Zips Baseball/Softball 2024

csims0917

If you like water, there are a lot of places to enjoy it here. The mile long pier in downtown Lorain is a really nice walk (even though it’s only a half mile one way). Put “Oasis Marinas” in your gps. Downtown Lorain is making a comeback. There are several parks and beaches along the shore in Sheffield Lake and Avon Lake. You’ll never run out of places to eat and shop. It’s been fun living here. 

If only the Zips were coming to the tourney…

Edited by Spin
  • Thanks 1

What a great Saturday/Sunday performance.  Saturday's 7th and 8th inning explosions really rocked the Broncos and what a great game pitched by Jared Schaeffer.  Then Sunday we started to make plans to leave Skeeles and catch a late lunch when WMU got up 7 to 1 (I know, ye of little faith) but we sat on our blanket and watched the Zips go nuts in the bottom of the 2nd for 7 and never looked back (well, sort of never.  Pitching limited the Broncos to a run here and there, and we saw a lot of balls leave the park.  My only question is why Coach Fualds pitched to CJ Richmond???  He kept hitting it everywhere and out of here.  Anyway, 2 big wins!

• Like 1

Zips in the Pros after one month

Chris Bassett has a 2-5 record with a 5.45 ERA, 34 K’s, and a 1.68 ERA. I haven’t been able to catch him on the tube yet this season.

JT Brubaker’s career is still on hold, although he was traded by the Pirates to the Yankees. He recently started throwing off a mound and the team is looking at him being active after the All Star break. The Yanks are a half game out of first. Looks like there’s a good chance he’ll be playing late into the fall [fingers crossed].

Edited by Spin
Typo
  • Like 1

The good guys win again in Central Michigan, they’re 8-3 in the last eleven games. This team is putting it together.

I would not be disappointed if they continued this run and earned a trip up here on the 22nd. It would be a nIce to have the underclass experience that. (not criticizing the seniors by any means). 

They’ve all definitely put the work in and deserve more games.

Edited by Spin
Clarification
  • Like 3

Chris will be on MLB Network tomorrow at 1pm vs. Philadelphia (Nola)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

Is he healthy? Looks like he's off to a bit of a slow start.

I saw that. I have not seen anything about an injury. 

He was on Chris Rose Rotation talking about pitcher health… 

https://youtu.be/zGsin-uz8OQ?si=9-Gz1qhKsyPlpaLl

Chris left the mound with. 3 run lead giving up 1 run in 6.3 innings. 

That should be good for a W, but I’m headed outside for awhile. :)

Edited by Spin
  • Like 2

Well the good guys built a nice 8-2 lead going into the 8th before the bullpen puked up 8 runs. 

Well, there’s always game two. 

2 hours ago, Spin said:

Well the good guys built a nice 8-2 lead going into the 8th before the bullpen puked up 8 runs. 

Well, there’s always game two. 

Game two was closer, Kent 6 Akron 5.