Former Zips Coaches Discuss Stadium

That's the first time I had heard the $120M total project figure used. That sounds more like it! That has the potential of being a beautiful complex. Even if the final $54M stadium-only design is a double-grandstand scheme, with $66M of additional surrounding structures, the entire scope of the project will very likely have the big-time, "destination" feel that we're all crossing our fingers for! After trudging through life this past Saturday night and Sunday, man, we need more positive reads such as this one.

From what it sounds like in the article... it's $54M for the stadium PLUS $120M for "other buildings, including dorms, a new parking deck and retail development."
Thanks Nav! You're right! I had misread the article. That's even better news! Here's the paragraph I had misread:"The project is centered around a 25,000-30,000 seat stadium. It includes more than $120 million worth of other buildings, including dorms, a new parking deck and retail development."

Where would they build the stadium? UA is a rather urban school. There aren't exactly huge tracts of land to build on.
How's it going Redleg? You must be new to the board? Nice to have you! They're going to place the new stadium north of Exchange Street, just west of the expressway. Between Exchange and the new fieldhouse. We're all waiting with baited breath for the architectural renderings!

I just hope the stadium has at least one closed end. Having areas devoid of seating behind both end zones makes it look more like a glorified high school stadium than one for a university with a football program that needs to be taken seriously. Just my opinion.