they are not higher than 53. Our coaches and players had to know their play calling as they did the same thing the entire game and we were powerless to stop them. The commentators on TV stated something along the lines that Can't stresses strength training and their offensive line gained on average 40 pounds between last year and this year. Recruiting is important but perhaps just as importment is the progression of a team's players over time. In that department, Can't gained an edge that JD needs to address quickly. The team can still salvage this season but needs to wake up on all aspects of the game. And good God man, what ever they do stop those stupid 15 yard penalties.

i'm thinking Can't will not be ranked too high this season because of their opening blowout loss to minnesta, which is a team that is 0-4 in the big ten and 2-5 overall, beating only Can't and temple.
That was Can't opening game and likely got its attention. It would be interesting to see them play the Gophers now and see what would happen though it is irrelevant. It sickens me to say the flushes are playing the best ball in the MAC now though they are. :puke:

You know what sickens me? People who Can't give the Golden F lashes their due. They are now easily the best team in the MAC, and with the exception of VPI, should run the table. And for the record, Phil Steele also picked K.S.U. last year, as did the MAC Report guy -- isn't that right buddy? BTW -- I looked at the I-A standings, and only 59 teams (of 119 of course) have 4 wins so far. Some bowl game may end up without any teams with 6 wins. Aren't there 31 bowl this year? On the other hand, if UA can get to the magic number, they have a good chance of bowling. Somewhere.

Phil Steele or that espn guy do not have any more credibility because they picked Can't.Neither of them had any clue Edelman was going to be the quarterback. Both just looked at a roster that had many returning starters and then they guessed.Congrats to Can't..not to the prognosticators....or whatever the heck they are......

the thing that will hurt Can't this year is if they do win the mac,and /or if they win a bowl game i would think martin is gone. any coach who can turn in a team that had 2 winning seasons in 20 years will get the attention of the bcs schools. it's really doesn't matter what Can't can offer him money wise. no mac shcool has the revenue of the bcs schools.