Projected end-of-season RPI

ZachTheZip

http://www.rpiforecast.com/I'm not sure how anyone can accurately predict how things will turn out at the end of the regular season, but they have us going 22-6 with an RPI of about 78. If we win at Ohio, this will all change, and the possibility of winning out in the MAC is opened up. It may still not be enough to get an at-large bid if we lose in the MAC finals, but it is pretty respectable considering our weak schedule.

Great find!BTW, I've seen a lot of talk about "if we beat Ohio, then we should win out the MAC" talk. Not that I am disagreeing, but I hope that KD and the boys are not thinking the same way. That is when we lose a game to say N. Ill or something! Stay focused......

and one other thing, a win will change THIS
I saw that too. I did a double-take looking for Akron, but it just shows that ESPN really is clueless outside of the "high-major" conferences. They just pick whoever has the best record/RPI at the time and automatically assume that they will win the conference, even though conference play hasn't even started yet.

and one other thing,  a win will change THIS
I saw that too. I did a double-take looking for Akron, but it just shows that ESPN really is clueless outside of the "high-major" conferences. They just pick whoever has the best record/RPI at the time and automatically assume that they will win the conference, even though conference play hasn't even started yet.
Look, I think Akron is better than OU...and I think we will get that spot...but why is ESPN clueless? Both teams are 9-3, both teams have a lot of talent....Akron's big win is against Oral Roberts, OU's big win is against Cincy. As of RIGHT NOW, OU has the edge.

Anyone who has followed MAC basketball for a while knows that winning out in the MAC just isn't going to happen. We'll surely stumble in some places along the way, but anything other than a MAC championship in this season is going to be a disgrace. I said the same thing about football though, and look what happened there :puke: .

Does anyone else think this may show that Akron is far ahead of OU in their depth of talent right now?
I don't. OU is pretty good. They match up with us very well and Saturday's game will be a war.
I agree with cap. OU is a quality opponent (hence me making the 3 hour drive to lend my lungs courtside). Bubba is a "star" at OU only because he left Akron because he was 1) not getting the minutes he thought he "deserved."2) not willing to do what coach said he needed to do to get those minutes.3) there's no "I" in "team." Bubba would spell it "iiii."Looking forward to a close game saturday. I think the zips could eek one out with a lot of fans out of town for the bowl game.

In my opinion, the game in Athens will be a tossup that either sides can win it while the game at Akron is an easy W for akron.This means that Akron is a better team. The o-zoners will be good as usual, i hope i can find some zipfans on Saturday to join me showing the zips some love.

I want some thoughts on this.Bubba is one of OU's stars, and he was going to start spending alot more time on the bench if he stayed in Akron.Does anyone else think this may show that Akron is far ahead of OU in their depth of talent right now?
First off, I would place williams and troutman ahead of Bubba as far as "stars" for OU. I think Bubba's transfer to OU indicates Akron has more depth at that position. OU was very front court heavy and needed someone to replace Green this year. He was the right fit at the right time. Overall, I say these two teams are close to dead even.