Could we all agree on one thing?

The Hip Zip

Lets hope that Miami fares well vs. Oregon. None of this mess is their fault and most Redhawk fans are in our corner over the NIT fiasco. A good showing by the 'Hawks would give the MAC a desperately needed shot in the arm. I'll be pulling hard for Charlie's boys.
+1

I'm with you. Go Redhawks! I read mostly supportive posts on their board as well and all of my colleagues who graduated from other MAC schools including Miami (and K.e.n.t) have been sympathetic and supportive.

it would be great for mac prestige for miami to make a run but i don't look for them to make it past the first round. i doubt that miami will be able to impose their slow-down game on oregon. my understanding is that oregon plays an up-tempo game. if oregon jumps out to a big lead early i can't see miami playing come-from-behind. miami scored fewer than 60 points in most of their games and had a handful of games where they only scored in the 40s. oregon scored at least 75 points in most of their games. on paper it looks like a mismatch, but i'd love it if miami could somehow pull off the upset.

Lets hope that Miami fares well vs. Oregon. None of this mess is their fault and most Redhawk fans are in our corner over the NIT fiasco. A good showing by the 'Hawks would give the MAC a desperately needed shot in the arm. I'll be pulling hard for Charlie's boys.
umm...NO! GO DUCKS! raised a duck fan, made a zip. not even going to apologize for it. have a bunch of friends that go there and a couple in the band. let the battle of the birds begin! QUACK!

I've always been partial to Oregon (as much as I can for a PAC-10 school...). Their 75 football uniform combos (I exaggerate a bit) were a bit much this year though. While I think it would be a bit nice for the MAC to show well with the team the NCAA had to take, I really don't see it happening. I agree with w00t that they could potentially knock off last year's champs.And for the record, I love the Buckeyes and the Zips.

I am an Akron fan which makes me a MAC fan as well. I will definitely be rooting for Miami against the Ducks. Anytime a MAC opponent is playing out of conference I root for them. The success of MAC teams against non-MAC opponents helps Akron.
I used to think the same, I'm not sure anymore.

I was sitting in the suite behind the Miami section for that game -- no way I'm rooting for them. I work with some too and have not found them to be sympathetic. They are second on my list of hated teams in the MAC behind Can't -- I could never root for them. People on this board are always saying how they hate the Buckeyes now we're talking about rooting for the Redhawks.By the way -- we always talk about UA versus AU too -- the mods might want to know the disclaimer at the bottom of the page it is The University of Akron not the University of Akron.

I was sitting in the suite behind the Miami section for that game -- no way I'm rooting for them.  I work with some too and have not found them to be sympathetic.  They are second on my list of hated teams in the MAC behind Can't -- I could never root for them.  People on this board are always saying how they hate the Buckeyes now we're talking about rooting for the Redhawks.By the way -- we always talk about UA versus AU too -- the mods might want to know the disclaimer at the bottom of the page it is The University of Akron not the University of Akron.
yeah take that :chair: and that :gun: and suck it trebek! hahaas long as we all know that it's 10:04 am and :screwks:

kinda superstitious...but some of us cheered on and wanted miami to beat toledo, and they came back and beat us...i say we shouldnt cheer for our rivals, it comes back to bite us...dont get me wrong i understand cheering for the ONE mac team in the tournament to show our love because we were under-represented...but i dont think its a good thing to cheer on our conference rivals...thats just me (any of you cheering on miami dont take it the wrong way im slightly superstitious)

I am an Akron fan which makes me a MAC fan as well. I will definitely be rooting for Miami against the Ducks. Anytime a MAC opponent is playing out of conference I root for them. The success of MAC teams against non-MAC opponents helps Akron.
I am still so stunned over the rejection the NCAA and NIT showed the ZIPS I don't plan on watching either tournament, and could care less about who wins. I had already commited to an NCAA Toutnament pool, and should I win (didn't even check who I had drawn) I plan to gove it to charity. Charity Simpson - who can usually be found in Canton standing on the corner of 6th and Cherry. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: