JD signs New Contract

br30302004

If this is true then I was right in my assumption, JD should be making between $200 - $235. Especially if Frank Solich is making 220K, and he didn't win the conference, nor go to a bowl.
Yet. At this time, he's taken a 1-10 team and put them in the MAC East driver's seat. OU's winning percentage is starting to rival Solich's BAC percentage after a kickin' New Year's bash, so you have to give the guy his props.breathalyzer.jpgBTW - Based upon Solich's resume', it would seem like he'd merit substantially more money than JD. If JD were 60 years old, coming off some 9-win seasons at Nebraska, I would think his salary would be a bit higher.$180,000 per year + incentives (important) isn't too shabby. You can lead a pretty good life in NE Ohio with that kind of cash, so I don't expect he'll need to be shaking any empty soda cups outside the Rubber Bowl, post-game, looking for spare change.If, through the next 3-4 years the program continues to progress, I'm sure he'll make another decent salary jump at UA...or a huge one to somewhere else. Either way I'd be satisfied. If he tanks it...hey, we've eaten "extended" contracts before - Faust...Owens...Hipsher...I hope this one works out better. I think Huggins is the last coach we've had that's left for greener pastures in ANY sport. That was almost 20 years ago.

i agree but tressel isn't even in the top ten in highest paid coaches! What does a lower big ten team pay?
That is because he takes less pay to divide it up with his assistants.His assistants make quite a bit of money.Also, with his radio show and different commercials he does, he is doing quite well.

If, through the next 3-4 years the program continues to progress, I'm sure he'll make another decent salary jump at UA...or a huge one to somewhere else. Either way I'd be satisfied. Continue is still up for grabs -- thus far he isn't guaranteed continued progress this year. I think you could make the case for this team regressing and the loss to Can't was inexcusable

....................If, through the next 3-4 years the program continues to progress, I'm sure he'll make another decent salary jump at UA...or a huge one to somewhere else. Either way I'd be satisfied. If he tanks it...hey, we've eaten "extended" contracts before - Faust...Owens...Hipsher...I hope this one works out better. I think Huggins is the last coach we've had that's left for greener pastures in ANY sport. That was almost 20 years ago.
What about Lolla ???????????

i agree but tressel isn't even in the top ten in highest paid coaches!  What does a lower big ten team pay?
That is because he takes less pay to divide it up with his assistants.His assistants make quite a bit of money.Also, with his radio show and different commercials he does, he is doing quite well.
Don't forget about all the money he made from the Youngstown mafia :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun: