OU game

bigzipguy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could very well be less than several hundred people there.
are you kidding me? come on guys.....this isnt the south..we are used to SNOW for gosh sakes...it would have to be a foot out there to have only a couple hundred show....Ive been a a season ticket holder here since 89' and have never seen even ONE game canceled....Look at the crowd that showed up when it was 3 chillin a couple games ago...now THAT was a brutal walk from the East deck..and there were 4500 then...LETS GO ZIPS!!

Could very well be less than several hundred people there.
are you kidding me? come on guys.....this isnt the south..we are used to SNOW for gosh sakes...it would have to be a foot out there to have only a couple hundred show....Ive been a a season ticket holder here since 89' and have never seen even ONE game canceled....Look at the crowd that showed up when it was 3 chillin a couple games ago...now THAT was a brutal walk from the East deck..and there were 4500 then...LETS GO ZIPS!!
I'm with you, UA Alum. Weather isn't a big deal. There will be a about 4 thousand on-hand. OU's recent decline, our Toledo loss and the weather will deter only a few from coming.

bigzipguy....what are you doing trying to scare people away? It's Monday morning and you're worried about a snowstorm 30 hours away...you sound like the Cleveland tv meteorologists inciting panic with the weather warnings and updates scrolling across the tv over a little bit of snow in the forecast.
I like the Weather Channel's forecast from this morning better....just an inch or two. The local TV stations are making much more dire predictions....If it is bad, though, and UA closes, I wonder if they would reschedule the game. Not that closing UA is that likely....

Zips Win Like I stated earlier, it depends on : 1.) If the storm continues on its present track 2.) How much sleet mixes in cutting down on the snow total. The latest from the WEATHER CHANNEL IS : 3-6 INCHES by early tuesday evening and another 4-9 inches overnight tue . They may indeed be wrong. Storms change track

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what Mother Nature decides to do. Winter Storm Warning /O.UPG.KCLE.WS.A.0002.070213T1200Z- 070214T1800Z/ /O.NEW.KCLE.WS.W. 0002.070213T1200Z-070214T1700Z/ LORAIN- CUYAHOGA-MEDINA-SUMMIT-PORTAGE- TRUMBULL-STARK-MAHONING- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LORAIN...CLEVELAND... MEDINA...AKRON... RAVENNA...WARREN... CANTON...YOUNGSTOWN 247 PM EST MON FEB 12 2007 ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TUESDAY TO 12 PM EST WEDNESDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CLEVELAND HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TUESDAY TO 12 PM EST WEDNESDAY. A MAJOR WINTER STORM IS EXPECTED TO AFFECT THE ENTIRE REGION TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING. LIGHT SNOW WILL MOVE INTO THE AREA BY MORNING RUSH HOUR. CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE QUICKLY DURING THE DAY ON TUESDAY... WITH SNOW BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES. BY EVENING RUSH HOUR...3 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE...LIKELY MAKING THE EVENING COMMUTE VERY DIFFICULT. ANOTHER 4 TO 9 INCHES OF SNOW IS LIKELY TUESDAY NIGHT BEFORE TAPERING OFF WEDNESDAY. STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 7 TO 14 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE WITH THIS STORM. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT THE SNOW MAY MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO SLEET GENERALLY IN THE AKRON/CANTON AND YOUNGSTOWN AREAS TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND TUESDAY EVENING. IF IT DOES...SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE REDUCED. NORTHEAST WINDS WILL GUST TO 30 MPH AT TIMES TUESDAY AFTERNOON INTO TUESDAY NIGHT CREATING CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WITH NEAR WHITE OUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES. THIS WILL ALSO MAKE TRAVEL VERY DIFFICULT.

I would be surprised if more than a few Bobcat fans show up tomorrow. Even a little snow is enough down here to make the roads unnavigable, and there's a lot people like me with midterms this week. Most Ohio fans will probably come from the area.I do have to say that the constant snow is one thing I don't miss about Summit County.

Unless there is some crazy weather scenario, OU's bus should be arriving at the JAR between 5:15 and 5:30.  Any of the Rowdies wanna get a crew together to hound the team right after they get off the bus?
I don't know if this is 100% true, but a buddy of mine here at work said that thousands of Gator fans welcomed the Akron football team a number of years ago as they exited the bus with chants of "GATOR BAIT!!!" In my humble opinion, Bleacher Bum, I think the welcoming party you are suggesting should become part of the whole Rowdie routine for big/important games. Take every opportunity you can to get inside their heads and crawl around a little bit. Let'em know that there's more in store for them once they get inside. Many have entered in recent years searching for a win, few have left with one! I hope the rest of the Rowdies answer your call.

I would be surprised if more than a few Bobcat fans show up tomorrow. Even a little snow is enough down here to make the roads unnavigable, and there's a lot people like me with midterms this week. Most Ohio fans will probably come from the area.I do have to say that the constant snow is one thing I don't miss about Summit County.
I don't know why you think it is constant.Akron is not Chardon.This is really the first big accumulation we're expecting this winter.

gozips88....you are correct.Florida has a tradition of welcoming the busses of visiting teams for football games. They stand out there and do that "gator chomp" and chant "Gator Bait...Gator Bait".I know some ex-Akron football players who said that they were welcomed the same way.I'd love to see us start that tradition here.I want to see Bubba lose his cool tomorrow. It will bring back old memories.